SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kennedy retiring
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kennedy retiring Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
CBS just did their hand wringing special report but one talking head admitted the Dems screwed up trying to filibuster Gorsuch and predicted a new justice will be appointed sooner rather than later.

BTW I had close caption on and every time they said President Trump the caption read "President Trouble" and one mention (the only one) of President Ronald Reagan read "President Wrong Reagan". Roll Eyes

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4385 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...BANG!! The sound of her empty fucking head hitting the desk...

Teetering...

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9381 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sweet

can we nominate Gorsuch again? Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53853 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
More winning.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
quote:
Now let's hope McConnell can get Trump's nominee through in a hurry. If the GOP loses the senate in the midterms, the chances of getting a decent replacement are nil.

Let us all agree to work together to make certain that this does not happen!!

The people of Arizona need to make sure their Senators know that they want Trump's nominee confirmed ASAP. Flake seems to want to hold up Trump's judicial nominees and who knows what McCain will do.

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Gotta watch MSNBC tonight to watch their heads explode, RBG is already a shovel ready project, just no one has told her yet.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I didn't see Jeanine Pirro on that potential list. I know. I know! Still I wonder if she might not really have the chops to be a pretty damn good Justice.

At least I know I'm not alone thinking this:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelli...r-supreme-court.html

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
ONLY 85!! Good grief. That's ANCIENT.
Three and a half years (if I make it), and I'll be 85.

But you are not sitting on the SC my friend!

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Now if that ding bat Sotomayor gets eaten by a prehistoric monster...I'd not think one could be so damned stupid and, ignorant and be on the SCOTUS. How wrong I was.

Posts: 17987 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The other day, a member said that this hag was "only" 85! ONLY 85!! Good grief. That's ANCIENT.

Gee, I am only 80 and thought I still had a few good years left!! Big Grin

It is looooong past the time for that witch to retire or take her place in the mausoleum.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't want her to retire. I want her to fucking die during a hearing.

How would anyone be able to tell?

She'll never retire, just expire. She's only leaving feet first.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see Trump nominate Ted Cruz, who IMO would make an amazing SCOTUS judge, just to see the Dems all over the place do this:

Posts: 34643 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
I don't want her to retire. I want her to fucking die during a hearing.

How would anyone be able to tell?

She'll never retire, just expire. She's only leaving feet first.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30955 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want her to fucking die during a hearing.

BANG!! The sound of her empty fucking head hitting the desk.

Warn a fella next time huh? I just about pissed myself I was laughing so hard.

Posts: 2861 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Gotta watch MSNBC tonight to watch their heads explode, RBG is already a shovel ready project, just no one has told her yet.

Moocheele must be slapping the heck out of the Krimson Kenyan, he had 8 years of waiting and in a little over a year Trump gets 2...

It will be like watching the Kingsman: The Secret Service!

Posts: 24343 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winning.

Everything else is just song and dance - a distraction.

The Supreme Court picks will be the legacy.

Maybe even another one.

MAGA.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VTail, we must be a few months apart! 85 is not that old. I plan to pass that age some day though I almost didn't make it last year. The VA saved my butt.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:

Moocheele must be slapping the heck out of the Krimson Kenyan, he had 8 years of waiting and in a little over a year Trump gets 2...

Obama had two, Kagan and Sotomayer. He would have had three.

Timing isn’t everything, but sure counts.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Obama has done plenty of damage with the two Constitutional enemies that he did appoint.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30955 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A lawyer's FB group I belong to is about evenly split on this, but it sure is fun to see the leftists going nuts. And they are - there are Chicken Littles and doomsayers decrying the end of civilization.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post