SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kennedy retiring
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kennedy retiring Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
An ivy league education helped our President. Not all ivy league grads are on the wrong side of things. Wink

Which one?

How many Presidents were grads of Harvard or Yale, Princeton, Columbia, etc?

Which schools are considered Ivy League these days?
That's Penn...
Brown University.
Columbia University.
Cornell University.
Dartmouth College.
Harvard University.
Princeton University.
University of Pennsylvania.
Yale University.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6372 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The Heritage Foundation did a review of what it terms “the 6 Stellar Judges Leading the Pack on Trump’s Supreme Court Short List.” Looks like they’re all winners to me.

Daily Signal Article on SCOTUS Candidates

Posts: 13594 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:

Which one?

University of Pennsylvania. I always seem to forget the names of the other ivies. Wink

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are exciting times.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They all look good, but I suspect the women would be softer of protecting our 2A rights than the men. Perhaps when RBG kicks the bucket a woman would be a good replacement.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Whoever is chosen is going to have to be willing and able to run the gauntlet of the most vitriolic, hateful accusations ever seen, at least in our lifetimes.

It would not surprise me to learn that these distinguished, able, incredibly intelligent men had mistreated women, who will be paraded before the cameras with Gloria Redfern, tears, corroboration, anguish aplenty.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whoever is chosen is going to have to be willing and able to run the gauntlet of the most vitriolic, hateful accusations ever seen, at least in our lifetimes.

It would not surprise me to learn that these distinguished, able, incredibly intelligent men had mistreated women, who will be paraded before the cameras with Gloria Redfern, tears, corroboration, anguish aplenty.

Like they did to Clarence Thomas with whatshername. Who put a hairbic pew on my coke can?.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I might be surprised if such were factual, but I won't be surprised to hear such reported....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

I might be surprised if such were factual, but I won't be surprised to hear such reported....

flashguy

Oh, so would I, but whether the stories are true or not means nothng if will stop the nominee, force delay, keep the clock running, maybe something good will happen.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
There are so many fantastic options for the court on Trump's list. I imagine Trump will once again put forward a great nominee that will respect the constitution and restore the judiciary to the role the founders intended. Trump is doing a whole lot of winning, but the Supreme Court may end up being his greatest legacy.

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
the Supreme Court may end up being his greatest legacy.

Especially if he gets one more pick. Lasting peace in the Korean peninsula would high on the list, too.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Especially if he gets one more pick. Lasting peace in the Korean peninsula would high on the list, too.

Yeah, if a liberal justices retires / expires and he is able to put a 3rd Conservative justice on the bench, that will be quite a legacy.

Now the wishy-washy types finally understand that no matter how much they disliked Trump personally, he was worth voting for.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
An embarrassment of riches....
Oh, who am I kidding, I'm not embarrassed nor tired of winning.

quote:
quote:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I just hope amd pray that whoever is picked will not emanate in the penumbras, as the sign reportrdly in Justice Thomas’ chambers requests.

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Now the wishy-washy types finally understand that no matter how much they disliked Trump personally, he was worth voting for.

We need to remember them, lest they try to use their poor judgement against us when another important choice needs to be made. For example, the 2020 Presidential election.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just hope amd pray that whoever is picked will not emanate in the penumbras, as the sign reportrdly in Justice Thomas’ chambers requests.
English please.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
The liberal judges find rights that are not in the text of the constitution by imagining emmanations of a right from those actually enumerated, or penumbras thereof.

A strict textualist constitutionalist does not look beyond the written text, just seeks to apply the constitution to the case appropriately.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I've heard a bunch of liberal wankers making noise already about Barrett. What little I got to hear on Rush today was a montage of people in the media repeating the same thing across outlets. The path of some of the "journalists" seem to be that Trump is only choosing her because she is pretty. That Trump is all about looks, and appearances, blah, blah, blah.

I think this is telling if you'll listen to it. I think they have went on the warpath on it because Barrett scares them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The path of some of the "journalists" seem to be that Trump is only choosing her because she is pretty. That Trump is all about looks, and appearances, blah, blah, blah.

Well, by that logic, Trump must bat for the other team and Gorsuch must have a nice ass.

These people are just nucking futs.

Posts: 20600 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

The path of some of the "journalists" seem to be that Trump is only choosing her because she is pretty. That Trump is all about looks, and appearances, blah, blah, blah.

All the work women have done to get to this point, and they say she is only getting the job because of her looks? Is that not a sexist remark?