SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will you or have you donated to President Trump's re-election campaign?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will you or have you donated to President Trump's re-election campaign? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
What does the money go toward? Yard signs? Those are meaningless. TV ads?
It doesn't work that way. The reason I donated was not to have my money to be assigned to any specific purpose, which is not possible anyway. The reason I donated was to be a drop of water in a veritable flood of donations which will allow the Trump campaign to take a very large number and shove it up the ass of the leftists: "Since the main push of the Democrats towards impeachment, the Trump Campaign has taken in (X) million dollars, a record for any presidential campaign in the given interval."

They can take my donation and have a pizza party for campaign workers family pets if they like. They can use it to place a bet on a roulette wheel in Las Vegas or go on a shopping spree at Victoria's Secret, or buy a pog collection off of eBay, whatever they want.

My donation is a single letter in one syllable of one word in a very loud message aimed at those who wish to use their illegal and unethical tactics to bring down a sitting POTUS.
I can get behind that.

Posts: 45565 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I sent in a donation to the NRCC. Almost certainly not the last before Nov 2020.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sent a donation to Trump's site this morning.
More in 2020.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Sent a donation to Trump's site this morning.
More in 2020.

Same here!!

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys. I won’t ever support any politician. Be it monetarily
A simple Verbal defense of an individual politician or group or otherwise.

It’s in them to prove to me they are worthy of a vote, let alone
leadership title over anything.

I’m also in the “fuck you party”.

That said, I am certain to put my vote where it will show as to going against the grain
of my states typical elected officials.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about general donations to the republican party?

definitely not for any primary. Let the RINO's or anyone who isn't prominantly behind trump fend for themselves.

Posts: 3534 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigmule:
It’s in them to prove to me they are worthy of a vote, let alone leadership title over anything.
Oh, how principled of you. Tell me something- just what in the holy hell does Donald Trump have to do to prove to you his worth? He's been put through a sausage grinder for more than four years, day in. day out. He's been accused of everything short of pedophilia. His family has been hounded at every opportunity, including his minor son. He donates his salary of 400,000 per year back to the federal government. He's building a border wall. The stock market is at record levels. Employment is at record levels. He's bringing vital industries back to the United States. He's put his foot into China's ass, into Iran's ass and hasn't apologized to any world leaders for being who we are. Just what kind of perfect fantasy storybook hero do you need? The more he does for us, the more hate he receives. Just what in the world else can he do to "prove" to you that he's "worthy" of your precious vote?????

Who would you rather have as POTUS? My God. I can't believe what I'm reading. You don't want to donate? Then don't fucking donate, but just who in the fuck do you think you're impressing with your absolutely impossible standards????? Try making some sense.

Donald Trump is and shall be the very best POTUS in the lifetime of anyone drawing breath right now, but he's got to PROVE whatever to you, after all he's done for us and all he's been through. Snap the fuck out of it.

Do you have any idea of how much of a whacko you sound like, saying that shit? Go ahead- tell us about this storybook hero you have in your mind and tell us exactly what would suffice for you.
quote:
I won’t ever support any politician.
I read some genuinely stupid shit in this forum, but, congratulations. You win the grand prize. Donald Trump saved our asses, but you're too fucking principled to "support" him. Congratulations. You take the grand prize. What's it like to go through life with no one being good enough for you- with no one meeting your fantasy standards?

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry guys. I won’t ever support any politician. Be it monetarily
A simple Verbal defense of an individual politician or group or otherwise.

It’s in them to prove to me they are worthy of a vote, let alone
leadership title over anything.

Come on, man. Wake up. For chrissakes.

ETA: Para nailed it.

ETA + 1: And yes I've donated. Monetarily and by buying items off of Trump's campaign website (some kickass straws as one example)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Donald Trump is and shall be the very best POTUS in the lifetime of anyone drawing breath right now

100%. The absolute best President in modern history.
The guy we have been wishing for years.
I dare anyone to name a better person for the job right now.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
Yes. Directly, several times.

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ben, it's good to see you, man.

Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ben, it's good to see you, man.

Ever watchful. Thank, Mike!

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Indeed; welcome back! I read and really liked Alibi on Ice

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Indeed; welcome back! I read and really liked Alibi on Ice

Wow! Thank you, Jim!

Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It’s in them to prove to me they are worthy of a vote, let alone leadership title over anything.
Oh, how principled of you. Tell me something- just what in the holy hell does Donald Trump have to do to prove to you his worth? He's been put through a sausage grinder for more than four years, day in. day out. He's been accused of everything short of pedophilia. His family has been hounded at every opportunity, including his minor son. He donates his salary of 400,000 per year back to the federal government. He's building a border wall. The stock market is at record levels. Employment is at record levels. He's bringing vital industries back to the United States. He's put his foot into China's ass, into Iran's ass and hasn't apologized to any world leaders for being who we are. Just what kind of perfect fantasy storybook hero do you need? The more he does for us, the more hate he receives. Just what in the world else can he do to "prove" to you that he's "worthy" of your precious vote?????

Who would you rather have as POTUS? My God. I can't believe what I'm reading. You don't want to donate? Then don't fucking donate, but just who in the fuck do you think you're impressing with your absolutely impossible standards????? Try making some sense.

Donald Trump is and shall be the very best POTUS in the lifetime of anyone drawing breath right now, but he's got to PROVE whatever to you, after all he's done for us and all he's been through. Snap the fuck out of it.

Do you have any idea of how much of a whacko you sound like, saying that shit? Go ahead- tell us about this storybook hero you have in your mind and tell us exactly what would suffice for you.
quote:
I won’t ever support any politician.
I read some genuinely stupid shit in this forum, but, congratulations. You win the grand prize. Donald Trump saved our asses, but you're too fucking principled to "support" him. Congratulations. You take the grand prize. What's it like to go through life with no one being good enough for you- with no one meeting your fantasy standards?

Yup that’s me the principled one.
I got no rosy fantasies about politics. Nice to imagine the that.
I see no benefit to wasting my hard earned cash on guaranteed disappointment.

Heading back to my shade tree for another nap.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You didn't address my points or answer my questions, but I suppose that's fair since I broke out the flamethrower on you. I mean this sincerely.

However, I reiterate my point that your response to the question about supporting Donald Trump is self-serving, ungrateful and is tantamont to outright blindness. When your principles keep you from acknowledging the marvelous things a POTUS has done for this nation and its people, you might want to consider recalibrating those high principles just a smidge. Pigeonholing Donald Trump as a "politician" does a disservice to the man but, more importantly, to yourself as well.

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Bigmole’s response brings to mind a certain quote:
In lazy apathy let stoics boast, their virtue fixed, 'tis fixed as in a frost.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In his last post, he uses the term "guaranteed disappointment". There's no swaying someone who is so very jaded and cynical. This is frustrating to read, since he most certainly has reaped the benefits of the Trump Presidency. Let him wallow in this stuff. He seems not only content to do so, but proud of it, too. You can't help someone who's so willfully blind.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My vote, he can count on 100%. Smile That is not in question. An indirect donation by buying some swag is within the realm of possibility. Actual donations of money, sorry, but I need it more than the campaign does. (You don't need to know why, and in any event it is irrelevant.) The little bit I could contribute wouldn't be a drop in the bucket.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m an Independent and have contributed to Trump’s campaign in the past and will do so in the future.

What gives me pause is that my information is shared with every damn Republican running for office both in state and out of state, Email, snail mail and phone calls ad infinitum.

Trump’s leadership style, behavior, Twitter posts, etc. may be unacceptable to some but one can’t deny his accomplishments both domestically and internationally. My .02!

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post