SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oregon - Prop 114: gun buyers already feeling the effect
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon - Prop 114: gun buyers already feeling the effect Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I got an email today from the class 3 dealer in Hillsboro where I've bought my cans, with an announcement dated today that a Harney County judge issued a preliminary injunction against the magazine ban.

Might this be the same place near CPR road where I have spent much money in the past. If so, they are closing for good after Saturday, due to M-114. I got an e-mail saying that everything they have left is on clearance. Spoke to Christian there and he said that M-114 is forcing the closure.

Dammit, dammit, dammit. They are good people.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I got an email today from the class 3 dealer in Hillsboro where I've bought my cans, with an announcement dated today that a Harney County judge issued a preliminary injunction against the magazine ban.

Might this be the same place near CPR road where I have spent much money in the past. If so, they are closing for good after Saturday, due to M-114. I got an e-mail saying that everything they have left is on clearance. Spoke to Christian there and he said that M-114 is forcing the closure.

Dammit, dammit, dammit. They are good people.

That would be BeaverCreek. I hadn't heard about them closing but did a little searching and found it. If 114 stands, they'll be one of many. I was using a different place (MK Tactical).

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Radioman send me the name and location will try to send them some money

Posts: 1745 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
As it stands now per the Harney County injunction against measure 114 if you can find a dealer who will honor the three day rule (i.e. no response on the background check in three business days and they will release the firearm to you) then you can purchase a firearm.

The kicker is that the three day rule is a may release the firearm, and not a shall release the firearm.

This means your big box stores are out as they mostly won't honor the three day rule.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Then I guess the smaller independent FFL’S can reap some much needed profits if they choose to utilize this option. The big box stores can be risk averse and get nothing.

Posts: 3148 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
Radioman send me the name and location will try to send them some money

Google Oregon Arms and Ammunition. Today is their last day in business. I can tell you that they are down to very little inventory. Like some boxes of ammo and a few revolvers, plus some other odds and ends.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just in case the Anti's find a way to appeal the magazine ban, or write a new measure I have been looking for a 10 round magazine for my P365X since the measure passed. No luck, I went to every business that sold firearms and they have ordered the mag but none are in stock.I even called Sig headquarters in New Hampshire and I was routed to 3 different people. They refused sell to me because I live in Oregon. No explanation was given but I guess the measure's wording is vague they don't know if their magazine will be deemed illegal.

Today I found one at Optics Planet and it's on backorder, might be up to 3 weeks before I get it. Can anyone enlighten me why it is so hard to find a 10 rd magazine?

Posts: 593 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add I did buy a 10 rd magazine, when I got home it was for a P365 and did not fit my X model

Posts: 593 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
The explanation as to why you can't get the magazine from Sig is that it most likely has a removeable base plate, and thus would still be unlawful under measure 114 due to being able to readily being able to convert to over 10 round capacity.

Hell Midway USA won't sell certain magazines to Oregon.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post