SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oregon - Prop 114: gun buyers already feeling the effect
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon - Prop 114: gun buyers already feeling the effect Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
For those interested in reading a legal doc...

https://storage.courtlistener....s.ord.170629.1.0.pdf

The court challenge begins tomorrow. Let's pray for a just outcome to this nonsense.

I read most of the text from the court filing. I particularly like this part, and in particular the part that I put in bold type:

There are many virtues to direct democracy and the referenda process, but the Framers viewed certain rights as too fundamental to be left to shifting majorities. The Supreme Court has left no doubt that the Second Amendment is among those fundamental rights where the Framers have done all the necessary balancing, and the democratic process must respect that judgment or be swiftly invalidated. Measure 114 plainly fails to respect fundamental constitutional rights as old as the Republic and reaffirmed by the Supreme Court as recently as this June.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Saw that email from OFF. Hoping for the best. They said there is more to come too.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6968 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^ Speaking of OFF, I donated $100 to them and $100 to the Second Amendment Foundation on Monday.

To those on the thread who mentioned the NRA, thanks for recently donating to them too. We need all the help we can get.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
FPC I think has a suit coming on this too.

Posts: 6968 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
It looks like the Oregon State Police background queue is getting worse:

I was at Sportsman's last night to start my background for another gun I ordered & paid for online - 11/18, after finally getting the "available for pickup" email yesterday.

CHL queue: 9,600
Regular queue: 30k+

Pretty sure there's no way my background is going get processed before December 8th. Clerk at Sportsman's who helped me was pretty vague about this when I asked him about it.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
All hail the Queue!

Hopefully the Queue bullshit will get fixed in the process of this bill being challenged.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Some commentary about it from a 2A lawyer in California.

We really need magazine bans, "assault weapon" bans and concealed carry to go to this Supreme Court.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
All of this shit is an infringement…and should be null and void

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
All of this shit is an infringement…and should be null and void

"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174, 176, (1803)

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436 p. 491.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looks like judge will rule next week on the temporary restraining order.

https://www.opb.org/article/20...-new-oregon-gun-law/

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I just re-upped here.
https://www.ossa.org/
Started being a member and was a SB Director in the 70s

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
SAF FILES 2nd FEDERAL LAWSUIT CHALLENGING OREGON MEASURE 114

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) has filed its second lawsuit in federal court challenging tenets of Measure 114, the Oregon gun control package narrowly approved by voters in November.

This is the fourth federal challenge to the gun control measure, which mandates training and the acquisition of a purchase permit by any individual hoping to buy a firearm in Oregon. SAF earlier filed a lawsuit challenging the measure’s ban on the future sale, manufacture, importation and possession of so-called “large capacity” magazines after Dec. 8, when the law is scheduled to take effect.

Joining SAF in this case are the Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc., Firearms Policy Coalition, Inc. (FPC), Daniel Azzopardi, a private citizen. They are represented by attorneys James Buchal of Portland, Adam Kraut of SAF and William Sack of the FPC. Named as defendants are Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum and Oregon State Police Supt. Terri Davie, in their official capacities.

There is also an emergency motion for a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction.

SAF’s new lawsuit focuses on Measure 114’s restrictive permitting and training requirements with no current mechanism to procure a permit. To obtain the purchase permit, an individual must be fingerprinted, photographed, submit to a background check and provide any “additional information determined necessary by state police rules.” They must also complete an approved firearm safety course, which includes a demonstration of the applicant’s ability to safely handle, fire and store a firearm. Course instructors must be certified by a law enforcement agency.

“We filed this lawsuit separately from our earlier action because the permitting process constitutes an egregious affront to the Second Amendment,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “There is no permit system in place, no guidance on who might qualify as a certified instructor and no forms on which applications may be made or permits may be granted, and no rules to carry Measure 114 into effect.”

“This measure created a requirement for a permit,” Kraut, who is also SAF’s executive director noted, “but didn’t create a system to get the permit. It sets specific mandates but provides no way to comply with those mandates. In essence, the measure effectively creates an outright ban on firearms purchases, which violates the Second Amendment.”

LINK

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where is the NRA on this?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen anything from the NRA on this yet.
Other than them asking me to renew my membership the other day.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fucking Oregon. I moved because of this crap.

I feel bad for the high cap pistol and AR shooters as they are fucked.

Me, I run 147 +P+ out of a G26.. Flat tip solid in the woods. 147 Gold Dot +P+ gold dot HP otherwise.
Underwood. 10 rounds is good but shit. all the high cap guns sold. People are going to be pissed. 1996 called......wants their "high cap" mags back. Sorry.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Where is the NRA on this?

Sand in their cunts. Oregon is small beans. FUCK THEM. It's just one state..............

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I'm going the opposite direction. Might start carrying my 33 round glock mags now.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
I'm going the opposite direction. Might start carrying my 33 round glock mags now.

It will look like a hard on in your pants.

Great.

The law gives the illusion of a hard dick......won't do nothing when ignored.