SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oregon - Prop 114: gun buyers already feeling the effect
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon - Prop 114: gun buyers already feeling the effect Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
A law suit was filed yesterday.
KMA is all I'm saying about this shit show.
https://www.oregonlive.com/cri...XRLeNZffHeiQT5tT2BYg

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to be outdone, Washington State will attempt this next year.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
a few sheriffs are vowing not to enforce measure 114. The gun stores are just jammed with people, allot of them you can tell are first time buyers. lots of shelves are bare, I talked with our local gun store owner and he says it's over for him if everything stops on dec. 8 I'm sure most mom and pop shops are done for.

https://bearingarms.com/camedw...n-measure-114-n64530

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes, some county SO's said the same thing here in WA State when we had our last BS law enacted but frankly, while nice to hear, it doesn't change anything. That prop needs to be changed or amended. I'm doubtful it ever will be. Once on the books, it's hard to get it amended or changed.

As for Mom/Pop gun shops, they are now on a slippery slope.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Well perhaps it is a sign from God to move. With the Antifa riots,far left politicians and bottle deposit laws what is stopping you.

The grabbers can rent U-Hauls too.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oregon:
quote:
Well perhaps it is a sign from God to move. With the Antifa riots,far left politicians and bottle deposit laws what is stopping you.

I'll pass at the moment. This thing barely passed, even with the shit hole of Multnomah county leading the way. The whole of Oregon is not Multnomah county.
No doubt why a significant number of counties are trying to secede from Oregon and become part of Idaho.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The 'State of Jefferson' has a nice ring to it...Let Freedom Ring! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8876 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I can sympathize as I live in NY. The legal challenges won't come fast enough and won't be resolved for a long time.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
The 'State of Jefferson' has a nice ring to it...Let Freedom Ring! Wink

Makes sense for everyone involved if you ask me. Northern Cal, Redding, Yreka, etc is good guys too. Best land as well. We should take it and then just conquer Portland the next day and absorb it back. Some pointed comments and angry stares should be all it takes.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
Been expecting them to pass one for a while now. Tyrants.

For me, it was no surprise. Oregon is rock solid, 100% blue, as far as state elected offices, U.S. Reps, and Senators, state legislature, etc., has been for years. It is basically a poor man's California, and they seem to be hellbent on outdoing CA in the crazy department, with Portland leading the way. Really a shame, there are some good people there and some good towns, but the commie machine has been operating for awhile, they show no signs of slowing. And it wasn't too long ago when gun laws were still decent.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Most here would have no idea of the 30th Governor of the state. He had some great quotes way back then about Or. Future. He was from Mass. But understood many things about the state of Or. and who and what would change it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I for one, don't know what you're talking about...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8876 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
He's talking about Tom McCall, one of our former governors. He's probably referring to this great quote from him as well:

"We want you to visit our State of Excitement often. Come again and again. But for heaven's sake, don't move here to live. Or if you do have to move in to live, don't tell any of your neighbors where you are going."

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
For our non-Oregon members, voters in our fucked up state just passed a law that now makes Oregon one of the most restrictive gun control states in the country

Problem is we didn't have $750,000 from an out of state Billionaire's wife, like the other side had.

They spent part of this money on telemarketers who made 300,000 calls in weeks before the election telling lies to get people to vote yes.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10917 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the Sportsman.s Warehouse to get a 10 round magazine for my Sig. Was not too bad. Two people behind the counter and four people in front of me.

I talked on the phone to one of their reps yesterday and they had one magazine left and would put it aside for me. The counter person was able to find it in a couple of minutes. Very good customer service.

There was a man in front of me buying a long gun, and after the NICS went through he was told he was 19,000 and something in line. Might take a month for the background check to go through.

OMG, a month for a background check to go through, they have gun control in effect before any regulations take effect. This is crap, total crap.

Posts: 593 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
If you look at Oregon’s political map, there is a very small portion of the state around Portland and Eugene that is blue. The majority of the state is Red. Only 7 counties out of 31 counties passed the measure. That’s BS to me.

The FPC is going to sue. The NRA and GOA have been silent on the issue as far as I know. I can’t believe this shit passed. I know the Sheriff here will not enforce it, but the LGS has no choice if he wants to keep his license.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Seven counties voted for this; the rest voted against the measure.

That said on Friday with my CHL I ended up 3500 in the queue for a Fusion 1911 in 10mm (sorry kittens)....

And right now if you don't have a CHL you really can't purchase any firearm be it a single shot rifle/shotgun or a firearm with a magazine as the queue for Oregon's background check won't reach you before the 8th of December.

Oregon doesn't use the same system that many states use that goes through the FBI as they use a system that goes through the State Police.

I also have on order a bunch of 20 round magazines for my M1a.

There isn't a gun store around who will follow the Oregon law and release a firearm after three days if the purchaser is put on a delay by the background check system as they are all scared of the what-ifs and liability.

So Oregon at this point has de-facto eliminated one's second amendment rights if one is purchasing a firearm.

0ver 300,000 citizens will become criminals overnight per measure 114

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
This saddens me a lot. I hope something happens in that state that will turn things around. I don't know anyone there who doesn't say it's a mess there.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's talking about Tom McCall, one of our former governors. He's probably referring to this great quote from him as well:

"We want you to visit our State of Excitement often. Come again and again. But for heaven's sake, don't move here to live. Or if you do have to move in to live, don't tell any of your neighbors where you are going."

Yeah they not only should have left the signs up at the border, but charged a special tax just for those that come. Better yet, it should be a punishable crime to move here because one thinks Oregon is so great only to try to change everything 6-12 months later because "it's not like where I came from". To this day I'm happy to remind folks that if you don't like it here or how we (used) to do things... the road runs both ways and they are more than welcome to leave.

One good thing starting to happen with all this is since the SOS decided to follow the letter of the law and have 114 go into effect on Dec 8th, some FFL's are now following the 3 day rule for background checks. bout time they do the same, follow the letter of the law right thought the 7th, wish every last one of our FFL's would do this.

Posts: 51 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'll pass at the moment. This thing barely passed, even with the shit hole of Multnomah county leading the way. The whole of Oregon is not Multnomah county.

Agreed, sadly the liberals now have enough votes to pass not only this but a new Governor that doesn't reflect the values of many throughout the state. We've got a very small portion of the state now controlling everything because they have the vote count to do it.

The bottle bill increase might be a pain, but it certainly keeps our bar pit clean. Those that toss their trash out the window get it picked up almost before it hits the ground.

What we really need is a homeless deposit bill to get all that trash cleaned up like the original bottle bill did. (sarcasm)

Antifa... big deal that was confined for the most part to a very small part of Portland. Everyone elsewhere made out like it was some huge disaster but folks ten blocks away had to walk down there just to see what all the fuss was about.

Politicians... it's not just far left, it's all of them. Even those that enter politics honest seem to be corrupt within a couple years.

Moving... I've lived other places, they all have their pros and cons. The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the fence. This is true for state lines too. There's lots of trade-offs to consider. My first thought was it's time to move, but then I thought about what a rash decision that would be. Every time I've moved I missed home, I'm a native and I've lived on the dry side as much as the wet side. The liberals in Portland can be a pita but it doesn't change the state itself. We have six of the seven climate zones, water everywhere even on the dry side which BTW is 2/3 of our state. We have real trees, not a bunch of large bushes people call trees. We have mountains that actually go above treeline. There's the ocean and yeah the valley too. Do you realize that the grass in your yard likely came from seed grown here? Yep, this is where most of it is grown, right here in the Willamette valley, grew up with grass farmers and never knew that. When I go to the dry side one of the things I love is that most of the people stay on the wet side so there's room to roam without the hoards of people. My point, there's a lot to like and while 114 is certainly really annoying, it's not a reason to up and move. Now the proposed ODOT tolls on our freeways, that might make me move.

Posts: 51 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post