SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I received a belly warming bucket of chili from my youngest boy's gal. Dressed it up with green bell pepper, scallion, and extra sharp cheddar cheese.

DAMNED GOOD!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, today is overcast, spitting rain on and off, and the high will be 55F. Supper this evening will be Clam Chowder with extra clams, and a tossed green salad. It just sounds like it will fill the bill for me....no crackers, Pita bread instead.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow, bald1 - I'll have a bowl of that please. Looks perfect for a day like today.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
NYE dinner. Prime grade Ribeye, Philip's mini crab cakes, some of my favorite pasta from Wegmans, and some of their jalapeno cheddar bread. Easy but tasty dinner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be leftover from New Years Eve dinner.

Pork loin, apples, sauerkraut, and New potatoes.

Along with mixed greens, rice, quinoa, and black beans.

I rubbed pork loin down with Himalayan salt, course ground pepper, fennel and caraway seeds.

I browned pork in the instapot in butter. Removed pork and sauté onions until slightly browned, clove of garlic. Deglazed with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Added pork loin back in with a cup of chicken broth.

High 45 minutes, quick pressure release, add sauerkraut, apples, new potatoes, about 2tbs or so of rub, and a good shake of dill. A small shake of
Chipotle powder.

Back on for 5 minutes, and after 8 minutes, quick pressure release.

Mixed greens, brown at least 2 straps of bacon. When nice and browned add onion, and brown, then mixed greens, liquor (water from can) and all. Add salt and pepper, Chipotle. After good and warm, and brown rice, quinoa and black beans that was previously cooked. Seasoned how you like.

Serve and enjoy.

bank of america bank address

ARman

Posts: 3141 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benton’s country ham, black eyed peas, collard greens and biscuits.

Posts: 984 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Tonight was two king crab legs (longest) and a lobster tail split and baked. A touch of bourbon under the meat in the shell and a variety of spices including smoked garlic. Very tasty.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37926 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
We had New Year's traditional Ozouni soup.

Good night all and Happy New Year!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ozoni looks good. I may have asked before but forgot. What region is your style? What type of broth do you use? Do you include small pieces of chicken? Is there mochi in there or do you keep that on the side? Your ingredients and the way you cut them is different than how we do it, so just curious.

We use katsuobushi based broth with bits of chicken. And some shaved carrots, daikon, gobo (veggies shaved with a veggie peeler). Mochi is baked until puffed with crispy brown shell in toaster oven then placed in the broth. Southern style.

My favorite part is the black beans and zenzai. Pressure cooker makes it fast and easy.

Tomorrow i get kinako mochi. My fav style.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Prime rib with extra hot horseradish, potatoes with ranch and jalapeno seasoning, brussels sprouts with cheese, artichoke.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Good morning!

Tokyo area, but as you know, every family has their own way of making it.

There are pieces of thighs and mushrooms, daikon, and carrots, etc. in there, along with mochi rice cakes i toasted in the toaster oven. We weren't able to get all the ingredients we wanted at the Japanese market, like other places, they simply ran out of things and are not able to get deliveries.

My wife did a great job of making do with what we could find.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I warmed up a spiral cut ham, pressure cooked some blackeye peas, and boiled some turnip greens.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Trappey’s Black Eyed Peas with fritos mixed in. Topped with salsa and shredded cheddar cheese.

Posts: 26847 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I warmed up a spiral cut ham, pressure cooked some blackeye peas, and boiled some turnip greens.

No cornbread Marzy?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6238 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Mars, that ham looks great. I haven’t had ham in a long time - it’s too big to buy without gatherings. Looking forward to having it again someday.

The ozoni looks great. We have some leftover fresh shiitake from sukiyaki the other night. Maybe I’ll add some to the ozoni. Never thought about that until i saw yours. Thanks for the idea!

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Anyone who can eat soup with chop sticks gets my respect.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8501 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Anyone who can eat soup with chop sticks gets my respect.

LMAO, you'll eat the solids with chopsticks and the soup with spoon.

In Korea, typically you'll put a little rice in your spoon and eat it with some broth.

I'm probably stating the obvious.

Posts: 6238 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

No cornbread Marzy?

You can't make an effective ham biscuit with cornbread. I made dinner rolls.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Absolutely true, my favorite bite at Thanksgiving is the ham biscuit.

Grandma used to tell us it was bad luck of we didn't have all 4, ham, collards, black-eyed peas and cornbread.