SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Heated a can of Hereford roast beef with gravy and spread it all over 2 slices of wheat bread toast. Accompanied by a large order of Popeye's green beans. I love hot beef sandwiches!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Last night I made Indian Butter Chicken, Basmati Rice, and Naan Bread. I should have taken a picture as it was so good.

Tonight I am about to make pan fried tilapia with a citrus sauce and freshly picked okra from my garden that I will bake for the side.

Okay, here is tonight’s dinner. I promise it tastes better than it looks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Rack of lamb, roasted new patatoes, roasted veggies (with bacon).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Rack of lamb, roasted new patatoes, roasted veggies (with bacon).

Dang Jesse! That looks awesome! I always roast my Brussel sprouts or okra, but I like the idea you did of several vegetables. I am going to try that.

ETA: I just checked the fridge and I have a head of cauliflower, fresh brussel sprouts, and a red onion. I am making it tonight if the wife is good with it. She wanted mashed cauliflower as it is just like mashed potatoes. If I do the roasted vegetables, I am going to throw in several cloves of garlic.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Here's the recipe. Cut and pasted from my Facebook.

Shared this recipe that I adapted from Mom's yummy roasted vegetables with a friend, thought I'd share it with all my FB friends with Thanksgiving coming up.

Roasted Brussels sprouts cauliflower and bacon:

2lbs Sprouts halfed lengthwise and loose leaves diacarded

Head of cauliflower (end mix is 2:1 S to C) cut to just larger than the sprouts.
4-5 shallots cut into thirds or maybe quarters depending on size.

6 or 7 cloves of garlic halved lengthwise.

4 Strips of cooked bacon chopped.

1/4c balsamic vinegar.

1/4c red wine.

1/4-1/3c olive oil

1-1.5 tsp each coarse salt and mid-coarsely ground pepper.

Dusting of smoked paprika.

2 Springs thyme removed from stem.

1 Spring rosemary removed from stem.

Add vegetables, spices, and oil and bake around 400. Check at 20 minutes.

Bake until sprouts start to blacken on the outer leaves.

Add bacon crumbles and herbs and stir gently.

Bake for 7-10 more minutes, until a little more blackening occurs.

Remove from oven and immediately mix in wine and vinegar to deglaze. Stir until the fond starts to pull off the bottom of pan.

Cover and serve almost immediately for best results or put back in oven after turning it off or to warm setting and serve within 20 min to preserve crispy edges. Will also be fine with longer hold time, but loses some firmness and crispies.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recipe! I will try that next time. I just used olive oil and some seasonings. I added some jalapeños. Here is a picture before going in the oven. It is still cooking now.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Nice! Enjoy!

EDIT ↓↓ Looks great!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Nice! Enjoy!

It was yummy. Next time I will use your recipe.

Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
One chuck roast put in crock pot.
Added three cans of diced chilies and one fajita spice packet. Also added a cup of a nice Imperial Stout that had gone flat.

2.5 hours on high, and the meal was awesome.

Served with a salad my wife prepared and Walchli seedless Hermiston Watermelon.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
Added three cans of diced chilies and one fajita spice packet. Also added a cup of a nice Imperial Stout that had gone flat.

Sounds great. Just the other day I did a tri-tip roast in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours and it was amazing with green beans and dinner rolls for the sides. Gotta have dinner rolls to sop up that gravy!

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
A bowl of chicken ramen noodles over some grilled chicken with some Parmesan on top - very gourmet....I was tired and didn't really feel like cooking.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:

Sounds great. Just the other day I did a tri-tip roast in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours and it was amazing with green beans and dinner rolls for the sides. Gotta have dinner rolls to sop up that gravy!

I surprised myself with this... my wife loved it, and I saved all the juice so I can use it to smother rice or mashed potatoes.

I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.... Oh and you need to send me some of that tri-tip (give me ideas on how to cook some) and green beans Smile

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I made some grits tonight. Browned a couple of strips of bacon, cut up. Threw in a handful of chopped white mushrooms, some shallott and a clove of garlic, diced. I used water and whole milk in a 2:1 ratio (gotta keep stirring when you use dairy, so it doesn't burn). Salt and fresh ground black pepper. Near the end of cooking I threw in a bit of chopped parsley, then finished it with butter and grated sharp cheddar cheese.

Damn fine eatin'! Only thing missing was the shrimp, but this was a spur of the moment meal, so, it'll do.

Got some leftovers, too. Cool Down home!

Posts: 107481 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Well, that sounds fricking amazing, but I don’t even know if I can get grits up here. Is there a good brand name to look for?
Could be a Labor Day weekend experiment!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled tilapia, loaded baked potato, and green bean casserole was on the dinner menu tonight. Best thing about it was I didn't have to make any of it, our daughter decided to treat my wife and I...and she even cleaned up the kitchen afterwards!

Posts: 74 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: July 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Tonight I grilled a ribeye over a camp fire while I was laying in a hammock and listening to the crickets chirp.

It was a good evening.

Only think on the ribeye was some sea salt.

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheeseburgers (provolone) on Hawaiian roll buns. Those things are great.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Jesse,

Did up a small batch of your brussels sprouts - califlower - bacon dish this afternoon. Only deviation was to use the stronger and thicker balsamic vinegar glaze. Big Grin Didn't go as blackened as you like though but it suits here.
Tasty stuff! Thanks for the recipe! Smile

Served up with a nice ribeye with a good lip and taters. Smile Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice looking, like the butter bowl in the potatoes!

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Nice looking, like the butter bowl in the potatoes!

Yup! Kerrygold unsalted! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post