SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Here's our ozoni (dashi broth, pieces of chicken thigh, shaved carrots/daikon/gobo with baked mochi). Side of black beans. Lot of effort for something simple looking.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sea scallops with a sherry/cream/butter sauce. It didn't suck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jim Shugart,

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Any chance you have that scallop recipe handy that you could post? I have some scallops and been looking for a good recipe. Looks like it would go well served on some angel hair pasta perhaps? Looks absolutely delicious Jim.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Any chance you have that scallop recipe handy that you could post? I have some scallops and been looking for a good recipe. Looks like it would go well served on some angel hair pasta perhaps? Looks absolutely delicious Jim.

I second this. I'd love to try that sauce.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed... looks fantastic. Recipe would be nice.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim that looks delicious.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Dunno yet … But clearly it’s got to be fucking spicy because I’m full of testosterone!

lol Razz

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Not that sauce, but if you want a great cream sauce that would likely go well with that dish, ... try this one.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Chili for the snowstorm, last bits left are going to be tonight's chili dogs.

Here's the chili cheese dogs, couldn't get my normal top cut ones. Had to settle for these, too much bread, they are brat buns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It was just a modification of the following Chef John video:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, supposedly snow is moving in. They have already called school off for tomorrow, so I'm working on a large pot of chili.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pancakes for dinner. Cooked some apples with butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar for a topping instead of syrup.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Argentine red shrimp with both Asian garlic noodles and crisp romaine salad sides.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Baked cornbread Tuna Cakes, then pan seared.

Supposed to be Crab Cakes, but we were out of crab, plenty of Albacore Tuna so, next best thing..

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Venison pot roast. Protection by Glock and Pro-Tech.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Country pork ribs made in the Cosori air fryer. Tasty! Big Grin

https://www.pinkwhen.com/air-f...-country-style-ribs/

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Bald1 those ribs looks delicious!! Country Style pork ribs are one of my favorites, and I buy in quantity, then separate, vacuum seal and freeze. I don't as of yet, own an air fryer, but it is high on my list.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Did some good old sketty and homemade meatballs last night.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Made a batch of Texas Red (aka real chili) on Saturday.

Tonight was leftovers.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shrimp and grits

Cooked in 50/50 water/whole milk, with shredded cheddar cheese and butter incorporated toward the end of cooking. Bacon, mushrooms, red onions, spinach, a splash of white wine, and shrimp, of course.

Damn tasty!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post