SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Poke

Raw Hawaiian red tuna (Ahi) with ginger, soy sauce, mirin, sesame seeds, onions, tomatoes and stuff. On rice with seaweed. And too much whisky. Had company, which fortunately only had to walk a few blocks home:-)

Good stuff

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Jesse,

Mouth watering plate!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Tonight I grilled a ribeye over a camp fire while I was laying in a hammock and listening to the crickets chirp.

It was a good evening.

Only think on the ribeye was some sea salt.

If one had to describe heaven, I couldn't think of a better description.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night, cheeseburgers with plenty of fired onions and mushrooms, and tator tots. It was a great dinner and evening.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turkey pot roast cooked in dutch oven.

Posts: 248 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
tonite we steam cooked 2 racks of Baby Back Ribs for a bit with a BBQ rub. Then tossed them on the grill on top rack for 40 mins slathering them with a NE BBQ sauce. Every 10 mins with a slather and a flip. They were yummy and not burnt Tough thing with ribs so that is why the top rack and plenty of flips. They turned out yummy. Served with baby red potatoes, and sautéed zucchini with scallions, garlic in olive oil. Big Grin

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Didn't feel like having leftover spaghetti and meatballs, so I made some meatball subs instead. Glad I did, damn they were good.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
What? No posts in almost two weeks?

Tonight was straight forward. Flat iron steak seasoned with beancooker's spice rub*, sauteed mushrooms and sweet onions, air fryer baby potatoes (EVOO, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary), melon medley, and some inexpensive but very smooth and drinkable 2018 Shiraz.

Flat iron has become a favorite. Beefy flavor like a rib eye, but no grizzle, fat, or bone to contend with. Great choice for this septuagenarian!

*Running low Noah! lololololololololololol

Stove top prep. Onion and mushroom sauteed in Nutiva organic butter flavored coconut oil and sherry.
Seasoned steak grilled in bacon grease. Smile
Using a pair of Stargazer 10" cast iron pans.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Didn't feel like having leftover spaghetti and meatballs, so I made some meatball subs instead. Glad I did, damn they were good.

Damn Skins, That looks good

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Semi homemade pizza. A pre made pizza crust, some pizza sauce, toppings were Salami, pepperoni, Italian sausage, bacon, mushrooms, and black olives with mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, romano, fantina, and Asiago cheese blend. Oh and anchovies!

It turned out really good. It was a 12" thin crust. I ate two and a half slices.

Crust came out perfectly crispy, loaded of cheese and meats, lots of mushrooms.

There were two crusts and there is enough ingredients to make two pizzas, I'll be making the other Monday or Tuesday.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I could go for one of those! Looks delicious!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I made chicken and andouille gumbo the other night so tonight was reheating the last of the leftovers. With about a ml of water left in my glass, I hit something hot in the gumbo and had nothing to put out the fire. Eek

Very manageable week night dinner since I cheated (i.e I used Doguet's Roux as my gumbo starter).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Skinless chicken breast roasted in peanut oil and spices. Side of french fries.

Next Wednesday, Sept 30 makes 15 years that I’ve been retired. I know I’m making a cheese cake, but what to do for dinner has not been decided yet.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I misread that, thought it said Skin's chicken, and thought I have no special chicken breast recipes... Looks yummy!

The 30th is my birthday, was scheduled off from work, but just found out they rearranged schedule and I have to work now 10pm - 8am. Frown So no special dinner for bday for me, might still make some steaks or something easy.

My dinner from yesterday. Chicken legs coated in Skin's Famous Rib Rub, cooked over apple wood. I couldn't decide which I like better, top ones had some Sweet Baby Rays cut with butter on them, bottom was rub only, wife liked the sans sauce version better.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't cook, but I just discovered a place nearby that prepares catfish superbly. My best catfish has for years been a place 60 miles north of me that I only get to once in a while (when I visit my best friend up there). Finding a place with just as good a product within 2 miles is a big deal for me! (I'm fussy about my catfish.) Big hand-sized filets, light cornmeal batter, perfectly cooked. Yum!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Tonight it was a spinach, arugula, basil soup, topped with some Parmesan, with a couple rib eyes. What’s not in the picture is the west African black pepper sauce. Spicy but tasty as fuck.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Tourte de Chou, with curry spices added.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Local rack of lamb.

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Local rack of lamb.

One of my favorites! Made one last weekend, but I like mine slightly more well done.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis