SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
An Andouille sausage and chicken thigh gumbo with plenty of okra and as dark a roux as I had the nerve to attemp.

Oh Yes.....yes...yes!!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Didn't take a picture because I was too lazy. Had a little pulled pork leftover from night before. Cooked up a burger topped it with the pulled pork and melted the cheese into the pulled pork. Put a little BBQ sauce and a couple of strips of bacon on it. Yum! This is my second time doing this with leftover pulled pork. I think I am going to do this every time I have pulled pork it's so good.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I smoked/grilled a Delmonico (New York) roast. It was brined for 24 hours and then dry rubbed with the best rub creation I have ever put together. Cooked for two hours starting at 180° and gradually increasing to 250°. It was pulled when the internal temp was 123°. Then it was wrapped in foil, then a towel, then placed in a soft sided insulated cooler and allowed to rest for two hours. It increased in temp to 137°. It was the juiciest, most tender, delicious piece of meat I have cooked in a long time.

To accompany this masterpiece, I made creamy polenta with Parmesan and white truffles. This was the best damned polenta I have ever made, or eaten. It was amazing. I cannot begin to tell how great it was.

Also some grilled zucchini and asparagus.

I only took pics of the meat. Who wants to see corn grits and veggies.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4022 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Noah,
Two questions:
(1) was it white asparagus?
(2) was it THAT spice rub? Big Grin
--Bob

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Bob, it was just regular asparagus. I used white truffle.

White asparagus is pretty much the same as green, but it doesn’t have the chlorophyll. So it’s white. And a little sweeter.

The rub is:
4 tbsp Jamaican Jerk
3 tbsp Garlic granules
3 tbsp Smoked sweet paprika
3 tbsp Onion granules
1.5 tsp steel cut black pepper
1.5 tsp coriander ground
1 tsp cumin ground
1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/4 cup white sugar.

There is no salt in this rub, as the meat had been brined in the following:
1 gallon water
1 cup coarse sea salt
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 tbsp black peppercorn
2 tbsp rainbow peppercorn
1 tsp clove whole
2 pieces of star anise (whole five pointed pieces)
6 oz cider vinegar

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4022 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Tried to replicate chili verde from Oscars. First attempt. Edible. But still needs some flavor.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Costco, for a limited time, sold some hamburger patties that were heavily mixed with bacon and cheese. They're about 1/2 pounders. Excellent with some coleslaw.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It snowed for 18 hours or so, yesterday. It was a good evening to have 10 Bean Soup with sausage, along with sourdough bread, fresh from the oven.

Posts: 13157 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
No pics (I forgot) but last night was Dr. Pepper braised short ribs. Tonight will be homemade Pasta e fagioli soup.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Found a baked bean recipe that looked good. Here it's getting ready to cook for 4 hours.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
An Andouille sausage and chicken thigh gumbo with plenty of okra and as dark a roux as I had the nerve to attemp.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Next time try using shrimp / crab meat / oysters with cajun seasonings. Cajun seasoning does not necessarly mean Hot Pepper that some non Cajun country folks believe. ............ drill sgt.

Posts: 1947 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I used sausage and chicken because that's what I had on hand. There was plenty of Cajun seasoning in there, I garuntee. Plenty of Tabasco on top, too. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wild caught sockeye on a bed bed of rice drizzled with garlic parm cream sauce, grilled asparagus on the side, and some asiago bread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Sukiyaki

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Meatloaf.

three pounds ground beef (homegrown steer)
one pound pork sausage (home grown piggy)
two packages Bear Creek "Cheddar Broccoli" soup mix
two packages shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Mix ingredients with kitchen-aid.

Form loaf in 17 inch cast iron skillet

Bake at 350 for one hour twenty minutes.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Shrimp alfredo, yum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Smoked sockeye salmon frittata and a sliced tomato salad with homemade blue cheese dressing.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Day_late,

Posts: 99 | Location: Bremerton, WA | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

See that icon to the right of the envelope icon? Click that and this opens up where you can put the URL of your picture so it will post.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Weird ass dinner -- no pix.

Homemade black beans and rice with Cajun seasoning accompanied by an Ahi tuna filet quick pan fried in butter and lemon. Washed down with an Oktoberfest beer. WTH right? LOL

USN (RET), COTEP #192