SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Lamb shanks and mashed cauliflower.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Unexciting dinner here, meat loaf, mashed potatoes, cranberries. I had planned to make a cherry cobbler but got hung up at a friend's house working on his '68 Cadillac with a wiring problem and got home later than I had first planned.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
In today’s edition of “How many cultures can we fit at the dinner table?”

Black beans and rice with leftover pork loin
Rabokki and some more standard sides.

I’ll work on the plating once the little ones stop taking more time than dinner prep does.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6238 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Cooked some chicken thighs, cooked the shit out of them, crispy skin and all, then put them on a baguette with some Chimmichuri.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeGLI,

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9670 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Reversed seared Filet Mignons (smoker, then seared on cast iron). Loaded baked potato and corn.

Posts: 1691 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

The fish cake looks quite good and the thoc bo ki looks absolutely fantastic.

They finally opened an H Mart about 120 miles away. Mrs. Cooker and I are pretty excited. The trip to the Korean markets in LA (7 hours each way) is a long drive to go shopping.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4022 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

The fish cake looks quite good and the thoc bo ki looks absolutely fantastic.

They finally opened an H Mart about 120 miles away. Mrs. Cooker and I are pretty excited. The trip to the Korean markets in LA (7 hours each way) is a long drive to go shopping.

If you ever need anything let me know. J-Mart is about 10 minute walk away. Gotta be non perishable but I can ship a lot flat rate.

Ddeokbokki was the first thing I learned to cook. My wife likes the “instant packs” for the ease but if I can ever convince her to learn her own recipe and toss a couple boiled eggs in she’ll never buy the packs again.

Posts: 6238 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
Reversed seared Filet Mignons (smoker, then seared on cast iron). Loaded baked potato and corn.

That made me hungry.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spiessbraten pork loin chops. There's recipes all over the web...

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

If you ever need anything let me know. J-Mart is about 10 minute walk away. Gotta be non perishable but I can ship a lot flat rate.

Ddeokbokki was the first thing I learned to cook. My wife likes the “instant packs” for the ease but if I can ever convince her to learn her own recipe and toss a couple boiled eggs in she’ll never buy the packs again.

Thank you. I let her know. If something comes up, I’ll hit you up.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4022 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Tonight was a little appetizer night taking care of the little ones.

Grilled chicken hearts and a few beers.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Not dinner but brunch. With snowflakes in the air this morning, a hearty meal was mandated. Big Grin

Mallet tenderized chuck breakfast steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions, bacon, green onion / tomato / cheese omelet. Toasted French bread, Kerrygold butter, blueberry preserves, and a mug of good coffee. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Gnocchi with fresh tomato and basil sauce.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12345 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
Eggplant Parmigiana

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
An Andouille sausage and chicken thigh gumbo with plenty of okra and as dark a roux as I had the nerve to attemp.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I brined a whole pheasant. I marinated it in Italian dressing. I put it on the rotisserie over indirect heat for one hour. I basted it with more dressing.

Pheasant can be dry, but this method makes it moist and it tastes wonderful.

Posts: 5609 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Oh, my gosh, Jim!

That looks fantastic!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Frank. As Arthur said:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/h81FA9Ouan0

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
An Andouille sausage and chicken thigh gumbo with plenty of okra and as dark a roux as I had the nerve to attemp.

That is some fine looking gumbo!

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post