SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be a baked country style pork rib with my favorite rub......okra, little red potatoes, and small garden onions that were seasoned with Cajun seasoning and balsamic vinegar. All baked and pita white bread. Rum cake for dessert.

Posts: 6706 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Garlic, thyme, black pepper and smoked sea salt seared lamb chops with mashed sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli.

Posts: 1765 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
3.5 pound chuck roast, seasoneed with ground salt, pepper and Montreal seasoning, seared in oiled hot skillet. Placed in crock pot. In the skillet, 1 large onion chopped 3 cups of sliced carrots 1/2 stick butter. 1 package each, Ranch dressing, Au Jus mix and beef stew mix. 1 can tomato sauce and 1/2 can water. 1 jar pepperocini and the juice, bring to simmer for 5 minutes. Dump the gravy in the crock pot, on high 8 hours. Serve over mashed potatoes.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7270 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Vichysoisse. Leftovers will be lunch also.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5994 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Pasta Melanzana
A delicious pasta dish with the last of the eggplant from the garden. Onions, garlic, egg plant, tomatoes, Parmesan and rotini. A very nice late summer dinner.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1357 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The biggest lobster I've ever seen in my life. Couldn't even eat half a tail.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21103 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
This was a couple nights ago, but I made a pretty killer French Dip, and had some jalepeno poppers on the side. It was quite tasty. I’ll give the French Dip a solid 8.2/10. The bread was just the right density, toasted nicely with lots of Kerrygold butter, au jus was just right, roast beef was pretty awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4314 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thin sliced ribeye steak and cheese.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21103 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Picked up an American Waygu Flat Iron steak at Costco. Sliced a couple pieces from it. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and wild stem oregano.

I also make Kraft Mac and cheese, but I add 2oz sour cream, and 2 oz goat cheese, and 2 oz Kerrygold butter to make it a little tastier.

Peppers are Corno Di Toro Italian sweet peppers grown out back in the garden area.

quote:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4314 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Flat irons are one of my favorite. I didn't realize Costco had them. Will be on the hunt for them on my next trip.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
My regular Costco in Prescott doesn’t carry the Flat Irons. The fancy Costco off Hayden Road in Scottsdale, carries a lot of American Waygu.
The American Waygu burger meat is quite nice, but you have to have the burgers very cold. At room temp the fat is too wet and the burgers fall apart.

quote:
The “lol” thread

posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a recipe for lasagna?

Posts: 1588 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
Does anyone have a recipe for lasagna?

I use the recipe on the back of a box of Skinner Oven Ready lasagna noodles. Any person I have ever made it for just raves over it and how excellent it was. I have read recipes on other brand boxes and they are not the same. The only thing I do different is add a can of 8oz tomato sauce to bottom of cooking dish before I put down first pasta layer, instead of the meat sauce as the instructions say. I use the meat sauce for between the layers and finally on top.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8737 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Reuben Casserole.

I think it's more of a colder weather dish, but I had a hankerin' for a Reuben and thought, "Why not?". Turned out pretty dang good and there's a bunch of leftovers in the freezer. Win win.

(If you make it, I'd leave out the called for salt. It's plenty salty as is, and I'm a saltoholic.)

Posts: 20540 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
6 pounds of colossal King Crab legs, steamed asparagus, sweet corn on the cob and Parmesan new potatoes.

Combined Bday dinners as I turned 65 in June and the bride hit 62 today.

Posts: 4093 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to you are your lovely bride! A feast meant for a king and worthy of a double birthday.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
Shrimp & Andouille gumbo

Posts: 256 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Made a Waygu burger for lunch, yesterday. It was pretty awesome.

quote:
The “lol” thread

posted Hide Post
My mother in law has been here three weeks since “The Warden “ broke her left ankle and right foot. She bakes all her own bread, rolls, cinnamon rolls from scratch. Cooks breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. Tonight she cooked chicken and sausage stir fry for something different. She’s also trimmed all the scrubs and cleaned the house top to bottom. She’s going home Saturday. I’m sure going to miss her. I’ve gained four pounds in these three weeks. Now I’m going to starve.

Posts: 61 | Registered: April 28, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could by per chance, your mother-in-law come and stay at MY house for 3 WEEKS????

Posts: 6706 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post