SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
None of this has reached the UK. From what I've read in a few articles about the US branch of Sally's Army they seem to be unreconstructed evangelicals compared to the UK version, who all seem to versions of your Grandma with navy blue bloomers playing the trombone at Christmas...

Although we are not Christian, Mrs tac and I feel that the work done by the UK SA merits a donation every Christmas.

That will continue until we see evidence to the contrary.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yay! The latest to join the "woke" crowd. Roll Eyes

https://centralnovanews.com/st...ogy-for-their-racism

"disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure."

The number of single-mother households living off the gov't teat, procreating like rabbits, is astounding.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm 69 and since I was a little kid my daddy a WWII Vet would tell me to give to The Salvation Army and not the Red Cross.

So for my whole life I've given to The Salvation Army. I can remember seeing the ladies dressed in the uniforms they used to wear and tambourines coming into a restaurant we went to. Daddy would give them money and tell me to always support them.

So I've been giving since I was a little kid. When I would go in a store at Christmas and saw the buckets I would make sure I had cash to put in the bucket when I came out.

That ended when I read these thread.
But today it stops.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
No more donations from me.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
This is quite sad. I have been giving most of my 75 years. They were the only charity I gave to without fail. No more.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1484 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Damn shame. One of the few I trusted to give money.

No More.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Newsweek did a pretty sold job of presenting the story with limited opinions and instead, "just the facts"...

Salvation Army's Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial 'Wokeness' Initiative

As The Salvation Army launches its Red Kettle Campaign this holiday season, some of its long-time donors are withdrawing their support from the 156-year old charitable organization citing its newly embraced "woke" ideology as the reason.

Of great concern to loyal supporters and faithful Salvationists is the initiative dubbed "Let's Talk About Racism." In a nutshell, its curriculum outlines the Christian church's alleged racial collusion and provides action steps to analyze and combat racism through an "anti-racist" lens while incorporating Critical Race Theory.

Definitions of institutional and systemic racism are included while real or perceived differences in life outcomes ("inequities") are attributable not to individual effort and other circumstances, but to discrimination. Sections address topics including police brutality, health care and Black unemployment linking such topics to "racial inequity."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
The Salvation Army has done an awful lot of good for an awful lot of people over the years. It's a damn shame that the desk jockeys in the SA consider woke policies more important than donations for those in need. They knew that donations would suffer, but they went ahead & did it anyway.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Bye!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St Jude's Hospital, local animal shelter, and Villalobos Rescue Center are the only organizations to which I'll donate.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I have been giving money for nearly 50 years. Not one dime more from here on out. They have no clue what racism is. None.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
What a stupid policy to adopt, nothing from me anymore.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Newsweek did a pretty sold job of presenting the story with limited opinions and instead, "just the facts"...

Wow. Two surprises in one thread.

quote:
As The Salvation Army launches its Red Kettle Campaign this holiday season, some of its long-time donors are withdrawing their support from the 156-year old charitable organization citing its newly embraced "woke" ideology as the reason.

One hopes this reaction will result in whomever came up with this harebrained idea being jettisoned from the organization and it returning to its original mission so we can all go back to supporting it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L90814:
St Jude's Hospital, local animal shelter, and Villalobos Rescue Center are the only organizations to which I'll donate.

Salvation Army won't miss my donations, because I rarely went anywhere where their bell ringers were, but when I did, they'd always get a few bucks.

We donate all year round to the local food banks, and to almost all the local charities. It's always been my belief that charitable donations were alot like paying taxes- The bigger the charity & the further up the chain the money goes, the less accountablility. I like to be able to see that my money's doing something.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What the fuck?

If you run into an asshole racist in the morning, you ran into an asshole racist. If you run into assholes racists all day, you're the asshole racist.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

One hopes this reaction will result in whomever came up with this harebrained idea being jettisoned from the organization and it returning to its original mission so we can all go back to supporting it.

Or, maybe they'll pull an Evan Hafer and say, "Screw whitey. We don't need money from you racists." Lol.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Crossing them off my list.

You lie with dogs, you get fleas.

No offense to dogs btw. Dogs are infinitely preferable to these CRT pricks.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
We have a local food bank for Manheim and the Water Street Rescue Mission in Lancaster. Both of those organizations will now get the funds previously earmarked for the red kettle.

I will not be lectured by commie twats who have their hand out. They can take their blasphemous commie literature and shove it up their pinko asses.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
They can suck feces through flavored straws while simultaneously pounding sand up each other’s arses from now on.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Great idea.
Piss off the demographic that actually donates.
Well, I hope they get all the apologies...... And no money.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post