SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago:

http://www.washingtontimes.com...d-in-chicago-an-abs/

Why? Are they anti Emancipation Proclamation?

Roll Eyes

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20829 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed, Obozo= Magna cum Narcisstium!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Vandalizing and Destroying historical statues and monuments is serious fucking bullshit, of several varieties. That shit needs to stop. *That* is not acceptable "speech". We're not at war, and they aren't monuments of some tin-pot dick-tater like Saddam's likeness was.

I think city councils and other government bodies doing it is also bullshit, generally, then again - I vehemently oppose things like the Ten Commandments on govt property, and definitely support the *legal* removal of such things. Dissent is fine, removal can be fine - at least when done properly/legally. Vandalism and destruction, unofficial, is not. At all.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

I vehemently oppose things like the Ten Commandments on govt property, and definitely support the *legal* removal of such things.

I strongly support having the Ten Commandments on government property.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last home of Jefferson Davis in Biloxi, MS., formally announced that they would take any Confederate monuments that were not wanted.

It seems as if the National media has somewhat of a bias when it comes to publishing different viewpoints. LInk below:

http://www.wlox.com/story/3616...-confederate-statues

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I think the destruction of historical heritage by either official or unofficial is abhorrent. This is the way conquerors treat a defeated people to subjugate them.

The United Nations (which Leftists worship as gods on Earth) even has policies that cultural destruction is cultural genocide.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Very appropriate for Baltimore. This is who and what they worship.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...campaign=benshapiro#

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/...e-montreal-1.4248206

And a Canadian connection. I never knew Jefferson Davis lived in Canada. And of course now that the plaque is gone it is likely no other Canadians will find out. How this plaque was anything but a historic curiosity to anyone is crazy.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1495 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Is the statue holding an EBT card? All hail free shit.

Posts: 3152 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't just reading and not voicing an opinion because I have been focusing on packing the house and starting to begin the process to relocate to NC.

Then the worthless mayor of Richmond showed his true stripes and decided to change his mind and wants the statues removed. Once again focusing on anything except the rising murder rate, crime, drugs, and the horrendous conditions of the Richmond City Schools.

I will say one thing, the City Council and that carpet bagger governor are the biggest hypocrites that could walk this earth. Out of one side of their mouth they talk about how bad the Civil War was and all the monuments need to come down, but on the other side they talk about how much money/revenue the tourism brings.

I am not a fan of the NAACP but Esther M. Lee, who is the president of the Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, chapter of the NAACP, told a local news station stated that the violence around the issue was simply not worth it.

“You know that’s history. That was in that point in time,” Lee said “You can’t eliminate what history is. So I disapprove with young people pulling down those statues.”

“A young woman died. Two officers were murdered in a plane crash and all for what?” Lee asked. “Because somebody in their mind decided, ‘We don’t need to look at that anymore.'”

I was flipping through internet trying to find information on the Barcelona attack when an interesting article came up from the Orlando Sentinel. The article was called "Why just Confederates? Many through history committed atrocities."

As many know (or don't know) I am a history fanatic/buff and got a second BA in the subject. There were many points in the article that was excellent and many I did not know. The so called Union Commanders committed as many or more during and after the Civil war than the south ever did especially towards the Native Americans.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...-20170816-story.html

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Charlotte was a Democrat operation, start to finish. Probably Soros funded. The organizer of the "alt-right" march was a veteran Obama activist. It was orchestrated-- with a police stand down-- to unfold just the way it did. The MSM were like baying hounds waiting to run with the story.

Any white man on the right who goes to Richmond in a few weeks is an idiot. This is completely THEIR game.

Stay away from any rally except presidential ones. Everything else is an ambush.

http://www.americanthinker.com...charlottesville.html

There was a film crew prepared in advance to create this 22 minute HD video of the very bad company which showed up in Charlottesville. I found it informative to watch the video even though violence from the radical left "counter-protestors" was not recorded or else was edited out. It's a nice piece of propaganda which simplifies understanding why President was so quickly condemned for telling the truth.

And yes, the KKK / Nazis were armed. If you don't have time to watch the video, "200 armed people" is mentioned at around 9 minutes, and at 19 minutes, you can see what one of them was armed with.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIrcB1sAN8I

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
And yes, the KKK / Nazis were armed. If you don't have time to watch the video, "200 armed people" is mentioned at around 9 minutes, and at 19 minutes, you can see what one of them was armed with.

I watched the video but didn't see the what the KKK/Nazis were armed with. What did I miss?

Posts: 4983 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I caught this show/special on HBO when I was flipping through channels in my hotel in Greenville Monday night.

I cannot believe any one who watched it can honestly say it was only the right that caused problems. (I know that is not their agenda)

It was a**clowns on both sides and the left is/was just as guilty.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A pregnant black woman is their symbol of hope?! Interesting.

Statistically speaking, the odds against that baby making it out of the womb alive is much less than as compared to other minority ethnic groups and the Caucasian population in general.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
I watched the video but didn't see the what the KKK/Nazis were armed with. What did I miss?

At 19:04 in video in the hotel, he has an AR-15 style rifle, a Keltec .380, a Glock 19, and a Ruger LC9. And then a reference is made to "another AK" in bag, but the visible rifle sure looks like a an AR to me.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I wasn't just reading and not voicing an opinion because I have been focusing on packing the house and starting to begin the process to relocate to NC.

Then the worthless mayor of Richmond showed his true stripes and decided to change his mind and wants the statues removed. Once again focusing on anything except the rising murder rate, crime, drugs, and the horrendous conditions of the Richmond City Schools.

I will say one thing, the City Council and that carpet bagger governor are the biggest hypocrites that could walk this earth. Out of one side of their mouth they talk about how bad the Civil War was and all the monuments need to come down, but on the other side they talk about how much money/revenue the tourism brings.

I am not a fan of the NAACP but Esther M. Lee, who is the president of the Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, chapter of the NAACP, told a local news station stated that the violence around the issue was simply not worth it.

“You know that’s history. That was in that point in time,” Lee said “You can’t eliminate what history is. So I disapprove with young people pulling down those statues.”

“A young woman died. Two officers were murdered in a plane crash and all for what?” Lee asked. “Because somebody in their mind decided, ‘We don’t need to look at that anymore.'”

I was flipping through internet trying to find information on the Barcelona attack when an interesting article came up from the Orlando Sentinel. The article was called "Why just Confederates? Many through history committed atrocities."

As many know (or don't know) I am a history fanatic/buff and got a second BA in the subject. There were many points in the article that was excellent and many I did not know. The so called Union Commanders committed as many or more during and after the Civil war than the south ever did especially towards the Native Americans.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...-20170816-story.html

The officers weren't murdered, but their deaths could have possibly been averted if they had not been there. But the crash could have happened at a later time.

One thing you mentioned I have always noticed and despised. They hate the Confederates, but love the revenue of all the historic locations.

Okay, take the statues down.

Bulldoze Gettysburg and plant trees.

Et tu Brutus!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
I found it informative to watch the video even though violence from the radical left "counter-protestors" was not recorded or else was edited out.

It was produced strictly as propaganda. The editor of Vice has called for Mount Rushmore to be dynamited and stated that Trump was only elected due to racism. No way they would show how the left instigated the riot.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
What's really scary about all this is one group of left wing fascist fuckknuckles (cosplay Nazi's) went at it with another group of left wing fascist fuckknuckles (ironically calling themselves anti-fascist), over a statue put up by left wing Democrats and God knows how many of this nation's illiterate, ignoranant, retarded Facebook meme educated electorate honestly believe this is somehow Trump's, the Republicans and the NRA's fault.

And this is what this nation may go to war with itself-again-over?

Pathetic.

This shit is why aliens wont talk to us and we cant have nice things.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Can we start a petition to rename everything named for Robert Byrd? He was a member of the KKK, voted against the Civil Rights Act, and against the nominations of Thurgood Marshal and Clarence Thomas.

Places with his name on them:

Academia, science, and technology Edit

The Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope in Green Bank, West Virginia.
Robert C. Byrd Academic and Technology Center, Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Academic and Technology Center, Marshall University Graduate College in South Charleston, West Virginia[9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Auditorium, National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, West Virginia[9][10][11]
Robert C. Byrd Biotechnology Science Center, Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia[6][9][10][12][13]
Robert C. Byrd Cancer Research Laboratory, West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Center for Legislative Studies, Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia[9][10][14]
Robert C. Byrd Center for Pharmacy Education, University of Charleston in Charleston, West Virginia[9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Center for Rural Health, Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia[6][9]
Robert C. Byrd Clinical Teaching Center, Charleston Area Medical Center Memorial Hospital in Charleston, West Virginia[9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope, Green Bank, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Hardwood Technologies Center, Princeton, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Health and Wellness Center, Bethany College in Bethany, West Virginia[9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center Charleston Division, Charleston, West Virginia[9]
Robert C. Byrd High School, Clarksburg, West Virginia[6][9][15]
Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing (RCBI) Bridgeport Manufacturing Technology Center, Bridgeport, West Virginia[9][10][16]
RCBI Charleston Manufacturing Technology Center, South Charleston, West Virginia[6][9][10][16]
RCBI Huntington Manufacturing Technology Center, Huntington, West Virginia[9][10][16]
RCBI Rocket Center Manufacturing Technology Center, Rocket Center, West Virginia[9][10][16][17]
Robert C. Byrd Institute for Composites Technology and Training Center, Bridgeport, West Virginia[9]
Robert C. Byrd Library, Wheeling, West Virginia[9]
Robert C. Byrd Library and Robert C. Byrd Learning Resource Center, University of Charleston in Beckley[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Life Long Learning Center, Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College in Moorefield, West Virginia[9]
Robert C. Byrd Life Long Learning Center, West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia[10]
Robert C. Byrd Metals Fabrication Center, Rocket Center, West Virginia[9][10][17]
Robert C. Byrd National Aerospace Education Center, Bridgeport, West Virginia (affiliated with Fairmont State University)[9][10]
Robert C. Byrd National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, West Virginia[6][9][18]
Robert C. Byrd Regional Training Institute, Camp Dawson near Kingwood, West Virginia[9]
Robert C. Byrd Science and Technology Center, Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Technology Center, Alderson–Broaddus College in Philippi, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd United Technical Center[6][10]
Commerce Edit

Robert C. Byrd Hilltop Office Complex, Rocket Center, West Virginia[6][9][10][17]
Robert C. Byrd Industrial Park, Moorefield, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Community Edit

Robert C. Byrd Community Center, Pine Grove, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Community Center, Sugar Grove, West Virginia[6][10]
Government Edit

Robert C. Byrd Rooms, Office of the West Virginia Senate Minority Leader, West Virginia State Capitol in Charleston, West Virginia[9]
Robert C. Byrd United States Courthouse and Federal Building, Beckley, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd United States Courthouse and Federal Building, Charleston, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Federal Correctional Institution, Hazelton, West Virginia[6][10]
Healthcare Edit

Robert C. Byrd Clinic, West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Clinical Addition to Veteran's Hospital, Huntington, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Recreation and tourism Edit

Robert C. Byrd Addition to the Lodge at Oglebay Park, Wheeling, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Conference Center (also known as the Robert C. Byrd Center for Hospitality and Tourism), Davis & Elkins College in Elkins, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Visitor Center, Harpers Ferry National Historical Park in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Transportation Edit

The Robert C. Byrd Bridge crossing the Ohio River between Huntington, West Virginia and Chesapeake, Ohio.
Robert C. Byrd Appalachian Highway System, Appalachian Development Highway System in West Virginia[9][10][19]
Robert C. Byrd Bridge, crosses the Ohio River between Huntington, West Virginia and Chesapeake, Ohio[6][9][10][19]
Robert C. Byrd Bridge, Ohio County, West Virginia[19]
Robert C. Byrd Drive, West Virginia Routes 16 and 97 between Beckley and Sophia, West Virginia[6][10]
Robert C. Byrd Expressway, United States Route 22 near Weirton, West Virginia[6][9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Freeway, United States Route 119 between Williamson and Charleston, West Virginia (also known as Corridor G)[6][9]
Robert C. Byrd Highway, United States Route 48 between Weston, West Virginia and the Virginia state line near Wardensville, West Virginia (also known as Corridor H)[6][19]
Robert C. Byrd Interchange on Interstate 77[9]
Robert C. Byrd Interchange on United States Route 19, Birch River, West Virginia[9][19]
Robert C. Byrd Intermodal Transportation Center, Wheeling, West Virginia[9][10]
Robert C. Byrd Locks and Dam, Ohio River in Gallipolis Ferry, West Virginia[6][9][10]

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
They charged 8 assholes for taking down the statue in N.C.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post