SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like what Charles Barkley stated"

I’m 54 years old,” Barkley said. “I’ve never thought about those statues a day in my life. I think if you ask most black people, to be honest, they ain’t thought a day in their life about those stupid statues.

I did see and read where there is a petition being started (already has 20,000 signatures)in Portsmouth, VA to replace the Confederate Statue with a statue of Missy Elliot.

Of all the things that the City government could/should spend money on, removing a statue and replacing it with another is soooooooo low on the pole. I wanted to work for the City of Portsmouth Police Dept for years due to the action, crime,etc..
Then after a while it was even to screwed up for me.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Apparently, "they" have vandalized a monument to Columbus in Baltimore.

Saving the Republic - Radical Leftist Destroys Oldest Monument to Columbus in Protest of White Supremacy (Video)

Baltimore Sun - Christopher Columbus monument vandalized in Baltimore

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Storm,

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they want to find, prosecute, and hang that individual from a tree on the capitol lawn, I'm good with it. Its time for this filth to go...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Fun is over, it is clear the radical left has declared war on white people as the bringers of everything evil in society.

You are now a hate group and need to be hunted down, tried, and convicted.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is absolutely horrible. I don't care what this guy believes, he he wants to blame CC for rape and slavery, fine, start a blog. Don't go destroying other people's property, that's not protest, it's a crime. If you want to trash a 200+ year obelisk to speak against modern day income disparity, fine, go buy one of your own a smash it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Aug 22 2017, 2:07 am ET
Charlottesville City Council Meeting Erupts Over White Nationalist Rally

by Tim Stelloh

A city council meeting in Charlottesville, Virginia, erupted in fury on Monday night over the authorities’ handling of a white nationalist rally that left a woman dead and 19 people injured.

The agenda for the meeting — the first since the Aug. 12 rally — did not mention the rally or its aftermath. But angry residents and protesters took over the meeting, hurling expletives at the officials and dressing them down.
[Chaos at Charlottesville Meeting as Angry Residents Demand Mayor's Ouster]
Chaos at Charlottesville Meeting as Angry Residents Demand Mayor's Ouster 1:16

At one point, the mayor, vice mayor and three council members fled and two people holding a sign that said “blood on your hands” jumped on the chamber’s dais, NBC affiliate WVIR reported.

Police officers flooded the room, the station reported, and three people were detained and removed from the chambers.

Related: Charlottesville Mayor Changes Position, Agrees With Confederate Statue Removal

Vice-mayor Wes Bellamy said they would later be released, according to WVIR.

The council re-convened and listened for more than three hours of tongue-lashing from people who said the authorities did nothing to protect them from white nationalists.
Image: Charlottesville City Council Chaos
Demonstrators hold a sign that reads "Blood On Your Hands" as a protest erupts inside Charlottesville city council chambers Monday in Charlottesville, Virginia. NBC29

The council ultimately voted unanimously in favor of expediting the removal and relocation of both the Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson monuments in the city, Charlottesville City Clerk Paige Rice said. The council also voted unanimously to drape the statues "in recognition of the city's mourning," Rice said.

In a live feed broadcast by The Daily Progress, a local newspaper, people said that rally attendees attacked them, spit on them and called them racial epithets.

And the police, one unidentified woman said, “did nothing.”

“You all let this city down,” she said. “It’s absolutely disgraceful.”

As many of them spoke, the council members listened quietly.
[Charlottesville Police Chief Expresses Regret After 'Tragic Weekend']
Charlottesville Police Chief Expresses Regret After 'Tragic Weekend' 0:43

Charlottesville Police Chief Al Thomas, who was not at the meeting, has previously said that he has “regrets” over how local law enforcement handled the rally and counter-protests. But Thomas has also blamed rally attendees for not following plans that had been agreed upon before the rally, and he said that violent confrontations were the result of "mutually engaged attacks" fueled by "mutually combative individuals."

Asked how 20-year-old James Alex Fields allegedly drove down what was supposed to have been a blocked-off street, killing 32-year-old counter-protester Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others, Thomas said: “I’m not sure.”

Fields, who has been charged with second-degree murder and other crimes, has been ordered held without bond pending an Aug. 25 hearing.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us...nalist-rally-n794751

These fucking assholes are with the communists. They refuse to hold any of them accountable for their actions. May I suggest to them, if they don't get a handle on this now, their kind will ultimately be the cause of their demise.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
Aug 22 2017, 2:07 am ET
Charlottesville City Council Meeting Erupts Over White Nationalist Rally

by Tim Stelloh

A city council meeting in Charlottesville, Virginia, erupted in fury on Monday night over the authorities’ handling of a white nationalist rally that left a woman dead and 19 people injured.

The agenda for the meeting — the first since the Aug. 12 rally — did not mention the rally or its aftermath. But angry residents and protesters took over the meeting, hurling expletives at the officials and dressing them down.
[Chaos at Charlottesville Meeting as Angry Residents Demand Mayor's Ouster]
Chaos at Charlottesville Meeting as Angry Residents Demand Mayor's Ouster 1:16

At one point, the mayor, vice mayor and three council members fled and two people holding a sign that said “blood on your hands” jumped on the chamber’s dais, NBC affiliate WVIR reported.

Police officers flooded the room, the station reported, and three people were detained and removed from the chambers.

Related: Charlottesville Mayor Changes Position, Agrees With Confederate Statue Removal

Vice-mayor Wes Bellamy said they would later be released, according to WVIR.

The council re-convened and listened for more than three hours of tongue-lashing from people who said the authorities did nothing to protect them from white nationalists.
Image: Charlottesville City Council Chaos
Demonstrators hold a sign that reads "Blood On Your Hands" as a protest erupts inside Charlottesville city council chambers Monday in Charlottesville, Virginia. NBC29

The council ultimately voted unanimously in favor of expediting the removal and relocation of both the Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson monuments in the city, Charlottesville City Clerk Paige Rice said. The council also voted unanimously to drape the statues "in recognition of the city's mourning," Rice said.
-----------------------------------------[x]----------------------------------------------------

These fucking assholes are with the communists. They refuse to hold any of them accountable for their actions. May I suggest to them, if they don't get a handle on this now, their kind will ultimately be the cause of their demise.

I was in Charlottesville yesterday afternoon. Get away from the University cesspool, and there are some nice people. I discovered the Saunders-Monticello Trail , did not know it existed, even after many years of going to Charlottesville.

The Antifa (and universities) are the real Nazi.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Dinesh D'Souza has a new book, "The Big Lie" that describes all these tactics and strategies to a "t."

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I will read D'Souza's book. I think he understands Alinsky and his shaping of the Democrat Party into what it is now better than anyone.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I just downloaded it to my Kindle and will tear into it this afternoon. (Gotta take it easy after all of that eclipse viewing, chip munching, and wine drinking yesterday.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Interesting video on riot control.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Very good video.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Indeed, it is a very good video. The folks who really need to see it never will. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Here are a few tidbits to consider from the Virginia statutes:

15.2-1812.1. Action for damage to memorials for war veterans.

A. If any monument, marker or memorial for war veterans as designated in §§ 15.2-1812 and 18.2-137 is violated or encroached upon, an action for the recovery of damages may be commenced by the following:

1. For a publicly owned monument, marker or memorial, by the attorney for the locality in which it is located; or, if no such action has commenced within sixty days following any such violation or encroachment, by any person having an interest in the matter; and

2. For a privately owned monument, marker or memorial, by the private organization, society or museum that owns it or any member of such organization, society or museum.

Damages may be awarded in such amounts as necessary for the purposes of rebuilding, repairing, preserving and restoring such memorials or monuments to preencroachment condition. Damages other than those litigation costs recovered from any such action shall be used exclusively for said purposes.

B. Punitive damages may be recovered for reckless, willful or wanton conduct resulting in the defacement of, malicious destruction of, unlawful removal of, or placement of improper markings, monuments or statues on memorials for war veterans.

C. The party who initiates and prevails in an action authorized by this section shall be entitled to an award of the cost of the litigation, including reasonable attorney's fees. The provisions of this section shall not be construed to limit the rights of any person, organization, society, or museum to pursue any additional civil remedy otherwise allowed by law.

15.2-1812. Memorials for war veterans.

A locality may, within the geographical limits of the locality, authorize and permit the erection of monuments or memorials for any war or conflict, or for any engagement of such war or conflict, to include the following monuments or memorials: Algonquin (1622), French and Indian (1754-1763), Revolutionary (1775-1783), War of 1812 (1812-1815), Mexican (1846-1848), Confederate or Union monuments or memorials of the War Between the States (1861-1865), Spanish-American (1898), World War I (1917-1918), World War II (1941-1945), Korean (1950-1953), Vietnam (1965-1973), Operation Desert Shield-Desert Storm (1990-1991), Global War on Terrorism (2000- ), Operation Enduring Freedom (2001- ), and Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003- ). If such are erected, it shall be unlawful for the authorities of the locality, or any other person or persons, to disturb or interfere with any monuments or memorials so erected, or to prevent its citizens from taking proper measures and exercising proper means for the protection, preservation and care of same. For purposes of this section, "disturb or interfere with" includes removal of, damaging or defacing monuments or memorials, or, in the case of the War Between the States, the placement of Union markings or monuments on previously designated Confederate memorials or the placement of Confederate markings or monuments on previously designated Union memorials.

The governing body may appropriate a sufficient sum of money out of its funds to complete or aid in the erection of monuments or memorials to the veterans of such wars. The governing body may also make a special levy to raise the money necessary for the erection or completion of any such monuments or memorials, or to supplement the funds already raised or that may be raised by private persons, Veterans of Foreign Wars, the American Legion or other organizations. It may also appropriate, out of any funds of such locality, a sufficient sum of money to permanently care for, protect and preserve such monuments or memorials and may expend the same thereafter as other funds are expended.

18.2-137. Injuring, etc., any property, monument, etc.

A. If any person unlawfully destroys, defaces, damages or removes without the intent to steal any property, real or personal, not his own, or breaks down, destroys, defaces, damages or removes without the intent to steal, any monument or memorial for war veterans described in § 15.2-1812, any monument erected for the purpose of marking the site of any engagement fought during the War between the States, or for the purpose of designating the boundaries of any city, town, tract of land, or any tree marked for that purpose, he shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor; provided that the court may, in its discretion, dismiss the charge if the locality or organization responsible for maintaining the injured property, monument, or memorial files a written affidavit with the court stating it has received full payment for the injury.

B. If any person intentionally causes such injury, he shall be guilty of (i) a Class 1 misdemeanor if the value of or damage to the property, memorial or monument is less than $1,000 or (ii) a Class 6 felony if the value of or damage to the property, memorial or monument is $1,000 or more. The amount of loss caused by the destruction, defacing, damage or removal of such property, memorial or monument may be established by proof of the fair market cost of repair or fair market replacement value. Upon conviction, the court may order that the defendant pay restitution.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...ive-immediately.html

Charlottesville Police Chief Alfred Thomas announced Monday that he is retiring, which the city said is “effective immediately,” following criticism surrounding the department’s handling of a deadly white supremacist rally in the Virginia town this past summer.

An investigation by former U.S. Attorney Timothy J. Heaphy, who was hired by the city of Charlottesville to review the city’s response to the rally, found that “planning and coordination breakdowns” by authorities led to “disastrous results.”

According to the report released earlier this month, Thomas — as brawling first broke out at the rally — said: “ Let them fight, it will make it easier to declare an unlawful assembly.”

Thomas said he didn’t recall making that statement, which was cited in accounts by two other police employees, though he confirmed he waited to “see how things played out” before declaring an unlawful assembly, the report stated.

The report also said Thomas initially tried to limit access to certain information by directing subordinates not to answer certain questions. And it said Thomas and other Charlottesville police command staff deleted text messages relevant to the investigation — which Thomas disputed through an attorney.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post