SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The "White Nationalist" organizer in Charlottesville was an "Occupy Wall Street" member and supporter of Obama. I guess he's still on Soros' payroll.

The truth shall set you free...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...a-supporter-n2369506

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I met Mitt Romney, the more he says, the less I like him. They are not morally different universes, they are combatants in the same universe of hate, just on opposite sides of the sidewalk.

Glad I never voted for that uniparty cheese dick.

I guess that makes you an Obama supporter...
I agree with Scoutmaster, but in 2012 Mitt Romney was the exit ramp off the Obama express.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
quote:
I met Mitt Romney, the more he says, the less I like him. They are not morally different universes, they are combatants in the same universe of hate, just on opposite sides of the sidewalk.

I agree with Scoutmaster, but in 2012 Mitt Romney was the exit ramp off the Obama express.

Yup, I voted for Romney in '12, he was the only choice I had.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have to confess; in 2012, I was impressed with both Romney and Ryan. Wow, was I wrong.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I voted straight party Republican in that election except where president was concerned then it was Libertarian. If you interpret that as being an Obama supporter then have at it.

Mittens one sided condemnation of the Nazi's in VA tells me that he is a rino, uniparty sham.

He and Pual Ryan would happily turn this county in Mejico Norte as long as they get to keep living in their gated communities. Just like the members of the leftist elite.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

I have to confess; in 2012, I was impressed with both Romney and Ryan. Wow, was I wrong.
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to RINO's Anonymous. My name is DrDan, and I voted for Romney and McCain, and I am ashamed. Big Grin

Truthfully, the choice was the devil, the wimp, or a sanctimonious throw-away vote.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4880 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McAuliffe caught in another lie.Reminds me of Clinton running from snipers in Bosnia.

https://reason.com/blog/2017/0...e-say-they-didnt-fin

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said police found weapons stashed by white nationalists. Police say they didn't.

Contradicting statements by Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, the Virginia State Police say they did not find caches of weapons stashed around Charlottesville in advance of last Saturday's deadly white nationalist rally.

In an interview Monday on the Pod Save the People podcast, hosted by Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson, McAuliffe claimed the white nationalists who streamed into Charlottesville that weekend hid weapons throughout the town.

"They had battering rams and we had picked up different weapons that they had stashed around the city," McAuliffe told Mckesson.

McAuliffe's comments were picked up by other news outlets and spread through social media. But Corinne Geller, a spokesperson for the Virginia State Police, says that no such stashes were found.

"The governor was referring to the briefing provided him in advance of Saturday's rally and the extra security measures being taken by local and state police," Geller tells Reason. "As a safety precaution in advance of August 12, such searches were conducted in and around Emancipation and McIntire Parks. No weapons were located as a result of those searches."

The Virginia State Police also disputed McAuliffe's claims that Virginia State Police were underequipped to deal with the heavily armed militia members at Saturday's rally.

"The governor was referencing the weapons and tactical gear the members of various groups attending the rally had on their persons," Geller says. "I can assure you that the Virginia State Police personnel were equipped with more-than-adequate specialized tactical and protective gear for the purpose of fulfilling their duties to serve and protect those in attendance of the August 12 event in Charlottesville."

McAuliffe claimed in an interview with The New York Times that law enforcement arrived to find a line of militia members who "had better equipment than our State Police had." In longer comments that were later edited out of the Times' story, McAuliffe said that up to 80 percent of the rally attendees were carrying semi-automatic weapons. "You saw the militia walking down the street, you would have thought they were an army," he said.

Virginia police have come under criticism for failing to quell violence at the rally, which left one counter protester dead and more than 30 injured.

https://reason.com/blog/2017/0...lice-werent-outgunne

Virginia police have come under criticism for not quelling violence at Saturday's deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, but Gov. Terry McAuliffe said in an interview with The New York Times that militia members at the rally were better equipped than state police.

The Virginia Democrat told the Times that law enforcement arrived to find a line of militia members who "had better equipment than our State Police had." In longer comments that were later edited out of the Times' story, McAuliffe said that up to 80 percent of the rally attendees were carrying semi-automatic weapons. "You saw the militia walking down the street, you would have thought they were an army," he said.

McAuliffe claimed today on Pod Save the People, a podcast by Black Lives Matter activist Deray Mckesson, that the militiamen "had better armor than my state police and national guard had."

McAuliffe's statements were credulously repeated by many, including Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), who warned in a tweet that armed militias were "rivaling state power."

McAuliffe, a former Democratic National Committee chairman with no previous executive experience, speaks as though state and local police have have not received large amount of military equipment. The notion that police are outgunned by heavily armed private citizens is a common trope among gun-control advocates, but it bears little resemblance to reality.

Like every other state in the U.S., Virginia has received millions of dollars' worth of surplus military equipment over the years through the Pentagon's 1033 program, which distributes military gear to state and local police. While much of that equipment consists of things like thermal gloves and filing cabinets, it has also included M-16s, body armor, grenade launchers, bayonets, and armored personnel vehicles.

The Virginia Pilot reported in 2014:

Across Virginia, the program has sent 1,760 assault rifles and 116 12-gauge shotguns to local and state agencies, according to Department of Defense records. In addition to Virginia Beach's mine-resistant vehicle, known as an MRAP, 15 other cities and counties, including York County and Franklin, took delivery of the armored vehicles, according to the records.

Here's a photo of an armored vehicle—a Lenco BearCat, a model widely used by police departments around the country—that Reason's Ron Bailey snapped on the streets of Charlottesville on Saturday:

The police department of the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, where Saturday's rally occurred, obtained 12 M-16 rifles through the 1033 program. Virginia news outlet NBC12 reported that between 2007 and 2011 Albemarle County, where Charlottesville is located, "stockpiled 154 guns, mainly 5.56-millimeter rifles. That was the most weapons taken through the program in the entire state by a single police agency."

The 1033 program came under scrutiny in the aftermath of the 2014 protests in Ferguson, Missouri, where news wire photos showed police in heavy tactical gear forcefully dispersing crowds. Under changes instituted by the Obama administration, the program no longer provides body armor and has recalled equipment like tracked personnel carriers (which does not include MRAPs) and grenade launchers. Last year, demonstrators against the Keystone XL oil pipeline in North Dakota were faced with similar formations of militarized police, as well as the national guard, which deployed two surface-to-air missile launchers to the scene.

Whether Virginia police should have responded to the Charlottesville rally with a similar overwhelming show of force is a separate question. And none of this is meant to discount the incredibly fraught situation police were forced to handle or the risks they faced in doing so. But it is simply not factual to suggest that state firepower is at risk of being overwhelmed by right-wing militias.

McAuliffe's estimate that 80 percent of rally attendees were open-carrying guns—which is legal in Virginia—also appears overblown to judge from photos of the event. Luckily, not a shot was fired by police, by the militias, or by any armed counterprotesters.

The Virginia State Police did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

This article has been updated to reflect that the 1033 program no longer provides equipment such as body armor, bayonets, and tracked armored personnel vehicles.

Posts: 12746 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now the Democratic candidate for Virginia governor has come out for removing all Confederate statues. He and his minions must have been up all night analyzing polls before coming out with that one. I sure hope they have miscalculated . If not, we are in much more trouble than I thought .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:...in 2012 Mitt Romney was the exit ramp off the Obama express.

I understand, and voted for him in 2012 as well, for the same reason. (My preference for POTUS in the 2016 election was Rip Van Winkle Smile )

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Thousands gather in Charlottesville for a candlelight vigil.

What in the hell is it with liberals and candlelight vigils? Do they know something the rational among us don't? Will group singing "Give Peace a Chance" actually change the world into a peaceful Utopia?

My God these people are dumb.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
The "White Nationalist" organizer in Charlottesville was an "Occupy Wall Street" member and supporter of Obama. I guess he's still on Soros' payroll.

The truth shall set you free...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...a-supporter-n2369506

While this is intriguing, I would like to see more than the SPLC noting rumors. I hope more digging is done.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
What in the hell is it with liberals and candlelight vigils?

Contributing to Global Warming.

Yep, It's their fault, arrest them!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I voted straight party Republican in that election except where president was concerned then it was Libertarian. If you interpret that as being an Obama supporter then have at it.

Mittens one sided condemnation of the Nazi's in VA tells me that he is a rino, uniparty sham.

He and Pual Ryan would happily turn this county in Mejico Norte as long as they get to keep living in their gated communities. Just like the members of the leftist elite.

Voters like yourself were responsible for an Obama second term. That's just the facts, Jack.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30440 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Voters like yourself were responsible for an Obama second term.

Which looking back is probably a good thing. Were it not for Obama (and his second term) we wouldn't have Trump.

Sometimes the world has a funny way of working things out.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Voters like yourself were responsible for an Obama second term.

Which looking back is probably a good thing. Were it not for Obama (and his second term) we wouldn't have Trump.

Sometimes the world has a funny way of working things out.

Not denying that at all.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30440 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That's good, and if you have to stop and think why I'm saying that, just stop and think ahead a bit.

The Left's hate can NEVER be alleviated: LINK

quote:
What Have We Learned Since Saturday? The Left’s Hatred Cannot Be Alleviated
Aug 15, 2017

RUSH: So I have this story here, folks. It’s from Harper’s Bazaar. Harper’s Bazaar is a women’s fashion mag. Well, that’s what it’s supposed to be, but it isn’t anymore. And neither is Vogue, and neither is Cosmopolitan. Any of these women’s fashion magazines, they’re nothing but left-wing rags now.

I mean, they literally are. I’m not trying to be disparaging in my description; that’s what they’ve become. They’ve been taken over by elements of the feminazis going to college, going to women’s studies, and they’ve taken over, and the women’s fashion stuff is the come-on, but the stuff that they write about they really care about. It’s all left-wing drivel.
“If You Are Married to a Trump Supporter, Divorce Them.” You keep asking if the left has reached peak crazy. And the answer is no, folks, they’re nowhere near peak crazy. You just be prepared for this. No matter how bad you think or how wacko you think they are, there is still fertile ground for them to uncover.

Jennifer Wright is the author of “Get Well Soon: History’s Worst Plagues and the Heroes Who Fought Them.” “Thirteen of the Worst Breakups in History.” Anyway, she goes on to suggest here: “With every week, life under the Trump administration becomes more unnerving. The administration is trying to ‘phase out’ the 15,000 trans people in the military, Trump is basically threatening nuclear war with North Korea and Mueller is tapping a Grand Jury to look into the Russia connection. We live in interesting times, and by interesting, I mean on the very verge of the second dark ages. …Perhaps unsurprisingly, this is starting to create a rift, not just between different parts of the country, but between couples.”

She goes on to cite here various couples that are having marital problems all because of Trump, and the answer is, just divorce ’em. It’s the only solution left. It sounds funny. It’s not intended to be funny. It is intended to be serious advice.

Folks, we’re dealing with a combination myriad of things, and all of it to one degree or another borders on insanity or lunacy, such as the idea that there’s only one hate group in America and it’s on the right. The modern home of sheer, unbridled hatred today is the Democrat Party and the people that vote for them. The American left can’t hold a candle to anybody when it comes to hate. They have learned how to market it. They have learned how to sell it. They have learned how to put it into practice. And every other hater out there is a piker compared to the people on the left who practice hate. They get away with their hate by having it disguised as compassion and caring and defense of victims and so forth, but it is obscene. It is literally obscene.

I got an email from a friend today. “This statue toppling and changing names on buildings and schools is not new.” By the way, have you heard the latest? Charlie Rose — we got the audio of this coming up — Charlie Rose and Al Sharpton both agree the Jefferson Memorial in Washington needs to come down. And if you think they’re joking about this, they’re not. They mean it, certainly Al Sharpton does, and I don’t think Charlie Rose is bright enough to know that it would be a wrong-headed move.

That’s the thing about the people on the left. They’re not that smart. They’re not anywhere near smart, and yet they have the reputations of being the brightest people. I was listening to this clown on TV today at CNN. I actually turned on the sound for this. You know who this is, Snerdley? Michael Eric Dyson? I mean, he’s an angry racist African-American college professor, activist, any number of things. And the segment was on how Trump is a racist and how Trump doesn’t know how to hide his racism, and Trump is an idiot, and Trump is a danger, and Trump’s gotta go.

As contrasted to Obama, who is brilliant, who is so cerebral we could barely keep up with him, who was compassionate, who reached across the aisle to the other side and brought people together. And I’m sitting here practically choking here on my chicken strip. I can’t believe what I’m hearing except that I have to believe it because he actually said it and he means it. But here’s the thing, as we keep pointing out. Every Democrat president, every Democrat leader is brilliant, is a brainiac, is so smart, we can barely keep up.

Every Republican president is a dunce. Ronaldus Magnus, George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, and now the Trumpster. They’re all idiots. They’re all brain-dead. They are all intellectual deficients. And it’s just part of the narrative that exists constantly. Obama had this manner of speaking that made people think he understood the language and so it sounded smart, but if you look at the things that Obama actually did, we’ve gotta redefine “smart.” Because much of what passes for intelligence today is on the left, and it’s dumb, and it’s dangerous, it’s reckless and stupid. And yet it is considered to be brilliant, just as this idea of tearing down the Jefferson Memorial.

I mean, you know when history is written, if it ever is, Obama — there is a story from yesterday that in 2014 — I love this — in 2014 Obama and his people knew the Russians were trying to hack elections. They were actually doing it in Ukraine, and Obama was huffing and puffing and making all kinds of threats that he didn’t back up. And the story is that Obama and his team knew it and they let the Russians get away with it, Putin, and they didn’t stop it. And therefore they should have known that it would have happened in 2016.

Well, where was this brilliant, bright, erudite, sophisticated the guy who had full knowledge of what Putin and the Russians were doing and didn’t lift a finger to stop them? And the excuse can’t be that Obama got snookered because nobody could snooker Obama ’cause nobody’s smarter than Obama, nobody’s as smart as Obama, so it can’t be that. So they’re having to say, “Well, maybe he saw something we didn’t. Maybe he knew something we didn’t. We can’t keep up with Obama and it would be reckless and dangerous to try.”

Well, all of this, a steady diet of this is what we’ve been subjected to for so many years now, it’s insulting. And if you let it seep into your inner being, it’s depressing as it can be because it’s so diametrically opposite of the truth. And now we’re on this tear to tear down statues. And as my email friend here today says: it’s not new. It’s been happening for years. Eight years, in fact, America saw it, we all saw it. There was little, it seemed, that anybody could do or would do to stop it.

And then one day a guy came long. He said “Make America Great Again.” Those four small words have big meanings. And one meaning is to honor, respect, learn, and preserve the history of America. You can’t erase it, and you can’t change it, and you can’t wipe it out no matter how hard you try. Just as your personal life. You ever get the question, “Do you have any regrets? What would you change?” You know what the right answer to that question is, universally? Nothing. You can’t change it, and so it’s folly to pretend.

“What would have happened if you could go back and…?” Because you can’t. And so every experience that you have in life leads you to where you are at present. Good, bad, average, indifferent, it still is your history, and there’s nothing you can do to change it. You can try to learn from it if you think you’ve been making mistakes. You can try to learn from it and expand, if you think you’ve been doing things right. But you cannot change it. And regretting things in your past is a big mistake, because nobody…

Well, there may be exceptions. But I’m gonna say nobody living their life intends to screw up. Nobody intends to blow things to smithereens. Most people are trying to do their best, whatever that is. Most people are at least doing what they think is best or right, however they define it. So it’s the same thing with American history. We can’t change it; we can’t erase it. There’s not a thing that can be accomplished by tearing down statues, eliminating monuments changing the names. There’s nothing that can be done. It will not improve anything.

All it’s going to do is dumb people down. It’s not even gonna make these leftists on this tear happy. They are incapable of happiness. Their lives depend on being constantly enraged, constantly offended, constantly put upon, constantly victimized. There is nothing that can make them happy, and it’s time to stop trying to. It’s time to stop acknowledging their complaints and their grievances under the premise that we can alleviate them because we can’t, because they are incapable — because they don’t want to be content, happy.

That’s not who they are. They have been raised, conditioned, educated to be raging angry, infuriated. And they have been trained and educated to be enraged and angry at their own country over things that cannot be changed, over things that cannot be erased. They are not taught perspective. They are not taught how those things in America’s past actually led to vast improvements for everybody in America because there is no room for the affirmative. There is no room for the positive.

And so trying to meet these people halfway (as the president discovered yesterday) is a losing proposition. It’s not possible. You cannot ameliorate them. You cannot do anything that would satisfy them. Every cave-in, every acquiescence only leads to further outrage, and an attempt to acknowledge their grievance and try to change it is met with, “See? You’re guilty! You admit you’re guilty.” And then they add on additional new charges.

We’re basically dealing with a bunch of spoiled-rotten kids who have become adults with a lot of money and have become insane or lunatic or out of kilter by virtue of their environment, their education, and what have you. But there is no halfway with these people. They don’t even want there to be. So back to my email buddy here. “One day a guy came along who said, ‘Make America Great Again.’ Those four small words have big meanings, and one meaning is to honor, respect, learn, and preserve the history of America.

“So a lot of people — the majority, in fact — voted for the man who said those words. As a result — in a ‘screw you’ to him and all who voted for him — the leftist communists in our midst are doubling down. Rush, I voted for Donald Trump as the only option to stop the Obama-Clinton-Soros communist total takeover of America. I never thought Donald Trump was Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. I never thought he was some great orator. I never thought he was going to dazzle anybody with pithy wisdom.

“I know that’s not who Donald Trump is. What I do know is that if Hillary Clinton had won in November, these rabid mongrel mobs who were throwing Coke cans filled with concrete at everybody, would have the total support and protection of the U.S. government, as they did during the Obama administration.” A lunatic shoots five cops in Dallas, and Obama’s first statement: “We must not rush to judgment on motive.” Remember? No condemnation.

There wasn’t any condemnation when this wacko from Illinois tried to assassinate a bunch of Republican congressmen. It’s definitely a two-way street, here. Donald Trump hasn’t hurt anybody. Donald Trump hasn’t pulled the trigger on anybody, hasn’t done diddly-squat. Yet look at what they’re saying about Donald Trump compared to what they’ve said about actual terrorists who have committed murder. ‘Those people deserve to be excused. Well, their rage, we need to understand.

“You see, they come from a special grievance born of the foundation of this country. Donald Trump is a rich guy who’s made it all of his life. He doesn’t have any idea what life is like for these people.” So they say. But I think this is true. If Hillary had won in November, these mobs, these rioters? These are not protesters. This is not dissent. There’s not dissidents out there. These are rioters and mobs. They would have the total support and protection of the U.S. government just as they did while they were organized under Obama’s protection.

“Would I vote for Donald Trump again today with the same options? Damn right, I would.” I got the email right before the program began. I’m sure it reflects the thinking of many of you. So what did we learn yesterday? Let me sum up for you what happened. Starting back on Saturday, we have the events taking place in Charlottesville, Virginia. The media, in unison, begins to clamor for Donald Trump to denounce the racism and the violence in Virginia, but only denounce the racism and violence of one half of the participants.
So Trump said, “Okay,” and he went out and made a statement where he denounced the racism and the hatred and violence on all sides. “All sides,” he said. The media said, “That just doesn’t do it for us! That just doesn’t get it done. You need to specifically… You need to name the Nazis. You need to name the Klan. You need to call out the white supremacists. You need to call out your Steve Bannon’s buddies.” So Monday came. We carried it; you heard Trump when he did it.

He came out yesterday, and he mentioned by name the white supremacists, the KKK, the Nazis. What’d media do? Predictable. “You didn’t mean it! You didn’t mean it. You only did it because we forced you into it; so we’re not gonna give you any credit because we don’t think you meant it. We actually think you side with racists. We think you like the Nazis. You didn’t mean it. You didn’t mean it. You can’t make us believe that you did.” How close is Trump to saying, “Screw this! Where’s the golf course?”

RUSH: Cookie got me the sound bite here from Michael Eric Dyson today from earlier on CNN. Kate Bolduan, there’s something else about this I have to point out after the bite, but this is the kind of sheer — it’s beyond bias. This is just — well, it’s wrong. It’s intellectually fraudulent. It is dangerously wrong. It is disastrously misguided. But this is what’s all over cable news here as we proceed down this path that Trump didn’t condemn the KKK soon enough, the other hate groups soon enough, and since he didn’t do it originally, didn’t mean it, the media talked him into it. Trump’s a dunce, Trump’s an idiot, why can’t we have Obama back?

DYSON: Obama proved to be a highly intelligent, immensely cerebral, extraordinarily poetic president who was able to touch bases with common human beings in understanding their crisis and their predicament. So, yes, even if you disagreed with him, he was a stable personality who was able to listen to the other side, reach across the aisle in order to try to achieve some kind of comity, some kind of balance in American politics. This president is a man who wants to traffic in excuse mongering even as he excoriates those through the discourse of political correctness who he feels are sensitive to victims in this country. The bottom line is Donald Trump is not to be believed because he has exhibited no basic fundamental premise of human decency.

RUSH: That’s a wandering 47-second attempt at coherence and a failure to achieve it, Michael Eric Dyson. Obama, see, highly intelligent, immensely cerebral, extraordinarily poetic, able to touch bases with common human beings. Yeah, like when he told them they could keep their health care plan and their doctor if they liked ’em. Then when he told common people that their premiums actually gonna come down $2,500 a year, and when he made all of these nefarious promises, of course he had his own extremist radical pastor, Jeremiah Wright, who, you know, didn’t come down for any condemnation from Obama or his side whatsoever.

But there’s no peacemaking with these people, and there’s no accommodation to be made. This is only going to continue. And these people, I’m gonna tell you right now, are gonna continue to lose elections. And that’s just gonna further enrage them. And the more elections they lose, the more they’re going to want to overthrow the entire American political system and take the American people out of the process, which is really where they are headed at present: Take the American people out of the process. Selecting leaders, making policy.

The American people, I mean, when they shout that Trump is a racist or that Trump colluded with Russia, they’re saying that about everybody who’s voted for him too. All these insults at Trump are aimed at everybody that voted for him. They don’t think they don’t just think this stuff of Trump. They think it of the majority of Americans that voted for Trump.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is what I learned about last Saturday: The Neo Nazi's and White Supremacists baited a trap, and a lot of people fell into it, then dragged the media, social media, corporate leaders, and millions more down with them.

For most of my life time I've heard about these demonstrations of "white power". The response was always the same ignore them. They got their permit, they came, and spoke to no one. Sure a few would show up, some out of curiosity, some who brought their crazy meter to see how high up the scale they would get. They would get maybe 10 seconds on the nightly news, a great camera angle showing them speaking to 4 people. I have vivid memory of a rally from the past with the idiots speaking to an empty square, save one sign that read in big letters "NO ONE CARES, GO HOME".

This worked because these extremist groups want conflict, they want a fight, they want to inflame the people that they don't like into attacking them so they can prove the are right about how bad these people are. They also know that if violence breaks out, its prime time news and there the message is for all to see. Ignoring them worked.

This last Saturday the Anti-Fa, BML, and Alt Left ran face first into the trap. They not only showed up to engage, but they started violence. The media piled on and gave these low life hate mongers what no one else could, MILLONS of dollars of prime time free advertising. The media is actually seeking them out for additional air time with their message.

In a naive attempt to teach them a lesson about how wrong it is to hate, you put them EXACTLY where they wanted to be. Good job....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38008 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
Rightwire,

BLM and antifa didn't show up to teach the whites not to hate. They showed up to beat the hell out of the whites for daring to voice their opinions.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
But there’s no peacemaking with these people, and there’s no accommodation to be made. This is only going to continue. And these people, I’m gonna tell you right now, are gonna continue to lose elections. And that’s just gonna further enrage them. And the more elections they lose, the more they’re going to want to overthrow the entire American political system

That's right... they mean to have a dictatorship. That's where socialism/communism always ends up. Venezuela is only the most recent example.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Here we go: a Chicago pastor wants the names of Washington and Jefferson removed from parks. Mt. Vernon and Monticello will without doubt be targeted for protest demonstrations at some point. There is no point where this will level out and stop.

I was in Sri Lanka in the 80s in the civil war there, when the government gave in over and over to the demands of the Tamil militants. Not only was there no appeasement, but the more the government gave in, the more the militants made bigger and bigger demands.

Jefferson was a slave owner. A racist, you know. His hate speech needs to be cleansed from our cultural heritage....

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/20...idents-slave-owners/

Al Sharpton Threatens Jefferson Memorial: An 'Insult To My Family'
"You have private museums..."

Speaking with Charlie Rose about the current SJW trend across the country in which packs of angry marauders destroy public property by tearing down Confederate monuments, Al Sharpton, of course, endorsed the monuments' removal. When Rose shifted the argument to the Jefferson Memorial, Sharpton put the former president on notice.

"When you look at the fact that public monuments are supported by public funds, you’re asking me to subsidize the insult of my family," Sharpton said. "I would repeat that the public should not be paying to uphold somebody who has had that kind of background. You have private museums, you have other things that you may want to do there."

Except you cannot just put the Jefferson Memorial in a museum. It's its own museum, it's its own structure. What on earth is he talking about? Does he really want to take a bulldozer to this?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...-insult-my-paul-bois

-rduckwor