SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I recently received a donation request from NRA and it also had something I haven't seen in awhile, a postage paid return envelope.

I wrote a note, 'get rid of Wayne and I will donate', and mailed it off.

Just a small way to let them know my thoughts.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here and also told them on their postage paid reply card that I’d be sending $ to GOA and others unless they got their act together.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Hickok45 severed ties with the NRA today.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If a few hundred thousand members sent in the same sentiment as above, LaPierre might be shown the door.

Otherwise, he's dictator for life.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgun45
posted Hide Post
I just received my membership renewal today. I responded I am cancelling my membership, until Wayne and his crew are broomed out.

Posts: 2049 | Registered: January 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
I recently received a donation request from NRA and it also had something I haven't seen in awhile, a postage paid return envelope.

I wrote a note, 'get rid of Wayne and I will donate', and mailed it off.

Just a small way to let them know my thoughts.

I did this also & also informed them of the amount sent to GOA & Second Amendment Foundation.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Typical Hicock45. A ten minute video where he doesn’t stop flapping his gums and the whole time, he says what amounts to nothing.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Typical Hicock45. A ten minute video where he doesn’t stop flapping his gums and the whole time, he says what amounts to nothing.

Totally agree. He's a dumb fuck that just can't quit talking. I never watch his videos anymore.

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Now would be a very good time to completely replace the top leadership of the NRA. All this horse manure is building up to a distraction for gun nuts from getting the right things to happen in November, 2020.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Its discouraging that the GDC's keep a consistent and united front to destroy the Second Amendment (regardless of their disagreements, corruptions, errors) decade after decade, while we get divided and conquered.

Posts: 15895 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I keep seeing this sentiment about how if we disagree with how the NRA is being run, that the left is succeeding in dividing us, when the problem is really with how the NRA is profiteering off fearmongering and not doing much in the way of helping the 2A community. The left didn’t do this. The NRA did.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I keep seeing this sentiment about how if we disagree with how the NRA is being run, that the left is succeeding in dividing us, when the problem is really with how the NRA is profiteering off fearmongering and not doing much in the way of helping the 2A community. The left didn’t do this. The NRA did.

You could say the fearmongering is what keeps the 2A community fearful of the government and from that the resistance to additional laws to take away our rights.

When you say "the" NRA you mean all of us .

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The NRA has problems. The NRA needs to survive and be effective. Not sure how that can happen. Buy LaPierre is a big part of the problem.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
When you say "the" NRA you mean all of us .

Cool slogan campaign, but no. When I say the NRA in this conversation, I’m talking specifically about the corrupt leadership that needs to be replaced, and you know it.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I say the NRA in this conversation, I’m talking specifically about the corrupt leadership that needs to be replaced, and you know it.

I agree corrupt leadership needs to be replaced but we do not really know what is actually going on.
All we hear is the media sound bites.
I trust it will get sorted out but this situation doesn't make me support them less.
But that's just me . Eek

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No, we've got a bunch of documents and statements from different factions in the NRA's leadership. The pissing match alone justifies sweeping them all out the door and replacing them - now, before we need the NRA geared up and active in all the nooks and crannies of gun-owning America in 14 to 17 months.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That we don’t know what is actually going on is a big part of the problem. That they won’t do anything but cover for each other is the other big part of the problem. The leadership, the whole board needs to be replaced. No lifetime anything going forward if they want to save it. And tell Wayne to kiss his pension buh-bye.

Simply put, they’re fucking us, man, and we either need to just keep breathing and smiling or say “hey, quit fucking me and telling me you’re my advocate while you’re perforating my colon and actually GODDAMN DO SOMETHING FOR ME.”

We can Stockholm syndrome right into the ground or pull the GOA ripcord.

posted Hide Post
It really does seem like NRA is a dictatorship run solely by Wayne LaPierre. The board is a bunch of toothless figureheads and with Cox out, that really only leaves Wayne running the show. Who is in a real position to oust him?

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You guys ever considered just voting for crazy Bernie or the fake Indian to teach the NRA a lesson?

Chuck Schumer approves of this thread!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On second thought, sorry for the intrusion into this topic. I'm no longer a NRA member. I'm also most likely going to sell my firearms and airguns. As much as I enjoy staring at the Olympic mountains and maritime traffic floating by, my fellow Washingtonians lean a tad too left for me. Asia beckons, I can see a more enjoyable end of life there.

Posts: 428 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post