SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign Login/Join 
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nosticks:
Let's see. NRA laid off employees, others took a 20% salary cut. Where is Wayne's contribution. How about giving up the Corporate Jet and other perks for the executive class first. That's all money squandered rather than spent directly on our 2nd Amendment rights.

He downgraded from platinum cuff links to gold cuff links.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
giving up the Corporate Jet

Interesting. Where did you find this information?

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
To me it comes down to one question. Which is more important to LaPierre, his luxury lifestyle, or Constitutional rights. Sadly, I think it is the first choice.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the never-ending ego boost.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where is Wayne's contribution

He would make a very large number of members happy if he just resigned.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I'm not sure if this should be in a separate thread, but I'll start it here:

What do we know about the Second Amendment Foundation? Is that a worthy place for donations that are not going to NRA because Wayne LaPierre?

Both Gun Owners of America and 2nd Amendment Foundation are viable alternatives to the NRA. Neither have the financial, nor the support infrastructure of having a stout legal team and a consistent lobbying presence in Congress that the NRA does. Nevertheless, changes have to start somewhere.

GOA's history seems to be more focused on being the smarter and practical alternative to the NRA and less about corporate connections and industry protections, which the former was very good at.
2AF works more at the local level vs national level, focusing on how laws affect the individual and thus their attention is towards legislation at the state and county levels, which is where the battle grounds are. This is an area that the NRA routinely ignored, resulting in the California AWB back in '89 (Roberti-Roos). The latest actions in Virginia have resulted in flashbacks of this...crickets so far from the NRA.

My understanding both organizations work with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (hosts of SHOT show), who's own mission is focused on promoting shooting sports and recreation areas. Figure your donations should go to an org that promotes causes at the national and local level, as the NRA being so large, will only pick & choose which battles to fight.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Mixed feelings about the current situation...

The NRA has, even recently, done some good work. And their massive infrastructure, etc. are VERY expensive.

IMHO, we do NOT want the NRA to fail. Do you every hear a politician ever mention SAF, GOA, or other 2A organizations (outside of VA recently)? There's probably a reason. The NRA imploding would be handing every anti2A politician, GC group, and activist who we know and love their BIGGEST VICTORY EVER. Think of how nauseating it would be watching them do 'victory laps.' 'Hell yeah! We destroyed the NRA!!!' Don't think that's anything any of us want to have to see.

But at the same time, IMHO, WLP and his $10M reported net worth has tarnished the NRA's roles and goals in the recent past.

If taking NRA to the brink of bankruptcy is what it finally takes to make some much needed improvements on the executive floor...

That's certainly a risky gamble. It's a shame...

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, look at it this way - getting rid of Wayne will not destroy or cripple the NRA in any way. Do we want to leave it in Wayne's hands, or take it back before Wayne manages to do any more serious damage?

I want it back, myself. This situation makes me feel like I'm renting out a beautiful home in a wonderful neighborhood to pack of meth heads.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would guess that Wayne has driven off some people and his ouster would bring more people back to NRA.
We dont want the NRA to fail.
Adios, Wayne. And leave the suits. They can be sold on EBay.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
The question is: WLP depart? And if so, will it be soon enough to pull the NRA back from the brink?

The 'I'm not giving until he's gone!' does us no good if the NRA is destroyed in the process. And the upper floor knows this.

That's like the 'I'm not voting for THAT Conservative/R candidate cuz he's not perfect in my eyes.' And so the competition wins. Boy, that really shows 'em! Roll Eyes

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If the NRA was actually in danger financially, Wayne would be a lot more conciliatory in hopes of staying in his position. If he's cocky, no one's attention has been truly gotten yet.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:

It was a suggestion, not something that Wayne did.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
I'm also not donating until he's gone...

I am a Life Member and contribute several times a year but when this whole business cropped up last year I sent an email on the NRA website and asked for an explanation of what happened...I have yet to receive a response...

if things get tough enough for the NRA I am certain that Wayne will resign or be removed...if not then the NRA isn't worth our time and money...and I believe they are worth it so...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I am not exactly sure how one would do this, but if you really want Wayne gone, I suggest you make your opinions known to the NRA's board of directors. They have the power to oust him.

AFAIK, there are 76 board members, way too many in my opinion. A possible option might be to write an open letter to the BoD, addressed as follows:

National Rifle Association of America
ATTN: Board of Directors
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:

Well, I doubt WLP flies coach...

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
He feels extorted?

I’d rather he feel exported! Bye bye!

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
As much as I'd like to see Wayne locked into an eternal dance of death with Pierre Trudeau, would the Dominion of Canada Rifle Association really want him?

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:

The 'I'm not giving until he's gone!' does us no good if the NRA is destroyed in the process. And the upper floor knows this.

That's like the 'I'm not voting for THAT Conservative/R candidate cuz he's not perfect in my eyes.' And so the competition wins. Boy, that really shows 'em! Roll Eyes

Boss

My membership expired because of Wayne, I started giving my money to GoA. I won't give them a penny till he is gone.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post