SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Grandkids like Pop Tarts, so picked up a couple of boxes last weekend on a BOGO deal at Publix.

Ok yeah I'll sneak one myself now and then, noticed that they have reduced the product size, they are shorter. Which is reduced sugar so there is that.....

Box is same size, price is same but the tarts themselves are shorter. Shrinkflation.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
DEF is starting to become an issue around here. People are snatching it up and stockpiling whether they need it now or not, making the local NAPA shelves bare.

Posts: 20087 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Sriracha around here is gone.

I suspect there are resellers snatching it all up to put on Amazon and eBay.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
High quality stainless steel is apparently hard to come by. Last year, I bought a hand made stainless steel pot for steaming crabs. It cost about $350.00. The person that makes them stopped doing so because the materials are hard to get and would be double the price.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Smuckers Blackberry jam. Haven't seen it in six months.
Bought a jar of Red Rasberry, Meh.

Posts: 953 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I can’t seem to find much clear silicone caulk anywhere and when I do it’s always the big tubes that require a caulk gun, I’m looking for the smaller hand squeezable tubes you can re-cap.

The one place that even had it, the prices were ludicrous

Is there some sort of silicone shortage?

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I can’t seem to find much clear silicone caulk anywhere and when I do it’s always the big tubes that require a caulk gun, I’m looking for the smaller hand squeezable tubes you can re-cap.

The one place that even had it, the prices were ludicrous

Is there some sort of silicone shortage?

Caulking been hit and miss for me. That section in HD or Lowes has been half empty for the last year. My hardest has been simple painter caulk without silicon.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Peanut butter. I can find it but always only a 1/3 of the shelves are fill and the brand you want is hit or miss.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

posted Hide Post
Chicken Paws, yep, chicken Paws and still sardines. Also chicken liver and hearts and gizzard are hard to come by.

I feed my pup a partial raw diet. Which is 8oz of raw ground beef,heart,liver, unwashed green trip. Two (2) chicken Paws, and a cooked homemade food that I call puppy casserole,which has chicken hearts and gizzard, chicken liver, ground beef, ground chicken and/or turkey, ground pork. Sweet potato, carrots, spinach, kale, celery, beets, partly, brown rice, quota, ground flaxseed. Salmon, mackerel and 3 whole eggs.
I also feed my pup The Honest Kitchen dehydrated food, and it's been hard to come by. Plus The Honest Kitchen dehydrated Goats Milk. It's also been hard to come by.

I have never had a problem getting chicken paws,liver, hearts and gizzard. This is crazy!

ARman

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Wife reported today no Keebler Deluxe Grahams at any of the local grocery stores. On line search shows the same unless you are willing to pay $15 a package to some reseller on Amazon.

Posts: 11221 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

Peanut butter. I can find it but always only a 1/3 of the shelves are fill and the brand you want is hit or miss.
For a few weeks now, local stores have had dozens of jars of creamy PB on the shelves, but no crunchy.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Still no creamy Jif here. Mad

Not that I eat a ton of peanut butter, but when I want it, I want creamy Jif.

Posts: 20087 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
The wife got creamy Jif at Sam's last week. But no crunchy, which is what we use to pill our 2 boxers.

On the boat I run we had to order new air conditioning units for the flybridge in February. Latest projection was August or September and I have no confidence that will happen either.

A friend of my boss had a boatyard screw up all of his AC and refrigeration. Completely ruined all of it. Probably $100,000.00 worth. Multi-million dollar boat has been without air since March.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Chewing gum has been reduced to a handful of flavors for quite a while at my local wallyworld.

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We ordered a LG Washer and Dryer from Costco on 6/22/22. Delays have put delivery out until late September - Maybe.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to both Yooper (local, not big box) grocery store delis in search of chicken for sandwiches.
No joy!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
There was a story on TV last night that there is a candy shortage here or coming. Last week, I couldn't find M&M's at Walmart.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Report This Post
Picture of BradleyS
posted Hide Post
Spray sizing

Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 618 | Location: Salisbury | Registered: July 16, 2005Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mcrimm:
We ordered a LG Washer and Dryer

I am sorry. Hope it works out better for you than most.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
We ordered a LG Washer and Dryer from Costco on 6/22/22. Delays have put delivery out until late September - Maybe.

We ordered our appliances on 12/30/21 for our kitchen renovation in August. Were just told about 2 weeks ago they all finally came in and the appliance shop is storing them for us.

6 1/2 months Eek

Used to be like 6 1/2 days