SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I could not find cases of Coors in cans.

I did find some biscuits that had not been available for some time.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Missing corned beef here as well,
Asked Mr. meat counter manager if he was getting some in for st. Patty's day crowd.

He said he is ordering one quarter as much as usual as it is going to be 3/4 higher priced ☹️

So no Reubans for us for awhile, I guess

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Copefree:
The refrigerator I ordered in July 2021 is Officially scheduled to be delivered on Monday — only took 7 months!

It’s a Kitchenaide model.[/QUOTE

^^^^^^^^^^
Same…except mine is a GE! And on Thursday, next (maybe) :-(

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Here's a weird one. I haven't been able to find sugar free cough drops for two weeks now at local stores. I did order some from Amazon at double the price I normally pay.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
114 drugs currently in shortage, per FDA

https://www.beckershospitalrev...hortage-per-fda.html

Nationwide, more than 100 drugs are in short supply, including antibiotics, diuretics, opioids and heart failure medications, FDA data shows.

As of Jan. 11, 114 drugs were in shortage, according to the FDA's database of current and resolved drug shortages, which is updated daily. The current tally is a continuation of shortage levels seen last year. In November 2021, the FDA reported 112 drug shortages.

The most recent drug added to the FDA's shortage list was heparin sodium and sodium chloride 0.9 percent injection, an anticoagulant, on Jan. 7. Dexmedetomidine injection, a sedative used for patients on ventilators, was added Dec. 27, 2021.

View the full list of drug shortages here.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov...hortages/default.cfm

Every time I log into my hospital’s EMR system, it pops up a critical shortage list. I suspect so I don’t order those medications for patients or seek alternatives
Many are older standby everyday medications ( of course the cheap low profit margin off patent stuff )
Funny how the most expensive and advanced health care industry ( I don’t really feel it should be called a system) in the world can’t keep basic stuff in stock.

Posts: 3286 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Fresh boneless/skinless chicken breasts. We usually buy a bulk pack and make several meals aweek grill, bake etc and use the extras for lunch. Or wife will add to her salads after it’s cooked .
Several stores out and publix has for like 6.99 pound. No thanks. Winn Dixie had it in the 5 pound-ish bulk styrofoam pack ( what I wanted) for 3.49 pound club price. Wife thought I was getting ripped off. I’m like. Ehh have you bought any chicken/beef/pork lately? That’s a price I’d be ok paying a few years ago.

I don’t like the prices but all my LGS have plenty of ammo in most any caliber.

Dry pasta aisle at my Walmart is perpetually out for weeks at a time. Usually buy the 2 pound boxes of spaghetti and it makes plenty for my family with a Healthy amount leftover for lunches the next few days. When I see it I buy 8-10 of them. It takes years to go bad and will all get eaten eventually.

Wife thought I was nuts for a long time with my prepperish ways . But now she’s seeing my ways and has approved basically doubling the on hand supply of dry pantry and canned goods and now we have a 2nd fridge/freezer in garage and she has been ok with buying bulk meats to freeze. All gets eaten eventually and even a little freezer burn can get cut off and seasoned over in soup etc

Posts: 4753 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wife thought I was nuts for a long time with my prepperish ways . But now she’s seeing my ways and has approved basically doubling the on hand supply of dry pantry and canned goods and now we have a 2nd fridge/freezer in garage and she has been ok with buying bulk meats to freeze. All gets eaten eventually and even a little freezer burn can get cut off and seasoned over in soup etc

If you haven't already, get a good vacuum sealer for food storage. You'll have a lot less freezer burn. It pays for itself in no time.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
If you haven't already, get a good vacuum sealer for food storage. You'll have a lot less freezer burn. It pays for itself in no time.

Jim

With a good vacuum sealer like a FoodSaver, you won't have any freezer burn at all, not even a couple of years after you seal it and put it in the freezer.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been having the freezer bag seal fail in the freezer. Been getting Costco bulk packs

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ore-Ida brand frozen potato products are still slim nearby. The store brands aren't quite so hard to find.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
I have been having the freezer bag seal fail in the freezer. Been getting Costco bulk packs

If you're talking about a FoodSaver bag, I'm surprised.

If you're talking about the Costco bulk pack freezer bag failing, I'm not surprised.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Any variety of frozen potato product (fries, tots) are vaporware.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Doritos Salsa Verde. Have not seen them in at least a year.

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Fresh boneless/skinless chicken breasts.

If you're of a mind to, raising your own is not difficult at all and can be done in the back yard. There's plenty of Youtube "how-to" videos.

7-8 weeks and you've got the best chicken you've ever had.

I do 25 birds/year and it's a piece of cake. Cost wise, it comes out similar to buying a whole bird. But, if you're buying parts, it's MUCH cheaper to grow your own.

I'm a single fella these days and I can get 5+ meals out of a bird. Wing-leg-thigh X 2, breast X 2, and the carcass you can make soup or stock out of.

The only PITA is plucking. Otherwise, butchering is easy as can be. I built a plucker a few years back but gave that to some friends just getting started and bought another one. Easy-peasy - toss in the bird and 10-15 seconds later? No more feathers. I'll butcher all 25 of mine in a morning.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Fresh boneless chicken breasts are still frequently unobtainable around here, and now it has spilled over into frozen chicken breasts and things like breaded chicken breast patties and chicken strips. I thought I was well-situated with about 6 pounds of chicken breasts that I had frozen, but my stockpile is getting low since about 75% of the time I go to the store they're totally out of chicken breasts, necessitating me breaking out yet more of my frozen stash.

Also found the grocery store to be completely out of all types of eggs when I stopped in tonight, with the exception of one boutique brand of cage free, free-range, organic, non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free eggs from chickens who receive daily massages and words of affirmation. Only $4/dozen.

Probably due to a combination of the usual supply issues plus panic buying from the ice storm we had back on Wednesday/Thursday. Let's hope things get back to "normal shortage levels" next week.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We had chickens at the last house for 10 years for the eggs. They are in the plans for here but I need to spend the time and money securing an area for them. We prefer the fresh eggs to the bird meat.

We had a vacuum sealer for years the rubber seal finally crapped out. Never replaced it. I guess she never saw the need at the old house only had the kitchen fridge/freezer. Maybe if the frozen meat on hand starts growing in quantity we will buy another.

Posts: 4753 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Took my pickup in to the independent auto service shop I use, for an oil change this morning. Apparently, full synthetic oil has been in short supply for some time now. The guy who checked me in said that they used to buy full-syn by the barrel, now they’re only able to buy 6 quart jugs, and at times they have to search for those, most often getting it from Advantage Auto, who reportedly uses the refinery that makes Castrol.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Red raspberry Jam

no house brands, no Smuckers

jam and jelly selections are at a minimum around me

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Report This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Trader Joe’s has over 100 frozen items on “production delay” right now. Production delays aren’t exactly unusual for them, but 100 at a time are, or so explained to employee I talked to yesterday.

They haven’t had my frozen roasted potatoes with peppers and onions for about a month. Also missing that I use a lot is the pepper and onion veggie mix.

And the strawberry jam that is sweetened with fruit juice.

Posts: 6360 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Saltine crackers.

Blow in insulation. Contractor just finished the attic over my shop about thirty minutes ago. The insulation has been on backorder 11 months

Posts: 591 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post