SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Claussen Burger Slices.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Canned Hash, pasta.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Frozen french fries were not to be found again this weekend when I went to the store. That makes three weeks now...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I didn't even know Claussen made burger slices. Our local stores have Claussen but not those.

I'm gonna have to track me down some.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Claussen Burger Slices.

Claussen doesn't show them on their website, so they very likely could be discontinued...

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Canned Hash, pasta.

If you have an Aldi store I have seen canned hash the last few times I was there.

Posts: 401 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

Canned Hash, pasta.
I was in Walmart couple days ago. They had a good supply of both.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30682 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Jimmy. Dean Loaded Potato breakfast bowls.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Not "shortages" per se but very low stock everywhere.

I'm out buying the flooring and backsplash tiles for our new kitchen and have to go to 4 different Lowe's in the area because none of them have enough of what I'm looking for so I'm having to get 2 boxes from Lowe's A and 3 boxes from Lowe's B and so on and so forth.

Annoying but at least I can find what we wanted.

Posts: 33816 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Did the weekly grocery run last night (usually go on Sunday morning)

Still just random shortages.
2 kids in elem school. School lunch sized juice boxes, have ben in very low supply for a few months.
Almost completely empty shelves for applesauce & the various cereal/granola bars.

Breads were in short supply last night.

Pre-packaged deli meats were sparse

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Latest Aldi trip had pasta reappear but still no frozen potato products, saltines or chocolate chip cookies at all.

Posts: 7263 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Claussen Burger Slices.

Claussen doesn't show them on their website, so they very likely could be discontinued...

Lots of food manufacturers are discontinuing SKUs right now so they can focus on their most popular lines. Whether these cuts are temporary or permanent remains to be seen.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
At the Toyota dealer right now getting an oil change. (And hiding from the salesmen)

This is a fairly large place with a huge showroom, there is only 1 vehicle on the showroom floor, the outside has a shockingly few new and very few used vehicles. I’m interested in another vehicle this summer but there’s nothing here I’m interested in.

You could roll a bowling ball around here and probably not hit a thing.

I called my regular preferred independent garage for an oil change appointment and they are booked up until April 19.

Posts: 11849 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In some retailers and supermarkets the problem may be they have product in stock but short on employees to put it out on the shelves.locally products brought in store by the product salesmen are usually well stocked, while Semi drop shipment items will be low. Every supermarket locally have signs in their stores begging for workers.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Report This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty familiar with the distribution industry. When you see these shortages look around to see if it is entire categories of food stuff. For instance yogurt, cottage cheese, lunch meats, bacon, sausage, eggs, meats. Those all come on the same delivery by and large. That would indicate to me that truck is late.

Frito, Pepsi, Coke, milk, bread, nabisco, frozen pizza, all have there own individual trucks and delivery. For the most part they are stocking their own shelves as well. A break in the supply the driver the stocker (often times the driver) the power unit all result in the same outcome on the shelf.

That knowledge can be useful in deciding if going across town or simply asking if it’s a late truck issue. The stock doesn’t sit around in the back, it gets worked as soon as someone is available. There are instances where someone might be able to grab what you need. If it is under 600 lbs of other things you’ll probably be denied, but a bunch of Kale? “No problem I can get that”.

My view from the receiving dock, as a driver.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Report This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I hit a Best Buy to grab a Stereo Receiver. They had x3 in stock. Only x3 Stereo Receivers. (luckily I had searched and it appeared the one I wanted was in stock.)

I mean it's been years but last time I was in a big box electronic store. They had like 20+ set up as demos with stacks on the walls.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8855 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Average folks don't want the hassle of an A/V receiver these days.

Soundbar systems are the new hotness.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

At the Toyota dealer right now getting an oil change. (And hiding from the salesmen)

This is a fairly large place with a huge showroom, there is only 1 vehicle on the showroom floor

My father in law bought a 2020 Acura MDX this past weekend and told me the same thing. They had a loaner MDX for sale which he went in to buy, told the sales guy he was ready to negotiate, the the guy actually LAUGHED at him and said "Sir, we haven't negotiated a price break here in over 18 months!"

My FIL is in sales and knows all the tricks of the trade, he left with the MDX and a decent trade in and $1,000 off the price still.

Posts: 33816 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Oyster Crackers ????

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Oyster Crackers”

Yeah, apparently covid annihilated the oyster beds.

Posts: 26912 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post