SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by specter77:
Turkey Bacon

My Costco has it on sale right now, 7 foot tall pallet of it.

Posts: 10049 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Far west Illinois, far east Iowa are experiencing a shortage of places that people want to work.

7 places that I visited last week had
help wanted signs on them.

Businesses are opening later,closing earlier and going out of business because they can't find employees

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55234 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I had noticed a local shortage of P228s. I had to buy one from far away. Wink

Posts: 9439 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Legos and Hot Wheels...at least at Target. The Kroger-owned Fred Meyer seemed to have plenty of toys to choose from, including those two types.

-MG

Posts: 2241 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Report This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
PEX parts attachement parts

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6073 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Report This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
I went to the drive through at the new Taco Bell nearby and they apologized for being out of sporks.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I had noticed a local shortage of P228s. I had to buy one from far away. Wink

I've seen the same, luckily I have a couple spares just in case. Funny thing is I've only shot one or two of them. Hopefully they all work.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
We've moved all our pet food orders to Petco, Chewey OR Amazon with automatic reordering and have ended all the shortage issues.

Posts: 1655 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Report This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I'm a cabinet maker and cant get hinges and drawer slides it's been three months since I have seen one. also paint and lacquer is tough to find. had a shortage of good plywood but thats not as bad now.

Our daughter and SIL own a large cabinet shop here in Montana. He was complaining about drawer slides and hinges as well. He has a couple million dollar jobs. Makes it tuff.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4280 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Ivermectin

It's out there. It just might take a few days (and a motivated pharmacist) to get it ordered.

I had to wait about a week to get mine in to our little pharmacy in the hinterlands.

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
200 amp meter cabinets.

Just bought all the Sch.35 green 4" x 10' pvc pipe that the vendor had last week. They said they weren't getting more until mid-November. $30/stick Eek

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3645 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend ordered some appliances and they were told they expecting them to be in around the end of the year. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3095 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Went shopping for Welch’s squeezable strawberry ‘jelly’ the other day and they (our local Giant) were out of it AND the same in the Smucker’s brand and the store brand.

Stopped in at a Weiss on my home from work today and they were out of both. Stopped in at Walmart before I got home and they were out.

While killing time tonight when my daughter was doing PT / rehab I went to another Giant and Weiss in a few towns over and they were out too.

Grape ‘jelly’ (yuck) was in stock in both brands at all stores.

What’s the world coming to?!

Posts: 3598 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
A new Tractor Supply going up is having trouble getting metal shelving and such for their merchandise displays.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Went out to Cracker Barrel tonight-found out they are outta straws….

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11486 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Time.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6417 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A plumber friend told me that PVC has tripled in price and all toilets have gone up at least 30%

This shit has got to stop Mad

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
toilets have gone up at least 30%

This shit has got to sto
Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
At a gas station I always stop at today told me there's a shortage of plastic straws. They will be handing out paper ones.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
200 amp meter cabinets.

Just bought all the Sch.35 green 4" x 10' pvc pipe that the vendor had last week. They said they weren't getting more until mid-November. $30/stick Eek

Just tossed a 200a meter can because it was collecting dust and I moved away from electrical work. Would have happily sold it for shipping cost or free pick up. Darn.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post