SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was just at Publix this morning; certain types of packaged cheese, packaged (not deli) cold cuts and sausages

Just got back from Publix. No shortages or empty shelves except Italian Parsley which was in the back unstocked. I do not go down the cat & dog aisle so I don't know. I order my dog's food online & he eats green beans & watermelon on the side.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Report This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
Mtn bike parts. (And mtn bikes, for that matter.)

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
8" Dixie paper plates

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolria:
Satin and semi gloss paint. Trying to get my house painted and it's out or hard to get everywhere right now locally.

If your seeing shortages in paint it’s because the binder (glue) that is being used is a very cheap one and not quality. Products that are primarily Poly Vinyls, Esters, Vinyl acrylics are being used. That’s way the majority of SW products are not available, even my company’s products that use them are in short supply, inexpensive ingredients. Try a higher quality product that uses 100% acrylics. Price does not equate to quality in the paint

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Common sense

You win!

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

Cherry DP
Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Dr Pepper ^^^^^^^^^

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by two-two-niner-romeo:
Kellog's Cracklin Oat Bran. Can't find it anywhere.

I just got home from making a grocery run at my nearby favorite grocery.

They had exactly 1 box of the Cracklin Oat Bran.
Weird, huh.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The only shortages I've seen are of cashiers at big box and grocery stores and waitresses at restaurants.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Report This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Factory Glock parts.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Forestry bucket trucks (hopefully, the one I ordered will arrive in two months), Kubota compact track loaders, chainsaws, cpvc fittings, outboard boat motors, fishing reels

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Suppressed,

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
No paper products at Costco today. Paper towels, TP, napkins, ... nothing.

Now, I have no use for napkins and I have about 3 years worth of TP (not unusual as I am a rather accomplished prepper), but I do go through paper towels and I'm down to about four of the big packs, so I figured I'd swing in and pick one up whilst I was in town. Nope.

And, to top it all off, now you have to order and pay for (using a card) your $1.50 hot dog at a "kiosk" that is located about six feet away from the counter...where the cash registers used to be. Neither I nor the fella in front of me was too happy with this development and he made the comment that apparently it's too difficult to count out $1.50. Makes much more sense to spend thousands on card readers. Roll Eyes

I'm beginning to question my membership there.

Posts: 20088 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Potroasts and Briskets are slim pickings at the local Piggly Wiggly equivalent.

quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Frozen onion rings.

That's nearly revolt-worthy all by itself.

Some days a life without Onion Rings is barely worth living.

posted Hide Post
Patience

posted Hide Post
I can in the fall and cannot find Mason jars. I've looked all summer at Walmart, Target, large chain grocery, and farm and home stores. They're all out and say they don't know when they'll come back in stock.

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
The bread we have used for years is just not on the shelves. Also a cookie is seldom in stock. Wife likes coke In the small glass bottles. None available.
The worst thing is the lack of help in the grocery store and restaurants. Wait in check out line every trip to store.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

And, to top it all off, now you have to order and pay for (using a card) your $1.50 hot dog at a "kiosk" that is located about six feet away from the counter...where the cash registers used to be. Neither I nor the fella in front of me was too happy with this development and he made the comment that apparently it's too difficult to count out $1.50. Makes much more sense to spend thousands on card readers. Roll Eyes

I'm beginning to question my membership there.

Interesting how different folks can view the same change. Our Costcos have and SAMs clubs have changed over to the food court kiosks at least a year ago. I love them. Walk up tap hot dog combo picture on the screen, tap pay, tap my credit card (or just hold my watch near the machine), grab receipt, literally 30 seconds total max. There are 4 to six kiosks instead of two registers and the two previous register people are now pumping out twice the food twice as fast and are able to keep their gloves on and not handle snot covered cash in between making orders of hot dogs and pizza.

And the SAM's club pay by app is the bomb. I walk around the store scanning items with my iPhone as I drop them in the basket, press the pay button in the app (phone already has credit card stored), walk to the front door where they scan my phone and scan a couple of random items in my basket and I am out the door.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
<snip>

And, to top it all off, now you have to order and pay for (using a card) your $1.50 hot dog at a "kiosk" that is located about six feet away from the counter...where the cash registers used to be.
<snip>

One of my grocery stores has a sign at each checkout counter apologising for their change shortage, and asking customers to pay with exact change if they can.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Factory Glock parts.
What the mother-

That damn well tears it Mad

My cat can eat what I eat and I can wipe my ass with newspaper if I need to, but Glock parts?? Mad

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I don't recall specifically, but I've noticed that regular type stuff I want to pick up, is empty on the shelf, as in, how in the hell would that be missing, it's always there, except for today.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8660 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post