SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    3/30/17 - From this day on, any SF member who manages to escape from behind enemy lines will receive a P228. Karma is now closed (7/1/20).
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
3/30/17 - From this day on, any SF member who manages to escape from behind enemy lines will receive a P228. Karma is now closed (7/1/20). Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
After passing I-1639, is Washington State part of the Commie list?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You are tops.
I already live free, but thanks for what you do.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

May as well be. ANYTHING semi-auto in any caliber, be it rifle, shotgun and yes, even pistol is considered an assault weapon and can't be purchased or possessed by anyone under age 21. You have to take a class to be able to buy anything semi-auto after I forget which day in July this year when it goes into full effect. Anything you buy after that date that qualifies as an assault weapon under the new law is registered with the state, and there's safe storage requirements that they can enforce by inspection. It's bad news bears. Between 549 a few years ago which outlawed private sales and 1639, we're well on our way to California's level of BS. There's been all kinds of stuff on the local news about how this is only the beginning and the state legislature is set to fill in the gaps that the horrible initiatives have left in the commie agenda.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

May as well be. ANYTHING semi-auto in any caliber, be it rifle, shotgun and yes, even pistol is considered an assault weapon and can't be purchased or possessed by anyone under age 21. You have to take a class to be able to buy anything semi-auto after I forget which day in July this year when it goes into full effect. Anything you buy after that date that qualifies as an assault weapon under the new law is registered with the state, and there's safe storage requirements that they can enforce by inspection. It's bad news bears. Between 549 a few years ago which outlawed private sales and 1639, we're well on our way to California's level of BS. There's been all kinds of stuff on the local news about how this is only the beginning and the state legislature is set to fill in the gaps that the horrible initiatives have left in the commie agenda.

I may be confused, but it sounds like you may even have surpassed CA craziness with that. I haven’t read the fine print on the latest raft of garbage from Sacramento, but certainly a year ago were my son or daughter 18 I could give them a pistol or rifle (to include a “featureless” AR). They’d have been able to buy semiautomatic long guns (as long as they weren’t “assault weapons”), but that is no longer. I’ll read the fine print before the eldest turns eighteen next year...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad my mom isn't a member. We just got her moved out of New Jersey, thank Heaven, and we've discussed getting her a gun since she lives in a first floor condo now.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
PZ, shoot me an email when you're ready.

Q, sent you an email from my Gmail, thanks!

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I escaped Oregon in 2013 (for the second time due to post military life), but I'm glad to see it added to your list. It has truly become an enemy state.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Report This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
There a whole lot of Virginia members that will soon be behind enemy lines (if we aren’t already, the commonweath went Obama, Obama, Hillary)

Hope you have a lot more p228s Smile

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
I may be confused, but it sounds like you may even have surpassed CA craziness with that. I haven’t read the fine print on the latest raft of garbage from Sacramento, but certainly a year ago were my son or daughter 18 I could give them a pistol or rifle (to include a “featureless” AR). They’d have been able to buy semiautomatic long guns (as long as they weren’t “assault weapons”), but that is no longer. I’ll read the fine print before the eldest turns eighteen next year...

We just might have, but I didn’t want to definitely state it since I’m not read up on California laws, especially the recent changes. I do know Washington state legislature and the majority of folks in the western counties want to outdo California, and that’s no exaggeration. My wife and I have been plotting our escape since last November when 1639 passed. It will only get worse from here out.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Amazing!!!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

We just might have, but I didn’t want to definitely state it since I’m not read up on California laws, especially the recent changes. I do know Washington state legislature and the majority of folks in the western counties want to outdo California, and that’s no exaggeration. My wife and I have been plotting our escape since last November when 1639 passed. It will only get worse from here out.

I couldn’t believe that it passed. I was stunned. The thing that miffed me the most was giving up your HIPAA rights in order to purchase.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Two questions:

1. Beancooker brings up a good point at the top of this page — is WA state now a commie state? One of the main reasons I am looking to potentially flee this state is due to the awful gun reform BS we’ve been dealing with

2. Is this offer still on the table?

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
I have the same question.

I escaped from CA with my wife and kids back in July 2018, and just finalized my full time move up to WA. A 228 would be a great escape gift, but WA is turning into the same thing for 2A folks.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Personally, I believe that Washington has surpassed California in how they are destroying your rights. The classification of assault weapon, the surrendering your HIPAA rights, and the fact they are now putting together a bill to ban magazines with more than 10 round capacity, and ban assault weapons “which are defined as semi-automatic guns that contain at least one military-style feature”.

I’m so happy I made it out of Washington and down to the great state of Arizona. It’s a breath of fresh air.

The only problem with Arizona, is that so many of the defectors from California are arriving here and trying to turn this great state into the shithole they just defected from.

quote:
The “lol” thread

posted Hide Post
12131.. you’re a phenomenal member here for what you do / contribute and this is a amazing offer.

I have learned so much through veteran contributors like yourself over the years, and I cannot thank you along with this community enough.

I’ve escaped my childhood commie state last June.

Not sure if I qualify for this, but as I unpack my gear .. I have quite a few Sig parts and gear that I’ll pay it forward to the community and post them up shortly for free.

Just wanted to say thanks to you and everyone over the years for all the knowledge.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm still breathing and still on SF. Offer is still on. Commie state list updated.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Karma but I moved about 44 years too soon and CT wasn't so much a commie state back then.
A thanks anyway to 12131, and to give a little more incentive to those on the fence. A few more reasons, if you are in the northeast, get out anyway you can. The cost of living is lower here, taxes generally much lower, weather much better, cars last longer due to better weather and less potholes, jobs, people are more friendly plus you can own almost anything and as much as you want.
Once you take the plunge you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Just try to stay out of the big cities. They seem to attract some of the same people you were trying to get away from.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm still breathing and still on SF. Offer is still on. Commie state list updated.

This is wonderful, I will email you the requirements per your first post once I’m home in a few days, does that work?

Please confirm these items are what you’d need:
-copy of your old state's license, your new state's license, and a copy of your FFL in your new free state, for verification purpose

Thank you sir

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Incredible karma! I fled CA on July 13th of 2018 to AZ and am still there now. Is there an official "Statute of Limitations" or am I eligible?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Beancooker, hk91308, and pullicords, what I need from you:

1- A copy of your old state DL.
2- A copy of your new state DL.
3- A copy of your dealer's FFL. Gun will be shipped to your dealer.

Thanks!

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post