SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    3/30/17 - From this day on, any SF member who manages to escape from behind enemy lines will receive a P228. Karma is now closed (7/1/20).
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
3/30/17 - From this day on, any SF member who manages to escape from behind enemy lines will receive a P228. Karma is now closed (7/1/20). Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Would you consider RI a commie enough state? Live in RI, work in MA. I move on June 12th and I’m settling in Frisco, TX. If not, no worries. Thank you for all you do for the membership here Q.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I left California last fall at the end of the fire season...to come home to a free state where there's no requirement for a permit to carry concealed, and half the population open carries anyway. Does that count?

California...forces one to risk arrest, but it's that or no carry. So...carry.

We had an escaped prisoner in our area, told to look out. Turns out that one of the fire crew picked him up and gave him a ride out of the area. Wasn't that nice? My favorite sight in that state is when it's on fire.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
12131, as you saw in my thread on my rather random move from CA to Montana, I am finally ready to throw my hat in this awesome karma.

As you can see from my profile, I've been on this forum for a long time, although haven't a high post count due to my many years overseas. Don't let that fool you...I've been through Gecko45, buttless chaps, militec oil and baking guns, gay cake and numerous other ebbs and tides of this wonderful forum, that Para has exquisitely administrated over the years.

My personal history of the P-228 goes back to the early 1990's. Having been minted a newly operations officer of the maritime branch, we were issued the P-226, a fantastic duty weapon btw. My ops "daddy" strongly recommended we go buy P-228 for personal carry, which I did. 4 years later while carrying my personal P-228 in some god forsaken landlocked N. African country, I lost it on an op.

Anywhoo, please consider me for this most excellent karma, will send you all relevant info via your email.

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
My firearms career has led me from Ohio, to Arizona, to West Virginia, to Ohio, to the asshole state of CT. They took my license when I switched, but if I ever move...you're my huckleberry.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
sooma, requirements met. All proper documentations received. Your P228 goes out after July 4th. Congrats. Cool

Syngin1066, RI is not on the commie list. I'm sorry, man. Frown

oddball, still have not heard or received anything from you. Confused

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of onikuma
posted Hide Post
Leaving Los Angeles in about a month. Have a house that closed Monday in Santa Fe, NM. Happy I'm leaving; I just need to finish up a few things here and pack up.

Mal: Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a little plastic rocket...

Posts: 896 | Location: city of fallen angels ;) | Registered: March 13, 2006Report This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
sooma welcome to freedom and thanks Q

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never lived in a communist state (though I commute to one for work), but I want to say this is an awesome Karma you're doing.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Q...best 4th ever!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
sooma welcome to freedom and thanks Q

Thanks, love this place

Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
Having moved to TN in 2014 from NJ this karma is an excellent bonus for those in their exodus now, however the quality of life improvement I have gained after moving from that cess pool of corruption is all the blessing I could ask for. Hats off to you 12131 for holding a karma like this.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
Radio Free America Announcer: It's 11:59 on Radio Free America; this is Uncle Sam, with music, and the truth until dawn. Right now I've got a few words for some of our brothers and sisters in the occupied zone: "the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, American, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
sooma, requirements met. All proper documentations received. Your P228 goes out after July 4th. Congrats. Cool

Syngin1066, RI is not on the commie list. I'm sorry, man. Frown

oddball, still have not heard or received anything from you. Confused

Just wanted to say a great big thank you to Q. It arrived at my FFL on Friday, but I was out on the river trying unsuccessfully to murder some trout. Picked it up yesterday and what a beauty! Now I gotta find a nice holster to make it a proper BBQ gun.

Q, as I said in my email, I have no words but thank you.

posted Hide Post
Just had my offer accepted for a house in Grovetown, GA for my last duty station I will serve at in the Army. I close next month, and can't wait to move out of Maryland (I work in DC) and go back to the land of the free. It's been odd living here and having so many of my weapons that I've owned for years not be legal here. I will be happy to retrieve the rest of my firearms from my mom's house in Florida. Really can't wait to be able to legally carry a pistol after being disarmed like this. So happy to join this club once again.

posted Hide Post
Moved from Maryland to our new house in Georgia! So glad to be away from the craziness up north and able to actually have normal firearms and conceal.

Living up in the DMV was interesting but never again will I live in a state that restricts my freedom .

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Moved too soon. My family left SoCal in 1964. I was in 9th grade. But I do have a mid 90s 228. Smile

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Congratulations PZ. I hope you enjoy your new found freedoms and may all our members one day soon enjoy those freedoms in all 50 states.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
PZ, shoot me an email when you're ready.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Wife and I fled CA last May. We are now settled in Clarksville TN. I love free America! Id love to be entered in this extremely generous karma! I dont have my CA drivers license as the TN DMV took it when I got my TN license. I do have my passport and my Sheriffs Dept. ID (Alameda Co. SO in the San Francisco East Bay)

Thanks again
Jaycat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jaycat,

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Report This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Not in for the karma, but just celebrated my 14th year living in NC (moved from MA). Thanks Q for all you do and good luck and congrats to all eligible contestants.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Report This Post