SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    July Karma!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July Karma!!! Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
I hope everyone is having a great summer. I just want to say how grateful I am to be a part of this community. I've been blessed with great friendships, wisdom and laughter here. Enough with the sappy stuff Smile

Here's July's Karma. To enter tell us 1 good thing that has come from Sig Forum for you personally.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Unlucky #1. Thanks as always, David.
Hard to pick just one good thing, but I'd have to say the virtual home I feel that I have, with like minded folks, here on the net. I'm here every day, even if I choose not to post often. It's an oasis of sanity.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Sigforum taught me about Sigs. And guns in general. More than that it is the best place to see truly like minded people that isn’t an echo chamber. In this day and age, I don’t know how Para does it.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The one thing is actually having met over 3 dozen members.

Blessings beyond words.

Thank you for offering another Karma.

My olde eyes can see those numbers! Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
I have learned a great deal about Sigs, picked up some great firearms from my fellow members, learned some great recipes and gotten new friends.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I won your December 2010 Karma, thanks again!

At ten and a half years old it still looks and keeps time, as well as when new.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Warhorse,

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sense of community with fellow members.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. I have had the fortune of meeting some wonderful people in-person here on SigForum and have helped some out and some have helped me out.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
SF has allowed me to "meet" some great members such as yourself and Mr. Yarchin. I was able to physically meet some great members at the Ocala meet n greet a few years ago.

I love me some DLC watches. This definitely intrigues me. My Luminox 4221 ANU from your gets worn constantly. Really like the Breitling Avenger Blackbird.

Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Lots of knowledge and laughs. Thanks to all, especially Para.

And thanks, Dave, for a chance at that great looking watch.

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
One of the best looking Citizens. Thanks!

For me, getting connected to honest folks for knowledge, advice, goods, and services.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
I have become more knowledgeable about guns and other personal subjects.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Nice karma, I'm in.

The best thing about SigForum is the community of like minded people who are like family. Accepting, but not afraid to tell you what you need to hear.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Please include me.

The best thing I've gotten from SF is the forum members, learning that there are lots of sane folks of great character that aren't intimidated or overwhelmed by our increasingly crazy world. This certainly includes Dave, with whom I've had off-forum business dealings of a spectacular and delightful nature, but it never would have happened without SF.

Posts: 6464 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Dave, this place has provided me a ton of wisdom about various things over the years. Thanks for allowing me to join in this generous offer for a beautiful watch.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duke of Detroit
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Timepiece! Please include me in this Karma. Thank you!

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas

Posts: 1047 | Location: Detroit, MICHIGAN | Registered: May 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, great Karma. I've learned tons of useful information from this forum and not just about Sigs. I've been on here a while and generally read, more than I post. Really do appreciate this community.

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Count me in. Being a member of this forum really expanded my knowledge base when it comes to firearms.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Karma! Please add me to the list.

It's hard to name just one thing, but something that's maybe less obvious that I know I've gotten from SigForum has actually been a ton of good advice on various home improvement and repair projects over the years. No matter the issue, there's at least one subject matter expert here who's willing to help out. It's probably saved me a bucketful of money over the years.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me in the Karma. And thanks for doing this!

I am constantly amazed at the breadth of information that is available to members of the forum. I find great enjoyment in checking how long it takes a random question to be answered, and I often laugh out loud how quickly the responses come in.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post