SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    July Karma!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July Karma!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the opportunity for a great watch.

The forum has been a great source of information on Sigs. Became a Sig fan only a few years ago after gaining more knowledge on Sigs.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Please count me in for that beauty.
This forum has good honest people something you
don't find often anymore.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That’s a very nice looking timepiece Dave, thank you for the opportunity. I’ve learned so much from the forum, the biggest is that there is no place like it, the members here are an extended family, and that gives me hope!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance! There have been many but two that come to mind are advice that I got from Brad that saved me a ton of money and a heads up from Warhorse about MSP selling Sigs that allowed me to spend some of that money!

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a gorgeous timepiece, please count me in. What I like about the Sig forum is how a gun forum is not afraid to talk politics. Plus there are LOTS of really smart people on here with advice on almost any subject.

Posts: 419 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
Nice looking watch. Please add me. Thanks, Dave.
For me personally, I consider the members of this forum as the friends I haven't met yet. There hasn't been a question, I've asked here that hasn't been answered.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Please and thank you.
Hope everyone’s summer is going well.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thezoltar
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Thanks for another great Karma!

======
...welcome to the barnyard...some animals are more equal than others

Posts: 952 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in, The Sig forum is the cracker barrel at the general store or bench at the gas station of times past of which at age 83 I still fondly remember and sorely miss.and at my age I still feel like the kid who needs to keep my mouth shut and absorb the collective wisdom and knowledge shared here;thanks to ALL,Ron

Posts: 8 | Registered: July 12, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'd like to be included in the Karma.

Knowledge. It's amazing how much I've learned about so many diverse topics. Thanks to all who contribute.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance Dave! I bought a couple of Sigs back in the day as my first firearms. I Wanted to learn more about guns. A dozen years and three dozen guns later here I am. God bless the forum. I have learn so much!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Please add me in for a chance at your generous karma.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I can reduce it down to just on specific thing, it's been more of a general, daily ebb and flow of little things that happen in life.

Please add me. Thanks!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Sigforum started as a way for me to learn about the guns I was most attracted to when I reached gun buying age.

I got that, but I also found a community of like-minded people from incredibly diverse backgrounds. A gun forum that somehow isn't about the guns. A group of people who would bend over backwards to help me if I was ever in trouble, even though I haven't met many of them in person.

That's what's kept me here all these years as I've found myself inactive on any number of other gun forums I joined at the same time.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Just 1 good thing??? There are many good advice, karma, laughs, getting to know good people, etc. that came to me from SigForum.

But the 1 best thing was reading and responding to SigForum posts carried me through a pretty mentally rough part of my working career. I was able to focus away from things I didn't like to think about because I could not do anything about them anyway at the time.

That's priceless and certainly cost me a lot less than having to see a therapist.

Thanks for the chance, David, more so for the chance of thinking what SigForum means to me.

As I was sharing with friends on my official goodbye trip to California, if I knew how I would end up now many years ago, people would have been able to write books about me then and the title would "Faith Overwhelming" instead of "Faith Overwhelmed."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
nice, thank you.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
My beloved Maggie. A GSP who was generously given away by a board member here because she was gunshy. Only wanted a pet and she is just a tremendous dog. She was about 4 when this picture was taken, she is now 14 - somewhat arthritic, but in otherwise good health.

Thanks Dave.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1450 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, thanks for the karma opportunity!

One thing I've enjoyed is finding a like minded forum where much is shared and sometimes argued.

And I met some cool members at a So Cal dinner you hosted. And my daughter-in-law loves her wedding and engagement rings!

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I met you Dave!!!

My family that lives near you use Mimi's for their jewelry needs thanks to SIGforum.

Thanks for the chance.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance Dave!

This place has introduced me to many good people, both in person, and virtually.
The depth of knowledge here, and the willingness to share it is amazing.
There is a level of selflessness/community here that I've not seen in any of the many forums I've frequented over the years. Many of the members offer advice or even tangible good without hesitation, to those in need. The outpouring of generosity I've seen here is staggering at times.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post