SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    July Karma!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July Karma!!! Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Please count me in.

A few years ago my wife and I were in a really tough spot financially. During a Christmas Karma, I was [very] fortunate enough to win a cash karma. This was, literally, the difference between a Christmas dinner and not.

That is when I was truly able to appreciate the kindness of unknown (and sometimes imaginary) friends.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
I'm in...thank you, kind sir.

SIGforum has helped me learn lots of things (both directly and also by steering me to the right sources) about topics and subjects which I previously knew very little about.

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Please count me in, and thanks for your generosity for this place.

One good thing? That's tough beans. But the first of many that come to mind, is that the forum delivers the goods on news you can use and releases me from sifting through the creek of the lame stream media and their GDC overlords. In fact during the recent (and still ongoing) unpleasantness in the formerly beautiful city of Seattle, I was getting better scoop here than I was from the on-site news pukes.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better lucky than good
Picture of r2mach1
posted Hide Post
Ooo wow is that cool! Please include my name, sir.

Class III FFL/SOT firearms dealer

Posts: 3645 | Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
It was here I first learned that shaving cream is a racket. I have not wasted any more money or time on shaving cream in a decade.

Please enter me this monrth, and thank you, Mr. Truong, for your continuing generosity.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance, Dave.

The kindness received when my wife passed in 2010. This place kept me together even thou we never personally met.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Ive been here almost 17 years. I feel like this place has calmed me down over the years. A nice place to come relax for the night, before going to bed.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The one thing is actually having met over 3 dozen members.

Blessings beyond words.

Thank you for offering another Karma.

My olde eyes can see those numbers! Big Grin

You didn't win the July Karma, but you get one too! Olde eyes suck! I can't go anywhere without a pair of readers. Please send me your address to david@mimisjewelryinc.com

Dave, your generosity is truly remarkable!

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Sorry, late to the party. I love this place. The members couldn't be nicer or more helpful. Also there a lot of laughs to be had here. BTW, Orange is one of my 2 favorite colors with Yellow being the other. Many thanks Dave for another GENEROUS Karma. John.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the generous Karma, Dave. The Sig Forum has become my go-to place when I need advice because of the tremendous knowledge base we have.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
May I jump in as July comes to a close... two take-aways to list. I learned humility in playing in on this board based on the behavior rules established here. A tighter and more respectful ship than is run on other boards. Next is the gift of meeting Dave Truong, who made a custom ruby and diamond platinum ring for my wife per my general guidelines, as a gift to her for allowing me to spend a year at Embassy Baghdad in 2017. Thanks Dave!

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I've learned that there is always someone there.

Sigforum has been my slice of home being away for all these years.

Thank you for your generosity!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The one thing is actually having met over 3 dozen members.

Blessings beyond words.

Thank you for offering another Karma.

My olde eyes can see those numbers! Big Grin

You didn't win the July Karma, but you get one too! Olde eyes suck! I can't go anywhere without a pair of readers. Please send me your address to david@mimisjewelryinc.com

Dave.
Thank you so much.
Your generosity is beyond measure.
Smile
The watch will be a reminder to keep you and your family in prayer and blessing.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incredibly generous of you!!!

Please count me in.

This forum allowed me to reconnect with friends who had moved away.

Posts: 275 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
David please count me in and thank you.

SF has constantly reminded me of how important it is to remember to be kind to one another..on a daily basis. My first Drivers Ed teacher taught us to do at least one nice thing behind the wheel every day, be it allowing someone to merge in front of you or giving up a parking spot you were about to use etc.

I try to remember that and this forum reminds me of that philosophy.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I can see the numbers!

Thank you! again, Dave.

I will think of you, any time I see this. Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought and sold a few things here.
My number one most positive experience is being able to follow JALLEN while he was here with us. I wish I had been able to meet him.

Please enter me into this Karma, that's a neat looking watch.
Thanks,
Billy

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Please throw my name in the hat.

When I joined the forum approximately 14 years ago, I knew next to nothing about guns & ammo, etc. Now I know a little more than I did then. Smile

Thanks for the chance.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Our July Karma winner is: pawprintsdoc

please email me at david@mimisjewelryinc.com! Thank you everyone for playing.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dave. You're a solid citizen, no pun intended.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post