SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Wear a Wrist Watch
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Wear a Wrist Watch Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Twenty years ago, maybe a bit more, my wife wanted to give me a nice watch for my birthday. She decided on a Rolex. I did not want an expensive one, so just a plain stainless model, no frills, just a simple face with time and date.

I don't wear it on work days, don't want to get it scratched up.

My work day watches are an inexpensive Casio and a Timex.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do. I like to have a good watch, but I do not have more than one at a time and I have no aching desire for an expensive one. I have had a black Luminox with steel band and a blue dial for the last 3 years or so.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to things like watches. I'm still wearing the $50 Seiko that I bought 20+ years ago. Just swap in a new battery every now and then and it's good to go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I wear my Apple Watch to work since it auto unlocks my MacBook. I wear a cheap timex digital while I'm on duty at the rescue squad. Outside of those timeframes, it's hit or miss if I wear one.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I do have a nice Citizen I got from The SIGForum Jeweler (Thanks, Dave) but since I retired I don't wear it.

Never really got into wearing watches as my jobs usually involved high voltage or rotating mechanical devices, or both and it was unwise to wear any jewelry, including (perhaps especially) rings.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
My daily watch is a Citizen Skyhawk Blue Angels Edition in Titanium. It's an analog/digital combo with radio syncing. Best watch I've ever had.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I wear cheap digital watches that cost $20 or less on my left wrist with face on the inside. I break watches a lot at work. I am fond of the big face watches as they hurt people if I need to box someone’s head during work, the watch does extra.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Currently I'm wearing my G-Shock G-2900.

http://www.100sporta.ru/upload...o_g-shock_g-2900.jpg

I have a G-8000 reverse face I wear about as much.

http://img1.kakaku.k-img.com/i...cale/K0000100841.jpg

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Started wearing a watch daily about about 8yrs ago when I got into outdoor sports; my daily is still a Seiko Orange Monster has a few scratches but reliable and larger face is easy to read in low-light.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
24/7 here. I've owned 4 watches since 1973 and they all have been Seiko's. My current one is solar and I love the fact that I don't have to deal with batteries any more.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I wear the Citizen titanium watch our very own timekeeper had a blow out sale on Fall of 2016.

Wear it all the time, even when sleeping.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I wear mine at all times except when I'm in the shower. I don't like having to pull out my cell to see the time. Watches are strictly utilitarian to me, so I wear a Casio G-Shock that synchronizes every day with the atomic clock so it is exactly accurate.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
A pinched nerve in my neck caused nerve damage in my left hand and wrist so I don't like the way a watch feels anymore. I don't want to wear one on my right hand, either.

I used to wear one all the time, even while showering and sleeping. Now, I just put one on when I leave the house.

My two everyday watches are a Casio Sport Pathfinder PAW-1100 3043 and a Casio G-Shock GW-300 2608.

I've got a Longines and a Tag Hueur, but I rarely wear those.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
GShock 5600. Takes a beating and keeps on going. Saw a special around Xmas time for $28, but usually closer to $50.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My everyday watch is a Breitling all black limited edition big heavy built like a tank. My dressier one is a breitling super ocean my wife bought me upon my return from Iraq

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a green Seiko 5 every day. If I have to dress up, I switch to an old Seiko black & gold watch.

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I do wear a watch daily. At work it’s. Simple ani-digi G-Show. Otherwise it’s depends on dress, occasion, etc... most of my watches are automatic but I do have 2 quartz Seiko’s. I have watches from $80 all the way up to $7-8k. I am a watch, gun, and car guy so.....

I have a couple more that I keep in the safe. My favorite daily watches are probably my Omega Planet Ocean and my Fortis B42.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always, Seiko kinetic I got over 20 years ago in college. It had to go back once when the movement gummed up for some reason after 10+ years of wear. Casio G shock I bought in the PX in Afghanistan for that deployment that I use to time runs (to be replaced by a high end gps/heart rate fitness watch soon)

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't wear watches. In my work they are a snag and shock hazard. And when not working I don't want to keep track of it. But I always have a cell phone with me, and it has a clock.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Almost everyday for 10 years now.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post