SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sam Brinton Our Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Office of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition in the U.S. Department of Energy Charged With Stealing..
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam Brinton Our Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Office of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition in the U.S. Department of Energy Charged With Stealing.. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

...I'm thinking that some digging into his background will show other incidents that are consistent with this type of behavior...

I'm curious about his clearance level at DOE. A Secret may not have revealed his, er...oddities, but a Top Secret (TS) with a background investigation (BI) certainly would. However, it would not surprise me if high levels of the Biden administration directed the TS to go through anyhow.

Posts: 15928 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

...I'm thinking that some digging into his background will show other incidents that are consistent with this type of behavior...

I'm curious about his clearance level at DOE. A Secret may not have revealed his, er...oddities, but a Top Secret (TS) with a background investigation (BI) certainly would. However, it would not surprise me if high levels of the Biden administration directed the TS to go through anyhow.

Not sure how long he was in his position, his clearance may have been an interim one while they completed the background. Behaviors like this don't normally suddenly surface. I'm betting previous incidences, because of his gender fluidity, have been swept under the rug.

Posts: 7025 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson’s monologue revolved around this clown tonight. It’s gonna be so great when adults are back in charge again.

Posts: 13335 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They'll look at this guy's/its/whatever the fuck it is itinerary for the last year and check it against thefts at those airports.

Serve a warrant at his house, work, storage facility and compare what was stolen against what they find.

Someone should close a whole bunch of cases.

Posts: 7025 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
some details about Las Vegas incident

https://www.8newsnow.com/inves...-airport-police-say/

An energy department official was caught on camera stealing luggage at Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas this summer, according to an arrest warrant the 8 News Now Investigators obtained.

The felony warrant was issued Thursday, Dec. 8, for Sam Brinton, a deputy assistant secretary, the 8 News Now Investigators first reported. The charge is for grand larceny with a value between $1,200 and $5,000.

A woman who had traveled from Dulles International Airport to Reid airport on July 6 said she could not locate a piece of her luggage that she had checked with United Airlines. She filed a police report four days later. The luggage was described as gray with a hard shell, and an “Away” brand “Bigger Carry-On” model valued at $320, documents said.

The woman told police her stolen property had a total value of more than $3,670, and included jewelry, makeup, contact lenses and clothing, documents said.

A Las Vegas Metropolitan police officer reviewed surveillance video and “observed several nonverbal cues, or body language anomalies, from the suspect, which caught his attention,” according to the warrant.

“Specifically, Brinton pulled the victim’s luggage from the carousel and examined the tag. Then placed it back on the carousel, looking in all directions for anyone who might be watching, or might approach. Pulling it back off the carousel and demonstrating the same behavior by looking around before walking away with it quickly,” the warrant said.

Police reviewed possible leads but were unsuccessful in identifying the suspect until an officer saw a news article in November identifying Sam Brinton as a suspect in luggage theft at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport on Sept. 16.

Photos in the news stories matched the suspect in the Las Vegas luggage theft, according to the warrant.

Detectives found Brinton’s Instagram page with a post dated July 6, the same day of the theft, according to police.

“Thank you to @americannuclear for selling such a great shirt for me to wear on my flight today,” the post said. “My professional society continues to grow and learn and I’m proud of them. Goodness how we have changed since my service as a chapter president and then on the National Board of Directors. #NuclearPride.”

The white T-shirt in Brinton’s selfie with a large rainbow atomic nuclear symbol design on the front matched the airport surveillance video, police said.

Posts: 19637 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The really unsettling part is thinking about what this creep does with the contents of the women's luggage.

Posts: 17320 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
So apparently when it is in the mood for a little luggage larceny he leaves the clown suit and make up behind. Looks like he could almost blend in with John Q.Public in that picture.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8547 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The really unsettling part is thinking about what this creep does with the contents of the women's luggage.

Like...trying the clothes on and adding them to his wardrobe?

This asshole is shopping. He'll likely give an excuse that he has no time and under so much pressure so he can't go out and shop for the women's clothing he wants or, he'll more likely talk about the 'stigma' he feels when he goes into the women's dept and boutiques. Roll Eyes There's no doubt, shit heads like this will attempt to flip the issue and attempt to frame this as being a 'victim of circumstance'.

Posts: 14748 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The unsettling part is that this is a high level official in the Office of Nuclear Energy, who has security clearance. I couldn't care less what drives his sexual fantasies. Did you notice the hashtag on his IG post the day of the heist? "#NuclearPride"

Let that sink in.

Posts: 107944 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And the DOE has so far refused to fire this fruitcake Roll Eyes

Posts: 33987 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
And the DOE has so far refused to fire this fruitcake Roll Eyes

Probably took the Biden administration a while to find one person to check so many boxes as this freak so they aren’t letting him go easily.
Where do they go to find a replacement?

Posts: 9603 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
He has no way of knowing if he's stealing a mans or women's luggage. He's a common thief only without the brains. Besides gender is non existent to him he can wear whatever he can steal. It's like a grab bag every time he steals. He must feel like Christmas morning when he gets back to his hotel room to see whats in the bag.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8547 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hide Post
He has no way of knowing if he's stealing a mans or women's luggage.

^^^^^^^^^^
Not everything is unisex. Womens luggage is often quite distinctive.

Posts: 17320 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he knows what he's looking for, which suggests he's been at this for some time. Probably, he can tell you about women's designer luggage in great detail.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hide Post
He has no way of knowing if he's stealing a mans or women's luggage.

^^^^^^^^^^
Not everything is unisex. Womens luggage is often quite distinctive.

Yup. I remembered the first article I read said the bag from MSP was a designer bag. I looked it up and then looked at that designers bags and many of them are pretty clearly women’s bags. And this Sam Brinton fellow seems like the kind of person who would be able to identify designer stuff and know how valuable the item might be. Also if someone has designer luggage they costs over 2k, I’d say it’s a good bet they have designer clothes inside that bag.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AND the story says he checked the tag, then put the bag back, looked around, then did it all again and left with the bag.

Assume the tag had a woman's name on it, which is why he checked.

Posts: 4755 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am hoping that his job handling nuclear waste is sitting at a desk all day thinking of which airport he will visit. I agree it is unsettling, but look at the others, Mayorkas comes to mind.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The consensus seems to be that he'll never see a day in jail. Yeah, they said that about Jussie Smollett, too.

Jail time or no, this freakish klepto needs to lose his government job. I realize the Biden administration doesn't care how clownish they look and how much of an embarrassment they are, but this is coming to a point that even they can see that this freak is a liability all around.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The white T-shirt in Brinton’s selfie with a large rainbow atomic nuclear symbol design on the front matched the airport surveillance video, police said.

And look at the freakazoid- no cocktail evening dress for ripping off luggage. Jeans and t-shirt.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16780 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Even a person with minimal intelligence has to know that airports have security cameras EVERYWHERE that at some point will record a thief’s actions. The fact that this mincing little freak either doesn’t figure this out or doesn’t care is more than a little alarming when you know that he has oversight over highly sensitive spent nuclear fuel. I cannot understand why republicans aren’t screaming bloody murder over this. It’s almost as if they want to see how this plays out.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15662 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post