SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Is Eagle Pass, Texas, the new Fort Sumter? Probably not, but it’s still important.

What’s playing out on the Texas border is enormously consequential. It represents a stand-off between the states and the federal government in a way unseen in America since 1860. However, I don’t think we’re going to see a new Fort Sumter because the federal government is clearly in the wrong and because people across America hate what the Biden administration is doing. Moreover, it was Biden himself who paved the way for ignoring the Supreme Court.

(more...)

https://www.americanthinker.co...still_important.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24683 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to X and watch the video.

https://twitter.com/ManhattanM.../1749919462407495824

Posts: 13167 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
It represents a stand-off between the states and the federal government in a way unseen in America since 1860. However, I don’t think we’re going to see a new Fort Sumter because the federal government is clearly in the wrong and because people across America hate what the Biden administration is doing. Moreover, it was Biden himself who paved the way for ignoring the Supreme Court.

Yes, the pink elephant in the room is state rights vs. federal government. And in a way, it is a huge MAGA moment for 2024. Exit polls in New Hampshire and Iowa revealed illegal immigration and the economy as the top two issues with voters, nothing else comes close.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Just saw that map on X and was thinking, what up MS? Razz

Edit:
Ted Cruz just re-posted that tweet from above with the caption:
"Fact check: true." Smile

And you can add Iowa, Ohio, South Carolina, and Tennesee...

And Mississippi.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stoic-one,

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6374 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Denver hospital system is turning away local residents because it is flooded with migrant visits...

Denver Health At "Critical Point" As 8,000 Migrants Make 20,000 Emergency Visits

I'd be pissed if I had to take a sick child to the hospital and was turned away because of all these illegal invaders.

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Texas A.G. Ken Paxton explains what is going on now, and in the coming weeks.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure wish that Az. would join Texas, but with our Gov. it is not likely to happen. If Kari Lake was our Gov., it would already have happened!!

Posts: 6732 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

Arizona, New Mexico, CA, conspicuously absent from supporting Texas, yet they are the only other states sharing a border with Mexico. Gee, I wonder why...

Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I sure wish that Az. would join Texas, but with our Gov. it is not likely to happen. If Kari Lake was out Gov., it would already have happened!!

Fraudulent elections have consequences Mad.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Roy Cooper(D-NC), is going to be standing on an island. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6374 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Dear Detroit:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

NH is an island...And we're ready to defend it! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

NH is an island...And we're ready to defend it! Wink
Cool

NRA Benefactor

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
“We must hang together or hang, together.”

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32120 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
So a question comes to mind. Is this "letter of support" just that, or is there more behind it? Reason I ask is, I have a friend living in San Antonio who tells me that at least one or two other states are committing NG troops to stand alongside the Texas NG.

Posts: 7442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fuck Illinois! Mad

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9386 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Go to X and watch the video.

https://twitter.com/ManhattanM.../1749919462407495824

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1749919462407495824" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 673px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: 50% 20px; background-size: 300px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I saw that one time I think on Jesse Waters and then no more. My first thought is someone must have pulled it so that they don't spook him or so that he gets a false sense of self security and messes up. It was strange to me because usually they will play a clip like that to death.

Posts: 3813 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post