SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the reporter, or who he works for, but he did an interview on the Mexican side of the border. He interviewed a group from India. He asked what is your destination. They answered in English. When he asked well how did you get here? They didn't understand English anymore.

I would like to learn how they traveled to Mexico. And, why they didn't want to answer that question.

Posts: 7646 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Short of deportation, I say urban homesteading.

Detroit has no shortage of abandon housing. Deed them a house, stipulations of learn English, public service, maintain employment and improve the property. Fail to do so, eviction and deportation. It would be one way of improving the blight of Detroit.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11880 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^I think the whiners call that gentrification. The complaints being that they can’t afford the increased property values of erasing the ghetto with improvements.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
It is their plan.

Recently, there was a post about a kidnapping in Arizona. When the cops caught up to the kidnappers, the recently deceased bad guy had an UMP sub machine gun on him. No one in the media seems to want to ask where the gun came from, or what was in the Pelican case at his feet.

Today, it’s some full auto stuff. Tomorrow, (realistically in the next year or two) it will be RPGs and grenades.

The problem is the useful idiots are idiots. They believe that this stuff is bought and sold by Republicans at gun shows.

I have no faith they’ll see any light that isn’t the train about to hit them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37156 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I don't remember the reporter, or who he works for, but he did an interview on the Mexican side of the border. He interviewed a group from India. He asked what is your destination. They answered in English. When he asked well how did you get here? They didn't understand English anymore.

I would like to learn how they traveled to Mexico. And, why they didn't want to answer that question.

In 2023, the Customs and U.S. Border Protection caught almost 25,000 Chinese nationals crossing the Mexican border into the U.S., compared to 2000 arrests last year. Who knows how many thousands have made it through. Also illegals from the Middle East have entered the U.S. illegally in record numbers this year as well. The Biden administration is really pining for a terrorist attack in this country, they could taste it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Back in the mid 70's I managed an auto parts store in the 7 mile and Livernois area of Detroit, across the street from Sherwood Forest. Those are some very big homes and perfect for the migrants. Those people that take in the migrants probably don't realize it but they are going to be in for the long haul.

Just curious, which store? 71-72 I worked in parts at Packer Pontiac, 18650 Livernois.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Shovelhead, the company I worked for was Eastern Auto Parts and it was a yellow/black building. We were across the street from Porterfield Wilson.
I remember some parts of Livernois north of 7 mile, some businesses had carpeting on the sidewalk in front of the store. They didn't call it the avenue of fashion for nothing back then.

Posts: 5341 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Eastern must have opened after I left Packer. After I left in 72 the next time I went there was in 73 when I needed a ring and pinion gear set for my daily driver and they had a set of 3.73’s and as I broke mine I couldn’t wait to order a set.

Bill Packer and his father opened that dealership in either 46 or 48. At the time I worked there while the neighborhood was nice there were cracks in the facade, a lot of petty crime but pretty balsey at times. Before I started there two guys stole a console color TV out of the showroom in the middle of the afternoon while people were watching it waiting for their cars in the shop! Car thieves would steal cars right out of our service department while techs were working on them! I made the decision to leave when the general manager berated a coworker and I because we didn’t chase a thief that grabbed a part off the counter and ran down Livernois, my life was worth more than that part.

Bill Packer was quite the Detroit booster. He founded The Hundred Club, a group of businessmen in the city that supported the families of police and firefighters (later expanded to the metro area) killed in the line of duty. When I worked there he started a campaign in response to businesses and residents leaving the city post 67 riots “Detroit I’m Here For Good”, well until he was allowed by GM to move his existing franchise to Auburn Heights (Hills today) just outside of the city of Pontiac and Porterfield Wilson who was in a smaller facility about seven miles away bought the building and moved his franchise to that location around 1976.

After Mr.Wilson died in 88-89 GM took over the store on a temporary basis and named it Palmer Pontiac after Palmer Park. When GM decided to pull the plug I was working on the weekends as labor for an inventory company contracted to GM. As we arrived we were directed to park inside the building by armed guards. As the neighborhood had gotten so bad by then we were instructed to not go outside for any reason, lunch would be brought in to us and to leave the area as quickly as possible when we finished.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that history of the auto business in Detroit. We were fortunate that we never had any problems with the customers coming to our establishment. I stayed there for about 2 yrs. then got a job with Holley carburetor in the aftermarket group.

Posts: 5341 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Imagine traveling thousands of miles from a hopeless decaying town/city somewhere in Central/South America… only to end up in Detroit.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3471 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^There's no place like home... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Utter Insanity of Joe Biden’s Open Border

https://amgreatness.com/2024/0...-bidens-open-border/

By Victor Davis Hanson / January 2, 2024

Posts: 13010 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Replacement theory isn't a theory.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
There’s a book that was IIRC written in the 1970’s called The Camp of the Saints which is pretty out there and in some cases outright racist but I read a synopsis of it and it seems like the plot is unfolding in real time.

Hint: it doesn’t end well for Western countries

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Governor Dimples just asked Massachusetts residents to do the same thing:

https://www.boston25news.com/n...HEFF3XERMMANHYSZCBQ/

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Governor Dimples just asked Massachusetts residents to do the same thing:

The audacity (or stupidity) amazes me:

"Governor Healey is hoping the emergency declaration will provide more federal funding, and expedite work permits for immigrants."

You are hoping that your emergency declaration with create a stronger draw to your state? Giving them money and jobs WILL NOT dissuade them from coming. Don't call it a crisis if it's by fucking design.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21094 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Maybe we need to alter this:

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6400 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiMy5WD2ZrM

Posts: 13010 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

This stupid fucking narrative needs to be checked.

Countless elections stolen in the last three decades...Open your eyes.

Watch a red state turn blue in your lifetime, I did.

Posts: 5224 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post