SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain Your Handle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain Your Handle Login/Join 
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
I was in the custom garment mfg trade. the old term for such folks was Ragman. Garment mfg was known for many years as "the rag trade".

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

Shortly thereafter, I went under the knife and low and behold had a tumor and 10" of my colon removed.

So you went in with a colon, and came out with a semicolon?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I won the Mister Minnesota Over 50 Body Building title 21 years ago. Not such a big deal now. Wink

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
My last name starts with a pronunciation of " air". Originally picked as my AOL login, if that gives a sense of duration.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Franklin Edward=Fredward

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Rogue - a playfully mischievous person; a rascal; a loveable scoundrel.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
the movie the jackyl. However, I spelled it wrong about 18 years ago. Declan mcQueen is richard geres part he was an IRA sniper. I was the sniper position on a video game.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

Shortly thereafter, I went under the knife and low and behold had a tumor and 10" of my colon removed.

So you went in with a colon, and came out with a semicolon?

Jallen,
We can always count on your wit. Smile
Awesome

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Come visit my house.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Report This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'm a Colorado Avalanche fan. One of my favorite players on the first cup team was a defenceman Alexei Gusarov. The foot thing used to be the shoulder patch on the jersey. His nickname was Goose, and he wore the number 5. While he was selected 213th in the 88 draft he was no fourth line skater. Top pair with Adam Foote usually.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Report This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I don't have the tools but if you need a car fender made I can do it.

Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I've always found George Constanza's stated life ambition "I've always wanted to pretend to be an architect" to be "slacker profound," and thus very amusing -- how much more so is it to emulate such a statement? There's another thing, the job title "network architect" is another thing with which I have much familiarity, and also find amusing for reasons that are not too different from the first. I don't expect anyone to understand, I kind of hope most people don't!

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Report This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
I'm old and I was in the Navy.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
For over 40 years I have been a Ruger Blackhawk fan...my favorite model is the Bisley incarnation in .45 Colt Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty boring.
First name, last initial.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Come visit my house.

Nice !!!

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
First name plus DOB.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Came up with mine in the first days of eBay and Yahoo! Mail. I wanted something unique, easy to remember, and without numbers or symbols.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Completely random name created to play video games 15-20 years ago. No other significance.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post