SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sports team or teams that you enjoy seeing lose and why
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sports team or teams that you enjoy seeing lose and why Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I almost never root for the Eagles, but I hate Seattle more. Somebody is going to have to go to Lambeau next Sunday (forecast about 35F).

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, the neighborhood is now a warzone and people are in their cars laying on their horns. I was hoping for silence.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ ????
What neighborhood
Thanks

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Well, as I expected a lot of Bama hate. I think you Auburn guys are just hanging around the wrong Bama fans. Cool

College football: Notre Dame
College basketball: Duke

NFL: not really a fan of any team, but I do enjoy watching all of the Bama players on various NFL teams.

NBA: Any team on which Chris Paul plays.

MLB: Boston Red Sox

Thanks,

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, as I expected a lot of Bama hate. I think you Auburn guys are just hanging around the wrong Bama fans.

Some of my best friends and a few relatives are bammers.

I like one of them.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12458 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The Dallas Cowgirls. I enjoy seeing them lose because I will never forgive Jerry Jones for pushing out my coach, Jimmy Johnson, after he won us 2 back to back Superbowls. This past season's utter failure with the best or most talented team in the NFL, was nothing but a win for me. I hate you Jerry. Glad you built that monstrosity in Arlington too. Jerry Jones is an asshole.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12661 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
SF Giants.

Ima Dodger fan. And I still feel Roseboro's pain

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6328 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Denver and am still a Broncos fan. So, I enjoy seeing any AFC West team (other than Denver) take a loss.

Gotta admit, no real love for the Patriots or Dallas so I'll add them to the list as well.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4888 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I've been holding off responding to this thread because the team I dislike the most (I don't like the word "hate") is in a sport I no longer pay attention to: American football.

For decades, I was a fan of the Washington Redskins. Some of you may remember when they were a professional football team. But they, and the NFL, have become a mockery of sports in general, and football in particular, so I've changed my focus to my first sports love, baseball. That's for the OTHER thread!

But, having been a Redskins fan for so long, I grew a natural (it seems to me) distaste for the Dallas Cowboys. Oh, I respected Tom Landry as a head coach, but little else in that team drew my admiration.

And the Cowboys-Redskins rivalry was one of the NFL's best. I remember standing in RFK Stadium on January 22, 1983 as the 'Skins were preparing to play the 'Boys for the NFC Championship. The stadium literally shook as the capacity crowd chanted (bellowed?) "We want Dallas!" They got them, in a memorable game that led to the Redskins winning their first Super Bowl championship.

When owner Jack Kent Cooke died and his family was unable to retain control of the team, Daniel Snyder swooped in a took over. Snyder, who grew up as a fan, proved he was clueless about running an NFL franchise, and the team fell into disrepair. The team once had a 22-year waiting list for season tickets. These days, they can't give them away.

So, I pay very little attention to the likes of the Krappernicks and what has become the National Felons League. But deep inside my monkey brain, I still harbor a dislike for the Dallas Cowboys, and just crack a little smile when I hear they've lost.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
^^^^^ ????
What neighborhood
Thanks

Seattle suburb. I posted that right after they beat the Eagles in the wildcard playoff. Hoping for silence on Sunday. Big Grin

Posts: 17231 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Chicago Bears. I LOVE watching them lose.

Well you sure got your money's worth the last couple of seasons. Razz

I forgot to add to my earlier post: The Cubbies.

Growing up on the south side of Chicago, learning to hate the Cubs was a coming of age requirement. As I've gotten older, it's their fans more than the team I can't stand. Nothing says poseur more than Gen Xers and Millennials, decked out in Cubbie hats and jerseys, who root for the team because it's fashionable yet they know next to nothing about baseball.

I forgot to mention the Cubs? Shame on me. I agree 1000 percent with your comments.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Growing up on the south side of Chicago, learning to hate the Cubs was a coming of age requirement. As I've gotten older, it's their fans more than the team I can't stand. Nothing says poseur more than Gen Xers and Millennials, decked out in Cubbie hats and jerseys, who root for the team because it's fashionable yet they know next to nothing about baseball.

^^^^^^^^^
Yeah. I remember when nobody went to the Cubs games. I watched them as a kid because there was nothing on Chicago TV during the summer except for soap operas and educational TV{ in those days some guy in a short sleeve white shirt and tie doing Algebra on a chalkboard. Even the bleachers were empty. Jack Brickhouse however was entertaining.

Posts: 17284 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post