SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sports team or teams that you enjoy seeing lose and why
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sports team or teams that you enjoy seeing lose and why Login/Join 
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Ohio State, Notre Dame, and the Dallas Cowboys. Not sure why. However, OHio state was really good this year. Pity someone had to lose that one.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
Any team from Boston. Their fan base is just insufferable. Pro sports was much better when they lost all the time. Don't even get me started on how unlikable the Patriots are as an organization.

Second would be the Cleveland Browns. This is because of their fans and the way the media wants so desperately for them to be a good team when no other organization gets that treatment (outside of the big, big market teams). Luckily they are a dumpster fire every year.

I understand your jealousy. Must suck not having Boston teams. Big Grin

Oh and obviously the answer to the OP is NY Yankees.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12506 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Tennessee Titans, I grew up a Houston Oilers fan.

They especially suck when they wear OUR throwback uni’s!

HK Ag

Posts: 3523 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Patriots because they are cheaters

Chargers because the owners, Spanos family, are only in it for money. They threaten to leave San Diego so city buys their unsold tickets, then they STILL move to Los Angelas. And they always trade away great players. Ala Drew Brees. How many rings does Brees have? Good for Brees!

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1399 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
UGA Bulldogs
New York Yankees
Duke Blue Devils
University of Miami

And all of my Braves' NL East rivals (Mets, Nats, Phillies)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10519 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Real Madrid in La Liga. Both Manchester sides in the EPL.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3506 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Any team playing the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, or Bruins.

Posts: 2341 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tiger woods.

i saw him play in several mercedes championships & he never stopped to talk to loyal fans after signing his scorecard.

Posts: 2233 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Clemson. There's a large contingent of rabid fans who are insufferable. And I can't stand whiny, thin-skinned Dabo.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Philadelphia Flyers

Their fans talk so much shit about how tough there are (or were as far as I’m concerned) but they are a train wreck of a team that hasn’t won the cup since 1975.

F-The Flyers

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarms229,

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4544 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baseball - Yankees - cause they're the Yankees and spend ridiculous money buying top players vs developing them as most other teams do.

Hockey - BlackHawks - can't explain it other than that I'm a Wild Fan and for a long time they had our number.

Football - GreenBay Packers - only because they have the most annoying, thin skinned fans ever. Living just across the river in MN - I see their fans acting like dipshits on a weekly basis and I don't even watch football regularly. I actually have a lot of respect for what they've managed to do as an organization and having two back to back outstanding QBs, but their fans ruin it so I root against them.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1753 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Alabama - I think, therefore, War Eagle.

Ohio State - Spent a decade there for about 5 years going to grad school and working. The Alabama fans of the North.

The Yankees - The Yankees.

0:01

Posts: 4233 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
University of Michigan - “M go Blue Blow”. Notre Dame and UofM is one of the oldest rivalries in history and are two of the winningest college football programs in history. I was raised a Notre Dame fan (I’m recovered now) and half of my family are Note Dame fans. However, the other half of my family are UofM fans and one is the stereotypical obnoxious fan that was never a student. Also, knew a lot of obnoxious UofM fans growing up and I was probably in my 30s before I knew a second non-obnoxious UofM fan (my Dad is the first non-obnoxious fan). I love to see them lose and have a difficult time rooting for them in bowl games and nonconference games.

Indiana University - I am a Purdue alumni and these dirty assed hippies were our intrastate rival. Somehow, these liberal arts students endeared themselves to the State of Indiana and other than Lafayette it was easier to find IU clothing than Purdue clothing.

Dallas Cowboys -
  • they were good back when football first began to be televised. Therefore, they got the benefit of having a lot of 4 PM games (back in the day only 1 NFC game at 4) and Monday night football games. In other words, merely due to fortune of timing backed their way into becoming ”America’s team”
  • even when they suck, their window licking fans will still watch so they still get primetime games. Everybody else has to be winning to get prime time games.
  • I lived in the outskirts of Dallas during the late 1990s back when the NFL had blackouts in NFL markets which meant that Dallas Cowboys would be the only NFC game on. Cowboy coverage started in the morning, there was no noon/1 PM game on so more Cowboys pregame, they would play the game, and then they would whine until 11 PM on why they lost.
  • I think Jerry Jones is an obnoxious asshole and he’s made the organization even bigger assholes than before.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23419 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of RichardC
    posted Hide Post
    The Globo Gym Purple Cobras, because White Goodman is a douchebag par excellence.

Posts: 15950 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
    up stream
    Picture of PR64
    posted Hide Post
    Dodgers
    A's
    Cowboys
    Seahawks
    Lakers
    Rockets

-----------------------------------
    Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
    Sig P-229
    Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3517 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Eschew Obfuscation
    posted Hide Post
    Green Bay Packers.

Reason: Because the team and its fans exist.

The FudgePackers can’t lose enough to suit me.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6457 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    U(sic)GA. The other two Jackets here will understand.

--
    I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
    https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2371 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    fugitive from reality
    Picture of SgtGold
    posted Hide Post
    I'm a Rangers, Giants, Mets, Jets fan in that order. so I hate:

Any team from Filthy.
    Atlanta Braves
    Cowboys
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Tampa Bay Lightning (the ownership, not all the ex Rangers they have)

I'm sure more will come to mind, I just can't remember right now.

Posts: 7082 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Non-Miscreant
    posted Hide Post
    Because I hate public waste, the Reds and Bungles. Both just suck public dollar away from maybe worthy projects. Now there even is a soccer team. Its costing a bundle of public dollars, like a billion to build seldom used stadia. None will allow any other team to use "their" stadium. Except they didn't buy it, the public did. I don't even eat across the river because there's a half a percent sales tax to help pay for the facilities they lose in. And lose they do. The football team is the worst, you can pretty much rely on that. This year 2 and 14. Can just get a little worse than that. Frown

OK, Notre Dame because they stole the coach that got UC into a bowl game a couple of years ago, and the piece of shit Kelly quit before they even played the game. To keep it simple, they have no morals. At all.

I don't hate UK. But I do dislike the idea of everyone downstate wearing their jackets and what not. Seeing some of them in action, its pretty obvious, none have ever set foot on any college campus. Just hillbillies who need a team to cheer for.

Almost as bad are the fans of Louisville. They recruit players by offering up prostitutes to recruit them. Sure, horny high school students want to visit to get laid. But to do it so openly that it made national news it just great. We knew all along they were whores.

Is that enough? Big Grin OK, not sure I really hate them, just disgusted with the BS and the waste of public money I have to pay. No one else really hates the Bungles because they're so easy to beat and they enjoy the equivalent of the bye week.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18392 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    USC no explanation required. It should be self evident.

Posts: 17362 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post