SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sports team or teams that you enjoy seeing lose and why
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sports team or teams that you enjoy seeing lose and why Login/Join 
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any team playing the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, or Bruins.

Chris17404 - Excellent wording of your answer! Mine would be the Montreal Canadiens, although I really like their coach (Julien).

Posts: 3400 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My choice - The Dallas Cowboys Football Team, aka Jerry's Team.

Same here. I'm an American, and they aren't my fucking team! Also the Michigan Wolverines, because I'm a Spartan.

Posts: 2505 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Nowadays I have zero interest in pro sports, but the one team I can't stand is the Golden State Warriors, a group of stupid, leftist SJWs, including their stupid ass coach. On general principle, I want to see the L.A. Lakers lose all of the time, since I have been a Celtic's fan in the past.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16823 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicago Bears. I LOVE watching them lose. Every time they win a game no matter how bad the other team was you would think it meant they were going to the SB. Plus their fans have to be the most obnoxious fans anywhere.

Posts: 5764 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any team from Boston. Attending all those Championship parades is hectic and expensive !!! Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Washington and Oregon
49ers
I don’t hate them but I will continue rooting against the Browns while Baker is their QB. I feel for the city of Cleveland.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 962 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite images in sport is a KU cheerleader with a tear streaked Jayhawk painted on her cheek.

Why? My son is third generation at Missouri University at Columbia. 4th generation including School of Mines at Rolla. My first college football game was MU-KU in Lawrence in about 1964.

The KU football team has been losing so much I've become a little sympathetic. They've lost enough already.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pbslinger,

Posts: 7518 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Army - but only one time per year.

Because Go Navy, Beat Army!

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
For college football, I root for any opponent of a California or Florida team. Just got sick of all the championships, showboating, bitching and whining from UCLA/USC/FSU/MIAMI during my formative years.

I gave up on the NFL and NBA and root for no one, outside of the Packers and Bucks (only against the Bulls though).

For the NHL, I really enjoy seeing the Bruins, Blues, Ducks and Penguins lose. Mainly because of some habitual whiners and borderline dirty players and a proclivity to want to fight or injure, rather than put the damned puck in the net.

I find the MLB and MLS boring to watch outside of the MLB playoffs, and then the Dodgers are the ones I root against, as they signed that one prick a few years ago.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
i love to see them lose for another reason- patriots biggest bunch of front runners ever in sports. I went to college in Boston n the early 90's - the patriots sucked and i used to get tickets for free - people used to give them away continually - they had bench seats and I could lay down at the 50 like I was on my couch at home. The patriots fans will only be fans while Tom Brady is in town. When he moves on next year the Patriots will join Cleveland, Cincinnati and Oakland back where they belong.

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I like it when the Patriots lose. Reason: they win too much.

As a fan of the MotoGP I also like it when Marc Marquez loses. Why? Because after so many back to back titles it would be nice to see a new champ & a bike manufacturer other than Honda win for a change.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Anything New York, Boston or California....

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1732 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ohio State. We had a guy in our department at work that was an OSU grad and a rabid, rabid fan of OSU football. He showed us all a video one day of how he taught his 6 year old to scream "F*CK MICHIGAN" on command. Believe it or not, he wasn't the most obnoxious OSU fan I've ever encountered. There are worse ones out there. Much worse.

Posts: 423 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'll always love the games of baseball and football, but the NFL and some of its players injecting politics and political correctness into the game, as well as some of its stupidity in rules and poor game calling has ruined watching it for me.

As a Redskins fan, when I did follow football, the Dallas Cowboys were a rival worth wishing they'd lose...although I respected many of their players and coaches and their legacy to the game.

Love to watch all Philadelphia teams lose, not so much because of the teams or players, but because Philly fans SUCK! Any fans that boo their own teams and players don't deserve to have a pro team to root for.

Love to see the Raiders lose because any fans that feel that a sports game is worth becoming gang-like thugs that physically attacks the opposing team's fans is justified doesn't deserve to have a team worth rooting for.

But, my number one team to root against is the New York Yankees. Didn't always feel this way as the NYY are a team with storied players and games that can't be denied...in fact, as a kid I loved the Yankees because they were America's baseball team and embodied baseball history and because one of the local kids from our small town was picked up by the Yankees.

But my respect for the Yankees changed for one specific incident, on 9 October 1996. As a Detroit Tigers and Baltimore Orioles fan I was rooting for the O's playing Game 1 of the ALCS in NY.

The O's were up 4-3 in the bottom of the 8th when Derek Jeter hit a deep fly ball to RF. Right Fielder Tony Tarasco was camped out under the ball to make an exciting but routine catch with his back against the wall when 12 year old punk kid Jeffrey Maier reached OVER the railing to make the gloved catch, stealing it away from Tarasco. RF umpire Rich Garcia ruled the play a home run rather than the correct call of fan interference. The O's went on to lose in the 11th inning and eventually lost the ALCS to end their season. This game and play was pivotal in the series.

What bugs me most about this play isn't Jeter or the Yankees, or even Garcia's BAD CALL.

What pisses the hell out of me was the kid and the surrounding fan's reaction to the blatant interference. They surrounded this kid and congratulated him and treated him like a hero who had single-handedly won the game. In fact, he was so celebrated by NY fans that he appeared on Letterman that night and the next game he was given seats right next to the Yankee's dugout.

Instead of being tossed out of the stadium for fan interference NY fans chose to celebrate and elevate this kid to hero status...for cheating.

It's worth noting that, after this incident, the Yankees built a higher railing to prevent this type of fan interference from happening again.

Jeffrey Maier catches Derek Jeter's home run in Game 1 of the 1996 ALCS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Maier

After this incident I'll root for the Detroit Tigers, the Baltimore Orioles, the Colorado Rockies...and ANY team that plays agains the New York Yankees.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
College
unc tarholes
notre dame fighting child molesters
Ohio state buckeyes

NBA
Boston celtics
Charlotte hornets

NFL
Green bay packers
Pittsburgh steelers
Dallas cowgirls

MLB
NY yankees
LA dodgers
Chicago cubbies

NHL
Washington capitals

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Montreal Canadiens. Because I’m a Boston Bruins fan... Big Grin

Oldest rivalry in sports.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
TN Vols, because their idiot fans make regular rednecks look good. Orange & white checkerboard overalls?? Really?? Ohhh, they were sold out of the solid orange overalls...
I grew up in Nashville, & my dad graduated from Vanderbilt, so I've always had that in-state rivalry hatred.

Alabama, because I graduated from Auburn, and agree with the other Auburn people who have previously posted. I especially appreciate Georgeair's post about pulling for bama because they're in the SEC is like pulling for the devil because he's in the Bible.

Ohio State, because they're smug assholes who look incredibly silly against SEC & ACC teams.
I'm a bit sad about my hatred of osu, because my grandmother graduated from there in the 1920's (damn, I'm getting old).

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Any team that plays the Falcons. I like the owner, coach and the players in general. I like their combined attitude and loyalty.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3817 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
The Jets or Giants because they're from NY and the Yankees suck.

A true act of envy, as far as my Yanks are concerned.
Why do peopke dislike success so much?
I wish all of your endeavors in 2020 suck as much as the Yankees have done in their history.
Be well.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ohio State, mainly due to the fans. When Ohio wins the fans immediately scream they should be #1, lose and it is always that they were robbed, and they should still be #1.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
Ohio State, mainly due to the fans. When Ohio wins the fans immediately scream they should be #1, lose and it is always that they were robbed, and they should still be #1.

Come on now. You’re a lawyer. All good lawyers like to argue. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3984 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post