SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sports team or teams that you enjoy seeing lose and why
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sports team or teams that you enjoy seeing lose and why Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
The Jets or Giants because they're from NY and the Yankees suck.

A true act of envy, as far as my Yanks are concerned.
Why do peopke dislike success so much?
I wish all of your endeavors in 2020 suck as much as the Yankees have done in their history.
Be well.

Well, thank you. May you shine in the glow of the reflection of the Patriots six Super Bowl trophies.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2415 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
t.u. (otherwise known as the University of Texas) because I'm an Aggie, 'nuff said.

And I'm very truly sad we don't have JALLEN around for a riposte that only a teasip could provide......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1534 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I forgot about my Aggies, Bill...thank you!! Add LSU to that list. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

And, perpetually, the New York Yankees, buncha bought and paid for jerks AND their obnoxious fans.

Yeah, the Yanks should just hoard all those profits and not buy better players to win and keep their fans happy who would then buy more gear.
Mr Bellum, I am surprised at you. Wink

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Any team playing my Seminoles.

I'm a fan because my dad, an aunt and an uncle are graduates. I met my wife there and we got married and had our first child there and then graduated from there. My sisters graduated from there as well as 3 cousins (including one from Med School.) My oldest son (that was born while we attended) will graduate from FSU in the summer.

Because I have met Coach Bowden on several occasions, and heard him speak publicly and privately- and he is a for real actual nice person. Maybe too forgiving of some of the kids that he was trying to help NOT be thugs but it came from a good heart.

And also because I have met at least one A$$hole fan from every team and don't let that taint how I feel about the schools in general- I really don't care who wins or loses otherwise. I remember that age and it is a weird mix of child and adult.

But I hate many of the spoiled brat teams that make up NFL/NBA/ MLB and like them to lose. And know that some good dudes are there also. Smile

A bit like us here.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2119 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Chicago Bears. I LOVE watching them lose.

Well you sure got your money's worth the last couple of seasons. Razz

I forgot to add to my earlier post: The Cubbies.

Growing up on the south side of Chicago, learning to hate the Cubs was a coming of age requirement. As I've gotten older, it's their fans more than the team I can't stand. Nothing says poseur more than Gen Xers and Millennials, decked out in Cubbie hats and jerseys, who root for the team because it's fashionable yet they know next to nothing about baseball.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6457 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I like when the Seahawks loose, I might be able to go a whole day without hearing about them.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
The Dodgers.

First MLB game I went to was the Padres and Dodgers at Jack Murphy stadium back when Roy Kroc owner the team. Back then if the Padres won at home, the fans at the game got a free Big Mac. The Padres lost by 1 and I've hated the Dodgers ever since.

UGA, I went to Clemson my freshman year and have hated Georgia ever since.

Duke, I've never like Rutgers University Durham Campus.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11813 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Any and all teams from New England region of the country and the Dallas Cowboys.

And Lewis Hamilton in F1. Want to see him kiss a wall hard.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53380 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I wish all of your endeavors in 2020 suck as much as the Yankees have done in their history.
Be well.

Not read the OP much?

Posts: 10771 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I'll always love the games of baseball and football, but the NFL and some of its players injecting politics and political correctness into the game, as well as some of its stupidity in rules and poor game calling has ruined watching it for me.

Same here. I like to support the home team, and when we moved to Seattle in 2010, the Seahawks were a traditionally bad team. It turned around pretty rapidly, and it got easy to get swept up in the excitement.

Then the kneeling for the anthem stuff started. Then Michael Bennett flat out lied about being "racially profiled" by Las Vegas PD and they released the footage proving his lie, but all on the news locally was his version. When a coworker came into work and said "did you guys hear about how Michael Bennett got racially profiled and arrested for being black?" I just about lost my shit. I explained what was on the security cam and body cam footage and things got very quiet and awkward for quite a while.

When the Seahawks win, the neighborhood sounds like a warzone, you'd think every game they win was the Super Bowl, and my cats race around the house in terror. Then there's random burnt fireworks in my lawn and on my roof. When they lose, it's quiet.

So, all that said, I love to see the Seahawks lose now. Fuck them, and most of the fans. Sometimes it seems like I can't go shopping in a grocery store on whatever weekday without being greeted with "Go Hawks!" by the cashier. I usually smile and nod, but increasingly, I'm responding with "whatever."

Posts: 17335 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donkeys because I’m a Raiders fan and a Cal fan and Elway can eat a bag of dicks.

The SF Giants and Santa Clara 49ers because I’m contrarian like that and and an east bay kid.

Posts: 4291 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is a great read!!!

Cowgirls- Simply put, FUCK THEM! America's team my @$$! I can honestly say there is not one single team I disgust the most and love to see lose than the Cowgirls. I don't even hate the Donkeys, Tijaneros, or Queefs that much.

Posts: 396 | Location: Sunny SoCal | Registered: September 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
quote:

Be well.

Not read the OP much?

I already participated and this is just a general observation - but don't you find it interesting that only Boston fans and Yankee fans a) didn't read the OP and b) are going on with their usual bullshit?

And they wonder why they are named at the top of everyone's most hated list. Hint: for most of us, it isn't because you win.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I hate dynasties. I hated the 49ers back in the day. I hate the cheating Patriots for the same reason. Love to see the Yankees lose. Love to see the Kentucky Wildcats mens basketball team because Ashley Judd is "superfan" and I just hate that bitch! Seeing her unhappy at a game makes me feel all tingly inside!

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did read the OP.
Yes, I messed up in forgetting that rebuttal was forbidden.
I have suffered much because of this.
It is wonderful to be at the top of the list of anything.
I will try not to upset y'all in the future.

Be well. --- I am truly apologetic for my improper thread interruptions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrmn50,

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Penn State because almost everyone I work with/for is a PSU grad and they are super obnoxious. In general, I find the VAST majority of PSU alum this way.

Posts: 1929 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Dallas Cowboys are up there just because of Jerry Jones. Houston Astros because they are alleged cheaters, but more because they beat my beloved Yanks. I still like to watch the Bulls lose because of what they did to the Knicks in the 90's. But most of all, all due respect 6guns, I love to watch the Red Sox lose Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5923 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Chargers

Hate the Spanos.
Good luck filling seats in Los Angeles.

Posts: 1896 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I love watching Duke lose almost as much as I love watching my Tarheels win. Hasn't been a lot to cheer for this year though.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post