SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Awesome Sandwich Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Awesome Sandwich Thread Login/Join 
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
https://www.philippes.com/

Home of The Original French Dip Sandwich.

Also in Los Angeles and hard to beat.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I remember how much I used to enjoy a poor boy sandwich from Antone’s in Houston.

That was a long time (40 years) ago. Maybe my memory of the sandwich is clouded by the memory of the girl I used to meet for lunch there. I can’t even really say what it was I liked about the sandwich.

Antone's were terrific, and inexpensive. Sadly, they've gone badly downhill...they're now ready-made and sold in grocery store. Still inexpensive, but not very good.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:

Langer’s in Los Angeles. The best pastrami!
Katz's on East Houston St in NYC.

Correct pronunciation of that street name in NY, is "HOW ston."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30723 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
Langer’s in Los Angeles. The best pastrami!

https://ritual.co/order/langer...usa-los-angeles/9d9a

#19!!!

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Lots of great restaurant sammiches but where are all the great home made sammiches?
C'mon I know you guys are out there. Smile

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
My favorite is the King Crabby Grilled Cheese from 49th State Brewery. Not only is it one of my favorites but I really like 49th State and try and support them. During the whole Covid clusterfuck of lockdowns, restrictions, etc., they would regularly send pizzas, boxed lunches and vats of seafood chowder for the staff in the ER during the middle of the night.

Grilled sourdough bread, crab meat and a mix of swiss and cream cheese served with their delicious fries and a cup of seafood chowder which makes for great dipping.

https://www.49statebrewing.com

That is my go to meal when I’m in Anchorage. Love 49th State - great beer and great food.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1774 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say that probably the best in Montana would be The Pickle Barrel in Bozeman. They've been around forever and make a damn fine sandwich. They were a staple for poor hungry college students way back when.

Posts: 20129 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
This is one of my favorites in Grand Rapids at the Old Goat. Amazing food if you're near.

Charley Apple Chicken
Chargrilled chicken breast, sliced honeycrisp apples, buckboard bacon, pineapple bbq sauce, yellow cheddar and haystack onions on a grilled pretzel roll.

My gosh it's so good.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Katz's on East Houston St in NYC.

Correct pronunciation of that street name in NY, is "HOW ston."

And don't forget their homemade dill pickles.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Just made my first lunch visit to Draper's Restaurant at the Greenbrier Resort in Lewisburg, WV this past weekend.
I had the Fried Green Tomato sandwich, and it was exceptional.
Chevré cheese, Spinach, BBQ-spiced Bacon, Red Onions, Black Pepper Mayo on a Brioché bun.
https://www.greenbrier.com/Din...ptions/Draper-s.aspx

Posts: 3810 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post