SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Awesome Sandwich Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Awesome Sandwich Thread Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I LOVE the sandwiches, keep them coming!

Since I work in the food paradise of Atlanta, here is one of the more popular local cuisines.

A Banh Mi from Quoc Huong.

Wonderful in its simplicity. Asian BBQ, Fresh hand made French mayonnaise, pickled vegetables, cilantro.

I get one once a week.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34137 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, that looks good. Gotten somewhere on Buford Hwy??

Posts: 5348 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I'll try to get a photo but best sandwiches I ever had were from Riverside Kwik stop in Jay, ME.

Everyone I tried was fantastic.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6343 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Banh Mi

That looks great. I have never tried one of these. Are they served hot? Or cold?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30722 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They are hot sandwiches, but are just as good when they cool.

quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Oh wow, that looks good. Gotten somewhere on Buford Hwy??

Yes, in Asian Square.

They literally sell them by the sackful.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34137 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
That looks great. I have never tried one of these. Are they served hot? Or cold?

Always cold/room temp

It's basically a Vietnamese hoagie

Posts: 33867 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any sandwich from the fabulous Italian market, Jimmy’s Food Store in Dallas, Texas.If you find yourself down our way, Jimmy’s is definitely a “must stop place.” Bring a cooler and stock up. Great wine prices. Fabulous deli. Fresh pasta, etc. Really nice folks.

https://jimmysfoodstore.com/menu/

Posts: 404 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I LOVE the sandwiches, keep them coming!

Since I work in the food paradise of Atlanta, here is one of the more popular local cuisines.

A Banh Mi from Quoc Huong.

Wonderful in its simplicity. Asian BBQ, Fresh hand made French mayonnaise, pickled vegetables, cilantro.

I get one once a week.

Looks good. There is a good banh mi place near me. I need to find out where they get their bread - it is a genuinely good baguette. And the rest of the sandwich is quite good. Lots of Vietnamese people ended up in Houston after the collapse of South Vietnam.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
Any sandwich from the fabulous Italian market, Jimmy’s Food Store in Dallas, Texas.If you find yourself down our way, Jimmy’s is definitely a “must stop place.” Bring a cooler and stock up. Great wine prices. Fabulous deli. Fresh pasta, etc. Really nice folks.

https://jimmysfoodstore.com/menu/

Definitely agree about Jimmy's headed over Thursday to stock up on a few things and grab some lunch.

Posts: 1183 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You tell him, Andy.

It's not like he doesn't have the time and wherewithal to do something about it.

Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Went to get a Jersey Mike's and they were closed due to staffing shortage Frown

This is from Publix, it is good but there is something about that JM sandwich that is better to me

Ham and Swiss, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, black olive, banana pepper, oil and vinegar

Posts: 5348 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
My favorites were first discovered in New Orleans. As a college kid looking for a summer job, I stumbled across the Home Plate Inn on Tulane. Long gone for decades. There I had my first oyster po-boy. I have eaten many since, few as good as my first. Years later, I happened across a family grocery with a deli on Veterans Hwy and had my first Muffuletta. Oh my.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, I enjoy more foodwise than a good gyro. Place near me is owned by a lovely Persian lady (don't you DARE call her Iranian baby)and her husband makes the most epic gyros ever.

A good muffaletta is a reasonably close second, but good muffaletta is hard to find.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Pubix makes a good sammich.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

A good muffaletta is a reasonably close second, but good muffaletta is hard to find.

The BEST muffaletta that I have had to date came from the Central Grocery and Deli in the French Quarters of New Orleans.......to die for!!!

Posts: 6630 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BLTE from the master as shown in the movie Spanglish, I try to make one once a month.

Original

Better detail

A very close #2 and a more filling option, PORCHETTA!!! If I'm in SF on these days they're selling these, I'm all over it, will wait in line for these.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Jersey Mike's Philly Cheesesteak. I'm going to go get one in a few minutes.

Yup, love Jersey Mike’s Cheesesteak! Not many place around here make them properly. Although their online ordering SUCKS ASS!!!! You are better off just ordering in the store.

I also like subs at Jimmy John’s.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Nothing special, but you can't go wrong with the classic grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Oh heck yes!! Such a perfect combo!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.kennyandzukes.com/

I could eat a Reuben from here anytime of the day. Too bad they are downtown PDX. I will probably never go back.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Langer’s in Los Angeles. The best pastrami!

https://ritual.co/order/langer...usa-los-angeles/9d9a

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post