SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passengers Furious After Hundreds of Flights Cancelled…Reported ‘Sick Out’ by Pilots and ATC Due to COVID [Vaccine] Mandate Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
/looks at watch

Hey! It's Sunday!

Posts: 17047 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
for years various industries required you have certain shots and get tested for different things ....now all of a sudden it becomes a big deal.

Yes, I call BS on it... bunch of nambie.... pambie wimps scared to get a little shot....

Of course you have the right to refuse.... go home and quit your job and when you get Covid, deal with it AT HOME. Don't be a burden or danger to others.

You wouldn't happen to work for the FBI would you? Your comments kind of remind me of an EX member.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
bunch of nambie.... pambie wimps scared to get a little shot....

Don't be a burden or danger to others.

Only scared people I have seen during this whole thing are the ones who are vaccinated. "Wear your mask! Get the shot! Stay home! You're gonna kill me!" LOL.

And burden to others? How? If you are vaccinated, and the vaccine works, why are you so scared of others who aren't vaccinated? Are they a burden if they get sick? What about those that are obese? Drink too much? Smoke? Are they a burden to others? How about the vaccinated ones who still get sick? Are they a burden too?

I hope the entire airline industry gets shut down.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
At this point, these shot mandates are purely a compliance metric. That's it. It's not about health. It's not about public safety. It is about compliance.

The government bureaucracy and covid tyrants only want to know one thing. Will you comply or won't you?

Natural immunity? They don't care. Side effect concerns? They don't care. Extremely low risk from sickness? They don't care. All they care about is who complied and who didn't.

Compliance metric. Don't forget it. Once the mandates started, that's what it became.

Balze speaks the Truth! It's NOT about Health, or Public Safety, and it NEVER has been!

I will NOT Comply!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8775 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Fourth post, failure to read the room.

Posts: 10815 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blume is the person wearing a mask, alone, while driving. What a wanker this guy is. Probably makes his “partner” sleep in the other room so they are socially distanced.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's a bit much. Address his statement.

Posts: 107240 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I’ve read that Seattle PD are about to loose up to 403 of their 1000 officers as they are refusing and taking court action to stop the mandate; if they don’t get the shot, then termination actions start.

Also read that LA County Fire Dept is in a similar predicament, and that the LA County Sheriff is refusing to enforce the vaccine mandate on his personnel.

Supply chain issues are popping up every where; ships swaying idle at anchor waiting to be unloaded; empty shelves at groceries and other retail stores; gasoline price hikes. The “critical employees” (hospital staff, even teachers) are being forced to make decisions that are going to impact upon this country in a very very very short time. And forget about hearing that the National Guard (NG) will be used to pick up the shortages.

The NG does not just sit around all day long in the armories playing cards, watching TV, and eating donuts while drinking coffee. No; they have real jobs out in the real world, so any activation would affect the real economy causing further disruptions/shortages that already exist; that is “if” they show up for mustering and roll call, as “leadership issues” have now crept into the military thought process.

Yup, 8 months into Dementia Joe’s so-called “presidency” and major meltdowns are about to occur. Christmas ought to be very interesting indeed.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have had the shots but I stand behind the Southwest pilots and anyone else (other than the military) who does not want the vaccine. Go ahead, Biden, keep this shit up, do more and more of it and do it faster between now and 2022, there will be a reckoning

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
/looks at watch

Hey! It's Sunday!

Sunday suicide mission on SIGfoum. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies, that was my initial reaction. It doesn’t stop at the initial vaccine mandates. The goal posts are always moved and it blows my mind that people can’t see the pattern. It will never end if it’s up to the left.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Blume isn't going anywhere, and he's not trolling us. He really has swallowed the propaganda, hook, line and sinker. He really believes what he's saying. He doesn't understand that all this brow-beating and fear-mongering are things the government has brainwashed him into doing.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CTH believes the SW Airline problem is because the pilots filed a vaccine lawsuit

https://theconservativetreehou...uit-one-day-earlier/

The communications teams at Southwest Airlines are struggling to hide the cause of thousands of cancelled flights this weekend and are blaming Air Traffic Control and weather issues for the issues. However, customers are calling out Southwest for their nonsense, as everyone knows large numbers of Southwest pilots are not showing up to work in protest over the vaccine mandate.

People stranded in airports, and people working in airports, are responding on social media with the truth; but Southwest Airlines is not willing to admit the push back from the pilots is the real cause.

“Southwest Airlines Co. pilots asked a court to temporarily block the company from carrying out federally mandated coronavirus vaccinations until an existing lawsuit over alleged U.S. labor law violations is resolved.

more here:

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2...vid-policies-n454641

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I call BS on it... bunch of nambie.... pambie wimps scared to get a little shot....

Bold move, Cotton

You go right ahead and allow yourself to be injected with an experimental "vaccine" that has proven neither efficacious nor safe. You try to tell me I have follow your irrational course and I'm going to tell you to blow it out your ass.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Since we're sure to keep going in this direction, we are bound to reach a point that so many services we take for granted are unavailable, and so many commonly available goods are in short supply, enough people will have had enough of this stupid bullshit and... well, I don't know exactly what will be the result, but it's going to be terrible and terrific at the same time.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t complain if the sick out (short?) became a strike (long) until mgmt eliminates the mandate. Good for the pilots et al. I support their actions.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12682 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Said, before (and not the only one), that people should have prepared themselves.

Not simply "prepper", but actual "preparing themselves", knowing where your lines are drawn and "why" you did so.

The mental preparation is a great deal of how to survive almost anything. All the other stuff (beyond absolute necessities) is mostly for convenience and ease of the journey.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My employer has an account with a large nation-wide company whose Covid vaccine requirements are pretty strict.

We have a fair amount of employees who haven't taken the shot(s).

HQ is already asking for an allowance due to lack of available vaccinated manpower as is, once the customer increases their mandate which is likely - we flat won't be able to man the work.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Of course you have the right to refuse.... go home and quit your job and when you get Covid, deal with it AT HOME. Don't be a burden or danger to others.

My wife's cousin DIED because she took this stupid untested and experimental vaccine (severe allergic reaction that cause heart, lung, kidney, AND liver failure). My wife and other family members are therefore *concerned* over being forced to choose between risking their LIVES or losing their jobs.

Educate yourself before you start criticizing others (who have been FORCED to pick between their livelihood and their health).

Also, read a history book or two. These vaccine and mask mandates have NOTHING to do with 'public safety,' and EVERYTHING to do with stripping us of our liberties and getting the sheep accustomed to becoming slaves to The State.

I support those who are pushing back against this government tyranny. We need MORE resistance.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21820 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
We need MORE resistance.
You're in luck. That's the only thing not out of stock. Smile