SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LA Times Dubs CA Recall Frontrunner Larry Elder "The Black Face Of White Supremacy"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LA Times Dubs CA Recall Frontrunner Larry Elder "The Black Face Of White Supremacy" Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
The idea that someone can say “black white supremacist” with a straight face utterly baffles me, so I suspect there is some linguistic sleight of hand going on here.

Clayton Bibsby is on the job.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
... so I suspect there is some linguistic sleight of hand going on here.

The last 10-years has been a giant game of linguistics and rhetoric. Supposed high-minded publications, academic reads, all the way down to local news has been hammering away at our common language to alter and warp meanings with the terms and definitions that Leftist have determined to be acceptable.

How many high-profile, press conferences of a shooting where an officer is at the podium and the members of the press themselves are lecturing the officer on what words and phrasing are acceptable? Most prominent is the genre of trans people and sexual identity, people inserting acceptable pronouns in their names...yeah, these are the games we're dealing with. It's all related, changing language in order to box you the non-Leftist into a corner.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Journalists- actual journalists- seek the truth, no matter the journalist's personal beliefs or relation to that truth. All systems involving human beings are imperfect because we are not machines. Emotions drive most of what we do in this life. Therefore, there's no such thing as an entirely objective reporter, but those who take their profession seriously, those who are not using their platform to convince us of their personal beliefs, can come quite close to the goal of serving merely as a conduit. Gather and assimilate the facts and then pass them on to their readers in a concise form. This is unfortunately a rare thing. All throughout American history, you can find in the newspapaers of their day, slanted perspectives, but, after WWII, the American press seemed to come into its own, fully matured, and objective as ever it was going to be. It lasted but a short time. American involvement in Vietnam was the point where journalism began to fall back into old habits, and Watergate sealed the deal; activism disguised as journalism, and in the half century since, it has gotten progressively worse by the year, until we've come to this- 19th century yellow journalism, complete with sensationalist headlines.

In the early 1980s, I worked as a photojournalist for a daily newspaper. I worked with some old reporters who had learned their trade during the post-WWII period I mentioned, and those guys were pros. Ronald Reagan was elected while I was at the newspaper. There were a couple of reporters who hated Ronald Reagan, but this never showed up in their copy. Not a whiff of it. All of that is pretty much gone now. "Journalists" these days aren't interested in reporting the truth unless it benefits their own political beliefs. They're compete phonies and con men. They might as well have a horse-drawn wagon and travel around to small towns selling patent medicines, guaranteed to cure all ills, from dropsy to the vapors.

The LA Times et al- there is no journalism in these places. They're nothing more than rendezvous points for political activists.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Journalists, not only are they one sided political hacks, but outright fakes, titles that don't reflect the articles non truth statements, interjected personal or single sided political trolling, in order to get attention.

The news outlets, far worse, no longer is the truth of importance, only eyeballs and clicks.

Compound the exit of non bias reporting with demand for revenue, paper print was dead, with the advent of social media and the emergence of Trump revenues have returned.

Not because they report what we should hear, but what people crave, wild salacious stories, made up events, innuendo, there are few sources of news anymore, it's just Super Market Tabloid reporting....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
News outlets of today serve the function of the editors of newspapers of the past. Remember- one of the functions of editors was to publish editorials, and in this way, the political/social/world views of the newspaper's owners or operators could still make their way onto the pages of their newspaper.
Now, though, it's nothing but editorializing. The reportage has dissapated, the opinion pieces have taken their place entirely.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
California Man Found Passed Out In Car With 300 Unopened Recall Ballots And Forged Licenses

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-and-forged-licenses

A California man was discovered asleep in his car in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven store in Torrance with drugs, cash, and several drivers’ licenses, according to ABC7

Oh… I nearly forgot. There were about 300 unopened recall election ballots in the car.

Taken together, it’s an interesting picture, don’t you think?

Having 300 ballots in your possession is suspicious. Having the ballots AND several drivers’ licenses clearly establishes intent to commit voter fraud.

The Los Angeles County registrar deadpanned, “There’s nothing to indicate this was focused on the election.”

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I cannot understand why committing election fraud does not carry the punishment of death if caught. How the fuck is anything more important to the legitimacy of representative government than free and fair elections?

Election fraud convictions should result in a swift execution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Reporters have morphed into Drama Queens! Walter Cronkite is rolling over in his grave.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A quick search of headlines on this race shows one thing. The left is scared that Larry might actually be able to pull this off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I met a lady from California at the range yesterday. She said that the voter fraud in the recall election is RAMPANT.

She claimed the mail in envelopes come with two holes machined in them that line up to show whether you voted for Newsome or not. She also claimed that a group who had USPS mail box keys is going around gathering/destroying ballots.

I don't know if everything she claimed is true, but this one thing she said sure is "They stole the Presidential election with no consequences. Why would they stop there?". True dat. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Former California Democrat Majority Leader Endorses Larry Elder For Governor

https://www.dailywire.com/news...y-elder-for-governor

The former California Democrat Majority Leader, Gloria Romero, who served as Democratic Majority Leader in the state senate from 2001 until 2008, has endorsed GOP candidate Larry Elder for governor, saying in a video that California Democrat Governor Gavin Newsom “shut our public schools while he sent his kids to private schools.”

Elder’s campaign released a video of Romero stating:

Our public schools need big change. I’m Gloria Romero; I was the majority leader of Democrats in the state senate. I believe in charter schools and and school choice. So does Larry Elder — but not Gavin Newsom. He shut our public schools while he sent his kids to private schools.

Yes: I’m a Democrat. But the recall of Newsom is not about political party. It’s about Newsom. Larry Elder for governor.

In 2008, Romero stepped down as Majority Leader and became chairman of the Education Committee, where she authored a “parent trigger” law that was passed, making California the first state to adopt such a law. It permitted a majority of parents in a failing school to vote as to how to restructure the school.

She stated:

It’s really interesting, because to me the imagination of the parent trigger law is really to understand that it is parents who are the architects of their childrens’ future. And for year after year, decade after decade quite frankly, parents felt frustrated, because the administrators — those who run our schools — quite simply did not sense the need of urgency to turn around especially chronically under-performing schools. Failing schools, quite frankly.

So I finally wrote this bill, turned into law, which said quite frankly, if you aren’t going to do it — meaning the school administrators and the school bureaucrats in charge of the education system — then basically move out of the way and we the people, we the parents will. It basically asserts rights, it gives real rights to match the responsibility that parents have and feel towards trying to fight for the best education options for their children.

Romero, who holds a Ph.D. in psychology from the University of California, Riverside and could not run again for office in 2010 because of term limits, had a strongly liberal voting record, according to Ballotpedia:

Capitol Weekly, California’s major weekly periodical covering the state legislature, publishes an annual legislative scorecard to pin down the political or ideological leanings of every member of the legislature based on how they voted on an assortment of bills in the most recent legislative session. The 2009 scores were based on votes on 19 bills, but did not include how legislators voted on the Proposition 1A (2009). On the scorecard, “100” is a perfect liberal score and “0” is a perfect conservative score. On the 2009 Capitol Weekly legislative scorecard, Romero ranked as an 89.

But Romero was “was known for trying to clean up the capital’s cronyism and corruption,” The Wall Street Journal reported in 2012, adding:

Ms. Romero believes the only way to bring down the public unions—and “they will be brought down, they must be brought down”—is to go after “what feeds the beast.” In other words: payroll deductions. Ms. Romero has thrown her support behind a ballot initiative this fall (Prop. 32) that would bar unions from withholding money from worker paychecks to finance political activities. Unions could still deduct agency-shop fees, which go strictly toward collective bargaining and administrative expenses, but they’d have to ask their members to contribute to the unions’ political action committees—just like any other political-advocacy group.

In January 2010, reacting to government studies showing that in 2009, two million California school children attended public schools ranked as failing and roughly 40% of Latino and African-American students never completed high school, Romero stated:

I authored and championed California’s Race to the Top education reforms by declaring that it was time to name names. In countless meetings and hearings I carried a scroll. Not a diploma, but, sadly, a list of hundreds of California schools that are persistently failing…with bipartisan support in the Legislature and the governor’s signature, we created new laws that identify our very worst schools, provide for major turnarounds, improved data systems and high standards. But most importantly, for the first time in the history of California, we gave parents the responsibility for their children’s education. We gave parents real power, allowing them to petition to close or drastically revamp a badly failing school.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I do wish Larry Elder a success--he's a very intelligent man and I believe he'd really try to right the ship of state in California. I don't know if it is possible, given how many fools would still be in power there, but he'd try.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
What a hell of a coincidence, eh?

Video Reveals Unfortunate Ballot Problem
A woman made a video showing some very interesting issues with the California mail-in ballots for the recall of Gavin Newsom.

https://m.facebook.com/DailyWi...eos/887482838858912/

Yeah, saw that. Looked at my ballot return envelope and it didn’t have any holes punched in it. Maybe they aren’t pulling this nonsense everywhere, just in the areas where they have more cheaters in the folks handling ballots?
I hope we can all come together behind Larry Elder. The fact that the commies fear him this much says a lot.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looked at my ballot return envelope and it didn’t have any holes punched in it. Maybe they aren’t pulling this nonsense everywhere, just in the areas where they have more cheaters in the folks handling ballots?

From what I understand every county has a different ballot. Harmeet Dillon is a conservative lawyer in CA and from what I gather from reading her is that this is just poor design on that counties ballot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pnj.../1430221223628181504

I wish the best of luck to "The Sage of South Central", even if he is the face of white supremacy Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That 'fro must have taken two Blowout Kits.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Wow, righteous fro, Bro... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Newsom is a fuckup if he wants Biden and Harris to campaign for him. Especially now.

White House Confirms: Joe Biden to Campaign for Gavin Newsom in California Recall

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...n-california-recall/

White House press secretary Jen Psaki confirmed Wednesday that President Joe Biden still intends to campaign for Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) in the Sep. 14 California recall election, despite the ongoing crisis in Afghanistan.

“I can confirm, the president does still plan to go and campaign for Governor Newsom in California … that is still certainly his plan,” Psaki said.

Psaki added that she did not have any particular dates or details about Biden’s plans to travel to, and campaign in, California.

Conservative talk radio host Larry Elder (R) leads most opinion polls among potential replacements for Newsom, should he be recalled. On Tuesday, in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, Elder dared Biden to campaign for Newsom:

I’ll believe it when I see Joe Biden come here. I’m not sure he’s going to. I understand he’s supposedly going to come here to campaign on behalf of Gavin Newsom. His popularity now is in the low forties — I think I saw 41%. Most Americans don’t even believe he’s home — that somebody else is in charge. So it’s going to backfire. But let him bring it in. Let him have him come in, and try to defend Gavin Newsom’s record on crime, and on homelessness, and on the outrageous cost of living, and on the way he ignored science and shut down the state to the point where a third of small businesses are gone forever. Let Joe Biden make that case for him. I want him to come here. Let him do it. And out of all the major political figures in America, Gavin Newsom’s one of the few who’s praised the way he handled the Afghan crisis. And it has been a disaster after a disaster, one of the worst foreign policy mistakes America has ever made. So if Joe Biden wants to come here and lend his presence to California, I welcome that opportunity. But I don’t believe he’s going to do it.

Vice President Kamala Harris will campaign with Newsom in the Bay Area on Friday, after returning from Southeast Asia.

Psaki declined to say whether the recall had become a “referendum” on Democratic Party policies in general.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This dude needs to win. Larry Elder and NC’s Lieutenant Governor Mark Robinson are two men who are poised to absolutely obliterate the bullshit narrative that the GOP is the old white man party.

Larry needs to win, Larry and Mark could truly carry the torch and show Americans on a national level that the Republican Party is open to everyone and is not full of bigots and racists. Just look at the hate filled and down right comical rhetoric coming from leftists media as they try to attack Larry and Mark. They are scared and they should be, these men are an existential threat to their bullshit existence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand he’s supposedly going to come here to campaign on behalf of Gavin Newsom.

Vice President Kamala Harris will campaign with Newsom in the Bay Area on Friday, after returning from Southeast Asia.

There's campaigning and there's campaigning. Given the serious lack of popularity of Newsom, Biden and Harris and what's at stake, it makes all the sense in the world that Biden and Harris aren't there to get out the vote. What they're there to do is reassure prominent Donkeys in California that the Dem establishment backs Newsom.

The idea is to scare insiders and donors off from backing the recall. It's also meant to scare them off from even appearing to back any of the Dems who will run for the Newsom's job (if Newsom is ousted) in the time left before the actual recall vote. To endorse another candidate before the recall vote, you see, is to effectively endorse voting to kick Newsom out of the governor's office.

Expect to see a couple of dinners, a couple of speeches, and maybe a "Drinks With Joe And The Ho!" event. The events will be invite-only, and for no more than, say, two dozen to fifty well-heeled and -connected big shots. No activist royalty need apply.

But traffic is still going to be royally fucked up.

And it's still going to make Joe, The Ho and Newsom all look like they're completely out of touch with the average Dem voter in California.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post