SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Done with the NFL, NBA and MLB. (throw in college ball for good measure)

Goodbye.

I'm surprised NASCAR is getting into the mix. That can't work well for them...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Goodbye.

The US national soccer team has also said that they will not require players to stand for the anthem as well.

Not that anyone actually watches soccer Smile Razz

I kid, I kid!!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Goodbye.

I'm surprised NASCAR is getting into the mix. That can't work well for them...

Well, they have an african american driver, named Bubba of all things.....

Outside of Talladega Darlington and maybe Daytona you don't see many stars and bars being flown.

Its really a big nothing burger...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
My household bailed on the NFL after that shit started the first time. We had the NFL on ALL day Sunday. Breakfast, church, NFL and then dinner...while the Sunday night game was on. We missed it at first, but now we're huge NHL fans.

This past Christmas my gift to family was seats right on the ice next to the Wing's bench. It was awesome! Come join us in the NHL fam!

ETA: fingers crossed we get the first pick

posted Hide Post
I've been done with the NFL for a long long time as well as pro basketball. Fans were just starting to come back after this kneeling crap, so now I really believe they will start losing fans at a huge rate. Hope they go completely under. nascar was already hurting so they may have hastened their demise. I'm sick of the spoiled and thuggish behavior of pro athletes.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Outside of Talladega Darlington and maybe Daytona you don't see many stars and bars being flown.

Nothing burger? Apparently NASCAR will not prohibit kneeling or protesting during the national anthem. How do you think that will fly with NASCAR fans?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Nothing burger? Apparently NASCAR will not prohibit kneeling or protesting during the national anthem. How do you think that will fly with NASCAR fans?
Like a lead balloon. And I hope they crash and burn big time for their stupidity. NASCAR won't ever be on any my TV's again.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
All this talk of NASCAR and kneeling. Aren't the drivers already in their cars by the time the Anthem is sung? If it's the crew chiefs/mechanics or even the owners doing the kneeling, do we really give a shit?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I do believe that you are missing the point.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Oh...they lost me YEARS ago, but this just ices the deal.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...or-nascar/111949056/

I thought racism ended when Nikki Haley removed the Confederate Flag from her State Capital. Things that make you go, "hmmmmm...." So what's next? Oh yeah..."they" want to change the forts of those named after Confederates. OK...what's next? And then what's next? And then what's next? And then what? And then what? And then??

Y'see.....NOTHING will EVER be "good enough".

[/drift from NFL topic]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I do believe that you are missing the point.

And he’s incorrect, to boot, the drivers are standing outside of their cars during the invocation and the singing of the national anthem.

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This thread is nearly three years old. What exactly are you asking about?

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

I thought racism ended when Nikki Haley removed the Confederate Flag from her State Capital. Things that make you go, "hmmmmm...." So what's next? Oh yeah..."they" want to change the forts of those named after Confederates. OK...what's next? And then what's next? And then what's next? And then what? And then what? And then??

^^^^^^
This.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: techguy,

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Precisely, which is why I no longer have any tolerance for any demands. Fuck 'em.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meant to type wtf cares about the nfl. Don't watch it, don't care.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
Meant to type wtf cares about the nfl. Don't watch it, don't care.

Then why even bother commenting?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"Black National Anthem?" Srsly?

quote:

NFL will play Black national anthem 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' before each Week 1 game

Mike Jones USA TODAY
Published 5:56 p.m. ET Jul. 2, 2020 | Updated 8:19 p.m. ET Jul. 2, 2020

Four weeks after commissioner Roger Goodell vowed to listen to and work with players in their fight for racial equality, the NFL is in the process of solidifying plans to honor victims of systemic racism with a number of in-game programs during opening week of the 2020 season.

Starting with the nationally televised regular-season opener between the Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 10, “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” also known as the Black national anthem, will be performed before every Week 1 kickoff, before "The Star-Spangled Banner," according to a person familiar with ongoing discussions. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because plans have not yet been finalized and announced by NFL officials.

Full article: NFL will play Black national anthem 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' before each Week 1 game

Yeah, good idea: Celebrate differences, rather than commonality.

posted Hide Post
Who enacted a black national anthem? I don't remember any act of Congress to establish this.

I remember in middle school in the 80's some kid in 1st period shop class didn't want to stand for the pledge of allegiance. He got an instant attitude adjustment by the shop teacher who I'm pretty sure was a veteran. Not just a talking to, I mean hands-on stood him up and faced him to the flag, and said never again in my class!

Today that teacher would lose his job and be unemployable.

Posts: 4720 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
"Black National Anthem?" Srsly?

quote:

NFL will play Black national anthem 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' before each Week 1 game

Mike Jones USA TODAY
Published 5:56 p.m. ET Jul. 2, 2020 | Updated 8:19 p.m. ET Jul. 2, 2020

Four weeks after commissioner Roger Goodell vowed to listen to and work with players in their fight for racial equality, the NFL is in the process of solidifying plans to honor victims of systemic racism with a number of in-game programs during opening week of the 2020 season.

Starting with the nationally televised regular-season opener between the Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 10, “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” also known as the Black national anthem, will be performed before every Week 1 kickoff, before "The Star-Spangled Banner," according to a person familiar with ongoing discussions. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because plans have not yet been finalized and announced by NFL officials.

Full article: NFL will play Black national anthem 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' before each Week 1 game

Yeah, good idea: Celebrate differences, rather than commonality.

So I can kneel during their "national anthem" in honor of all the black on black gun violence.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I can kneel during their "national anthem" in honor of all the black on black gun violence.

The lefty media would f'in freak if white fans did that.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Report This Post