SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/09/...-jerry-jones-tweets/

"Jemele Hill has been suspended for two weeks for a second violation of our social media guidelines," ESPN says.

ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Now the NFL needs to enforce their own Game Operations Manual:

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

I'm sure this already has been pointed out, but it needs to be repeated: Both ESPN and the NFL need to enforce their own rules of conduct.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Watching the controversy and the response to it has been interesting. If it is possible for a major entertainment industry to commit suicide, this is how you do it. The idiots have no idea of who their audience is.

I have had the privilege of being overseas with troops when the Superbowl was being broadcast live via satellite on military bases, the last time it was in South Korea. In South Korea due to the time difference the pre-game show begins about 0600 on Monday morning. It is treated like a national holiday, the troops not standing watch have the day off, and the club begins serving Superbowl snacks at 0700. The locals think we give the game the reverence of the New Year. It is as American as America gets overseas. A slice of Apple Pie. When the National Anthem is played pre game, the revelry stops and everyone snaps to attention to honor the flag. That flag has deep meaning to those who serve-the eyes of many well up every time they hear those notes. I can think of few things more insulting to those troops than to see those morons disrespecting the colors over the false narrative that started all this crap in the first place.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
ESPN suspended her. Only for two weeks....
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10...-hill-for-two-weeks/

So, the second time she violates policy that others have been fired for on first offense, they 'suspend' her for 2 measly weeks? Good thing she didn't say something bad about Obama, she would have been fired on the spot like others who work for ESPN have been.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Here is some messed up shit.

Miami offensive line coach Chris Foerster sent this video to a "girlfriend".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...nue=19&v=YpWN7ws9Ee8

She was the one who released the video- why?

quote:
She wrote on social media that she posted the video because of the backlash against black NFL players who have kneeled during the National Anthem in protest over racial inequality.

On Sunday, she was raging: “The white people mad at me like I forced blow down this mans nose and like I recorded it on tha low. No those are his habits and he recorded himself and sent it to me professing his love. So quick to make excuses for him but will roast a minority player over an anthem, dog fights, weed, domestic issues etc.”

In other posts, she stated that she did it for "ppl like Colin Kaepernick"

Foerster resigned today from the Dolphins.

There is so much stupid shit in the NFL right now, truly flabbergasting.

http://www.miamiherald.com/ent...rticle177849991.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:

...During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention...

"Should" vs. "Shall".....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Damn, why couldn't this have been one of the kneelers Frown

Houston Texans star defensive lineman J.J. Watt is out for the season following a tibial plateau fracture during a game Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs.

The injury is seen as a massive blow to the Houston and the star is expected to be placed on injured reserve for the rest of the season, NFL.com reports.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...wing-leg-injury.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

quote:
She wrote on social media that she posted the video because of the backlash against black NFL players who have kneeled during the National Anthem in protest over racial inequality.

On Sunday, she was raging: “The white people mad at me like I forced blow down this mans nose and like I recorded it on tha low. No those are his habits and he recorded himself and sent it to me professing his love. So quick to make excuses for him but will roast a minority player over an anthem, dog fights, weed, domestic issues etc.”

In other posts, she stated that she did it for "ppl like Colin Kaepernick"

There is so much stupid shit in the NFL right now, truly flabbergasting.

I have an observation about all of this. People like this female aren't smart enough to realize that she is stupid as fuck. People this dumb were empowered for eight years into thinking that they were victims. And this victimhood forced everyone else to listen to what they had to say. They had a voice and a megaphone ran by a guy that had a teleprompter and Pravda.

Now, that they no longer have a government gun behind them to prop them up, they just come off as the uneducated, unsophisticated and uncouth leeches that they are.

True colors and whatnot.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:

...During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention...

"Should" vs. "Shall".....

And then there's the "May" vs. "Will" as regards imposition of punishment.

Both "Should" and "May" allow for discretion but if the NFL was on the right side of this, they would err more to the Shall/Will side of the spectrum. In my opinion, it's way too late now for any backpedaling or other public relations ruses to repair the damage done, and that to come.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Certainly Foerster is an idiot.

Reading the entire article at the link, Foerster is married w 3 kids. He sent that video to his girl friend w a statement that indicates she is pregnant.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Ya think? Big Grin

Like I posted earlier, an incredible amount of stupid in the NFL, all around.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
The kneelers get their say. I wish a player would wear a MAGA hat on the side lines or put a thin blue line sticker on their helmet just to see how quickly the NFL would try and put a stop to it.

The Liberals would loose their f*ckin' minds.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Reading the entire article at the link, Foerster is married w 3 kids. He sent that video to his girl friend w a statement that indicates she is pregnant.

Good Lord!

I don't know about the NFL, but I'm getting punch-drunk from the continuous blows of stupidity of and surrounding this organization.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

So girlfriend is pregnant with his baby and yet she outed him. So now he's out of a job and probably will be for the foreseeable future and she won't be getting any $$$$ of support from him for the baby.

Good thinking. All for social justice.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have an observation about all of this. People like this female aren't smart enough to realize that she is stupid as fuck. People this dumb were empowered for eight years into thinking that they were victims. And this victimhood forced everyone else to listen to what they had to say. They had a voice and a megaphone ran by a guy that had a teleprompter and Pravda.

Now, that they no longer have a government gun behind them to prop them up, they just come off as the uneducated, unsophisticated and uncouth leeches that they are.

True colors and whatnot.

They will never get ahead in this generation. How do they wipe this out and start with a clean slate?

It is possible football as a sport will decline due to this shenanigans and people not playing due to the concussions and long term health problems. I have read some parents will not let their sons play football.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Damn, why couldn't this have been one of the kneelers Frown

Houston Texans star defensive lineman J.J. Watt is out for the season following a tibial plateau fracture during a game Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs.

The injury is seen as a massive blow to the Houston and the star is expected to be placed on injured reserve for the rest of the season, NFL.com reports.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...wing-leg-injury.html

Agreed...was sad to hear about this. He's one of the good guys.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Jerry Jones statement got a reaction from the National Football Players Association:

"NFL players are union members and part of the labor movement that has woven the fabric of America for generations. Our men and their families are also conscientious Americans who continue to be forces for good through our communities and some have decided to use their platform to peacefully raise awareness to issues that deserve attention."

"It is a source of enormous pride that some of the best conversations about these issues have taken place in our locker rooms in a respectful, civil and thoughtful way that should serve as a model for how all of us can communicate with each other."

“We should not stifle these discussions and cannot allow our rights to become subservient to the very opinions our Constitution protects. That is what makes us the land of the free and home of the brave,” the statement concluded.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...-rights-subservient/

"should serve as a model for how all of us can communicate with each other."

by disrespecting the flag and national anthem ?

Kaepernick:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color"

“One thing Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here even though we’re fully capable of doing that,”

Cuba: where doctors make $26 to $67 per month. per month

“We do break up families here,” Kaepernick responded. “That’s what mass incarceration is. That was the foundation of slavery. So our country has been based on that as well as the genocide of native Americans.”

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now they've done it. They've awakened the sleeping giant that is Al Sharpton.

https://twitter.com/TheRevAl/s...k-for-two-weeks.html

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Sharpton isn't the only giant...

"Other supporters of Hill said they were outraged. Rev. Al Sharpton said the suspension “should NOT go unanswered. ESPN and advertisers will hear from us!”

Rosie O'Donnell tweeted “We are with you,” adding the hashtag #systemicRACISM."

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...k-for-two-weeks.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oh NOES!

I think this is all fascinating. It's like watching a train wreck happening in slow motion.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post