SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Derek Chauvin Trial
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Derek Chauvin Trial Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy: Stiles said the outside attorneys are all working pro bono, or without pay.

The disparity of representation doesn't seem at all "fair", but I guess the defense could have accepted pro bono help as well. Either they didn't want it, or no one was willing to risk going to bat for Chauvin.

Posts: 8958 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
The prosecution always has the advantage of unlimited lawyer manpower, unlimited cash to pay "expert" witnesses, unlimited access to crime labs & research. Plus they're able to make plea agreements with criminal witnesses to help their cases.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Biden 'Praying For The Right Verdict' In Chauvin Trial As Major Cities Brace For Violence

In a rare statement by a President during jury deliberation in a major trial, Joe Biden says he believes that the evidence in the Derek Chauvin trial is "overwhelming," and wants us to know that he's communicated with God in his hope for the 'right' verdict in the case of the former Minneapolis police officer accused of murdering George Floyd last summer during an arrest.

"I'm praying the verdict is the right verdict," Biden told reporters in the Oval Office - hours after speaking with members of the Floyd family, adding: "I think it's overwhelming in my view." Biden said he wouldn't have commented if the jury had not been sequestered.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ities-brace-violence

I see this as inciting a riot.
Biden should be impeached.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Mad

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Biden 'Praying For The Right Verdict' In Chauvin Trial As Major Cities Brace For Violence

In a rare statement by a President during jury deliberation in a major trial, Joe Biden says he believes that the evidence in the Derek Chauvin trial is "overwhelming," and wants us to know that he's communicated with God in his hope for the 'right' verdict in the case of the former Minneapolis police officer accused of murdering George Floyd last summer during an arrest.

"I'm praying the verdict is the right verdict," Biden told reporters in the Oval Office - hours after speaking with members of the Floyd family, adding: "I think it's overwhelming in my view." Biden said he wouldn't have commented if the jury had not been sequestered.

Wow, just wow! Stupid doesn't even begin to cover that statement. Way to pour gasoline on a raging fire you drooling moron! He and that old black battleax from California need to spend a whole lotta time in Club Fed.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I noticed during court tv playing the prosecution rebuttal, there appeared to be background musak style elevator music. I suspect the prosecution played mood setting music during the speech. Does that really happen?

I can't imagine a court allowing music during a closing. It is almost inconceivable. It could only be prejudicial, and would have no probative value.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

What a fucker. Commenting on an ongoing trial.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Biden views the evidence as overwhelming?

Biden hasn’t viewed the morning paper.

If that isn’t tampering and trying to influence the outcome of a trial I don’t know what is.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Yeh, but think of how satisfying it will be when 'all' of them fail and Chauvin is released. Personally I can't wait. Get out the hotdogs for use with the coming bonfires across the city.

Freaking right. Want that to happen badly like most of you.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

This dipshit just doesn't know when to keep his fat yap shut, does he? I'm telling you, they all WANT a mistrial.

And isn't this old doddering fool vaccinated and surrounded by vaccinated and/or tested people? Why does he insist on that goddam face diaper everywhere he goes? Mad

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe this country elected that drooling idiot.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:

They didn't

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It's like even Obama said, never underestimate Joe's ability to f#$k things up. I usually trust a jury to do the right thing but now and again they do something that proves mass insanity can strike at anywhere at random.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Judge should bring him up on contempt charges.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:

They didn't

This in spades. Mad

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Verdict reached. Reading around 3:30pm CST

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Guess we can cross off hung jury with it being that fast. Poor guy is about to get railroaded.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I sure hope it's the "right verdict". Roll Eyes

I mean damn, Bidet is an ass! The jurors may be sequestered, the protesters damn sure are NOT.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
They’ve already reached a verdict. I would assume since it was so fast that they have found him guilty.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

What a fucker. Commenting on an ongoing trial.

With this fast a verdict I would bet the house that no one wants to get hunt down and killed or worse by BLM and the facts or "reasonable doubt" were never a factor. Just a hunch. Hope they looked at the facts and applied the law. Eek

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post