SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
disgusting

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
This case is a perfect example of how law enforcement has been completely perverted in ever-expanding areas of the US.

Homeowners protecting property get indicted. Trespassers and vandals -- caught on tape and shit loads of physical evidence of their crimes -- not even charged.

It makes my head hurt....

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
A local law professor is among those baffled by this one.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the officers that had to go to the house to confiscate the rifles.

They have to follow orders no matter how wrong. I have to believe they would get fired lose their pensions, etc.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
They have to follow orders no matter how wrong.

Really? They are men, not robots, allegedly.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you risk your pension, retirement only to bave have someone else confiscate the rifle? Its easy to armchair quarterback until your in that position. If you could hold the person who gave the order accountable it would be easier and it would stop ridiculous actions such as this.
I think it sucks all the way around. I believe the cops know this and it will all blow over and they will get the guns back.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
No, I would not be the armed enforcer for marxists, for any price. But you do you.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, a while back in NAZI Germany...Just following orders, they said. Roll Eyes

Where is the line drawn in New Jermany?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
This case is a perfect example of how law enforcement has been completely perverted in ever-expanding areas of the US.

Homeowners protecting property get indicted. Trespassers and vandals -- caught on tape and shit loads of physical evidence of their crimes -- not even charged.

It makes my head hurt....

Maybe you should vote to defund the police. You know, just to be sure.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Make no mistake. The existence of real working Police is the only thing preventing the rest of us from going all western on these assholes.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roll Eyes This is the problem.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would you risk your pension, retirement only to bave have someone else confiscate the rifle? Its easy to armchair quarterback until your in that position. If you could hold the person who gave the order accountable it would be easier and it would stop ridiculous actions such as this.
I think it sucks all the way around. I believe the cops know this and it will all blow over and they will get the guns back.

No... Just NO... There's this thing called the 2nd Amendment, maybe you've heard of it? In the military and federal service, people are expected to abide by the U.S. Constitution. If they're given orders conflicting with the constitution (i.e. arbitrarily murdering innocent civilians, etc.) they expected to NOT follow orders that are illegal. I would surmise most LEO agencies are the same.

So, the answer is NO... You don't follow illegal orders to confiscate law abiding civilian's firearms. NO... You don't follow illegal orders to round law abiding civilians up and put them in box cars to be taken to concentration camps.

Just... NO...

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Let's see..... Get paid..........honor the constitution. Which is the priority? It's a real puzzler.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Yet another setback for Kim Gardner's office. Undaunted, her office announced its intent to appeal the ruling to the Missouri Supreme Court. The homicide rate in St. Louis City hit a 50-year high last year with an abysmal clearance rate of less than 30% but this prosecution will apparently be pursued until all avenues of appeal have been exhausted.

Link

Court denies prosecutor's appeal in McCloskey case

A Missouri appeals court on Friday denied St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner’s appeal challenging the disqualification of her office from prosecuting Mark McCloskey who, along with his wife, drew guns on racial injustice protesters last summer.

The decision upholds Judge Thomas Clark II’s ruling last month that removed Gardner and her office from the case, citing concerns over two campaign fundraising emails by Gardner that referenced the prosecution. Clark’s ruling applied only to Mark McCloskey, but attorneys for the couple are seeking to have the ruling apply to Patricia McCloskey’s case, too.

A spokeswoman for Gardner said the ruling will be appealed to the Missouri Supreme Court.

The McCloskeys, both of them lawyers in their 60s, face weapons and evidence tampering charges. Both have pleaded not guilty.

They were celebrated in conservative circles but criticized by others for the June incident that happened during nationwide protests that followed George Floyd’s death.

A large group of protesters marching to Mayor Lyda Krewson’s home instead detoured onto a private street that includes the McCloskeys’ home. They came outside and pointed guns at the protesters, accusing them of trespassing and saying they felt threatened. Protest leaders said the demonstration was peaceful.

The McCloskeys spoke on video during the Republican National Convention and garnered support from President Donald Trump and other leading Republicans. Missouri Gov. Mike Parson vowed to pardon them if they are convicted.

Their attorney, Joel Schwartz, sought Gardner’s removal, citing her reference to the case in fundraising emails during her successful Democratic primary campaign in August. Gardner, St. Louis’ first Black circuit attorney, won reelection in November.

If Clark’s ruling stands, a special prosecutor would be appointed to take over the case.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:

Really? They are men, not robots, allegedly.

And do they not take an oath to obey all laws, including the US Constitution?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The way I read it, the oath is to follow all 'lawful orders'

At some point it will be time for these mayors to realize that the Police are not their own private security company but work for the people.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Just following orders......

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

I did something like this years ago. I was working for a company that allegedly was in the business of "helping" people financially.

Turns out they were making a bad situation worse and screwing over people.

I refused and got walked out. I look back on it proudly. I put morals and ethics above money and career.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel bad for the officers that had to go to the house to confiscate the rifles.

They have to follow orders no matter how wrong. I have to believe they would get fired lose their pensions, etc.

And suppose that order was to round up all Republicans, cram them 1,500 to a cattle car, and send them to a reeducation camp modeled on the Kolyma's gulag camps?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't like guns being confiscated. So I am not sticking up for the gun grabbers. I also have a hard time conveying my thoughts into words.

I know the answer, disobey the orders. There is an obligation to do the right and moral thing.

Honestly, what happens to a cop that refuses orders? Does he get demoted? Fired? What are the repercussions? Has anyone in law enforcement been in this position?

Sadly, if a refusal took place, I could see this not going in law enforcements favor. Politicians are to greedy to make a name for themselves.

We have already seen activist judges disregarding the law during the election, so I have little faith in them regarding any gun laws.

You spend years on the force being the best role model and cop, then some jerk whisks away everything you have worked hard for and you are left with nothing. All because the right and moral thing was done and some politician has an agenda.

Benjamin Franklin