SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé: . . . Just remember that every single news piece or article in any and all newspapers, etc is full of falsehoods, innuendo, misinformation, and outright lies. This is an immutable fact of life. And that is more true today than likely in any time in history

I took a class in college entitled "Informal Logic", ie, the methods used to spread falsehoods in our society. I would love to take the class again (assuming the prof wasn't a stereotypical arch-liberal).

What surprises me a bit, and hurts a bit, is people I know who willingly swallow the lies and distortions.

There is a subset of the population that prefers to believe lies. Lies get them what they want......or rather promise them what they want and that's good enough for now. I've observed of that subset that they live in fantasy so much, they can no longer distinguish fantasy from reality. This is why reality surprises and disappoints them continually. It is also a mental illness.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've observed of that subset that they live in fantasy so much, they can no longer distinguish fantasy from reality.

I think that describes the entire campaign of Hillary Clinton.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23919 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:...
Just curious, do you think the situation would be different if, all else being the same, Kim Gardner were white and the McCloskeys were black? (Rhetorical, of course.)

It is only speculation, but I certainly can see her actions being 180. Given that the whole "white guilt" bullshit is so much misplaced emotion.

Then again, we have so many idiots across every demographic, that the "what if game", becomes a problem "Joshua" WOPR already solved.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every member should take a look at their Homeowner's Insurance Policy. Many will have an exclusion for riots or civil disturbances.

If you are unlucky enough to have your home burnt to the ground,you might not have insurance coverage.

Will that change how vigorously you defend your property?

Posts: 12546 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
I've observed of that subset that they live in fantasy so much, they can no longer distinguish fantasy from reality.

Thank you chellim, now I have mt dew all over my computer screen. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Sorry, explain to me what Hillary Clinton has to do with any of this.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A member posted the following:
quote:
There is a subset of the population that prefers to believe lies. Lies get them what they want......or rather promise them what they want and that's good enough for now. I've observed of that subset that they live in fantasy so much, they can no longer distinguish fantasy from reality. This is why reality surprises and disappoints them continually. It is also a mental illness.

This reminded me of Hillary Clinton and her entire 2016 campaign. She's been lying so long I think she's begun to believe her own lies. She can no longer distinguish fantasy from reality. This is why she and most of her supporters could not accept that they had lost, either on election night or even since.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23919 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Such jokes are by now so old, stale, unfunny and downright boring that we should never again see them in this forum.

Why in the world you had to interject something like that is beyond me, and you will kindly refrain from doing so ever again.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Every member should take a look at their Homeowner's Insurance Policy. Many will have an exclusion for riots or civil disturbances.

If you are unlucky enough to have your home burnt to the ground,you might not have insurance coverage.

Will that change how vigorously you defend your property?

This !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Auto policy as well.

Posts: 9941 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ing-shortly-n2572429

Mark McCloskey, the St. Louis attorney who, along with his wife, brandished legally-owned firearms last month when BLM activists reportedly stormed through the gate of their private community, revealed on Monday that there may be an indictment coming against them soon.

The “rumor” comes after law enforcement officials served a warrant to them last week and confiscated his rifle. He described them as being "almost apologetic."

"They didn’t want to have to be there. They were doing their job. Patty wanted to take a picture to document it and she asked if they wouldn’t mind facing away from the camera so that people wouldn’t get mad at them if their faces were shown on TV," he told Fox News’s Tucker Carlson.

“My attorney advised me not to be on the show tonight because the rumor is that we are going to be indicted shortly,” McCloskey continued. “Having said that, this is the same circuit attorney that released 35 of the protesters that torched and looted in downtown St. Louis but now she wants to indict me. I didn’t shoot anybody. I just held my ground, protecting my house, and I’m sitting here on television tonight instead of dead or putting out the smoldering embers of my home.”

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Soooooo...what odds has Vegas put on the McCloskey's pulling the lever for President Trump in November? I just wonder how much Liberty and how many Rights and Freedoms, afforded by the Constitution, a Democrat has to forego before they realize they've been duped all these years??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11042 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
“My attorney advised me not to be on the show tonight because the rumor is that we are going to be indicted shortly,”

I'm no attorney, but I think his going on the show and stating his mind will end up being a good thing.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
“My attorney advised me not to be on the show tonight because the rumor is that we are going to be indicted shortly,”

I'm no attorney, but I think his going on the show and stating his mind will end up being a good thing.

I agree.
He absolutely needs public support. If he allows the St. Louis Post-Dispatch to control the narrative with hit pieces (like the one posted on previous page) he will be seen as a monster by any jury he has to face.

-rduckwor

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

I agree.
He absolutely needs public support. If he allows the St. Louis Post-Dispatch to control the narrative with hit pieces (like the one posted on previous page) he will be seen as a monster by any jury he has to face.

Somehow I doubt any jury in St. Louis will be the Tucker Carlson demographic, so it wont do him much good. These are the people who elected Gardner in the first place. He probably voted for her too

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^ A fair point... and that's what happens when you elect someone like Kim Gardner.
But at least he's getting his side of the story out there.

-rduckwor

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
What are the odds that mansion will looted out and burned if they are taken into custody?

Then the arsonists and looters are never caught.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34069 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
If the St. Louis jury pool seems rotten, can the defendant(s) request a change of venue or bench trial?

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ing-shortly-n2572429

“Having said that, this is the same circuit attorney that released 35 of the protesters that torched and looted in downtown St. Louis but now she wants to indict me. I didn’t shoot anybody. I just held my ground, protecting my house, and I’m sitting here on television tonight instead of dead or putting out the smoldering embers of my home.”

Well, Mark...guess it's time to reconsider being a Democrat, huh? Wake up some friends with their heads in the sand while you are at it.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
By the way, and this goes again to the fact that everything-- EVERYTHING--printed in the media can be called misinformation at best--Mr. McCloskey is actually a lifelong Republican and says he despises the radical, marxist movement that is BLM. He says he's seen this being spread around and wanted to clear that up. He even called BLM a terrorist organization. He said this during an interview with Michael Knowles. So the man most certainly isn't a Democrat.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post