SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
Barring a modern day miracle, they will continue to believe that the efforts to remove Gardner arise from systemic racism rather than irrefutable evidence that she is incompetent.
...and a racist. Her behavior overall and her reaction (and the shameful reactions of her supporters) to the attempt to remove her, indicate clearly that this gal is as much of a racist as anyone you would have found at a Klan meeting a century ago.

All that shouting at her press conference Roll Eyes Why didn't they just cut to the chase and shout "I hate Whitey!"?

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
All that shouting at her press conference Roll Eyes Why didn't they just cut to the chase and shout "I hate Whitey!"?
Well, if you got the same memo I got, only whites can be raysist! Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Barring a modern day miracle, they will continue to believe that the efforts to remove Gardner arise from systemic racism rather than irrefutable evidence that she is incompetent.
...and a racist. Her behavior overall and her reaction (and the shameful reactions of her supporters) to the attempt to remove her, indicate clearly that this gal is as much of a racist as anyone you would have found at a Klan meeting a century ago.

Yes. For all her lawsuits alleging racism and her pronouncements decrying white privilege, she certainly seems to believe that she is deserving of privilege.

Remember the infamous traffic stop near Christmas time around 4 years ago? She was stopped several blocks from her office downtown driving in the dark with her headlights out. She later told numerous lies about the stop (claiming it lasted over twice as long as it really did and that it occurred on a different day than it did). She also claimed that she felt unsafe so she called her investigator who zoomed to the scene and interacted with the officer who made the stop.

She took what undoubtedly would have been a non-event from a news standpoint and went on the offensive calling press conferences and making ridiculous claims about why she was stopped and how she was treated. No mention of the fact that she was clearly driving irresponsibly and endangering others by driving in the dark with her headlights off. No, she didn't call her investigator to the scene in an attempt to intimidate the officer who stopped her, she called him because she felt 'unsafe'.

She's been a nightmare since the minute she assumed office and it's way past time for her to go.

Posts: 7310 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The local media outlets got the "Dump Gardner" memo and are now actually doing their jobs.

Local media have also been giving airtime to her claim that an unelected, overzealous AG is attempting to remove a duly elected public official and thus subvert the will of the people.

Fortunately, the overwhelming evidence of her incompetence seems to be swaying even many who normally tend to lean left of center. That leaves the usual suspects for whom every issue revolves around race. Barring a modern day miracle, they will continue to believe that the efforts to remove Gardner arise from systemic racism rather than irrefutable evidence that she is incompetent.

Haha, those are the "usual suspects" who have been covering and acting as her cheerleaders. Even most in their own newsrooms aren't paying attention to them.

As for the traffic stop, the St. Louis City Police were very quick to get the videos of the incident out, which showed she lied......again.

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her office has been threatened with contempt of court since she did not send anyone to argue a murder trial:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...306a4d0a0dd465&ei=68

St. Louis prosecutor threatened with contempt after no one in her office shows up at murder trial

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner is facing contempt of court threats from a state judge after she failed to send anyone from her office to argue a murder trial, reported the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

"Jonathon Jones, 18, was set to face trial starting Monday on charges he shot and killed a man in 2021 near the Gateway Arch grounds, but no one from Gardner's office appeared for the beginning of trial. The prosecutor assigned to the case is on sick leave," reported Katie Kull. "Judge Scott A. Millikan filed an order for Gardner's office to show cause for why she should not be held in criminal contempt and ordered to pay a fine or face jail time."

In the order, Millikan wrote, "This conduct thwarts and defeats the authority of the Circuit Court of the City of St. Louis."

"Gardner's office has faced years of criticism for understaffing and organizational dysfunction. Several hearings in recent months have been delayed because no one from Gardner's office showed up to argue them, and in 2021, a murder case was dismissed altogether because a prosecutor failed to show up for trial. Authorities later learned the prosecutor had been assigned 30 cases while on maternity leave," said the report. "And the office has a dwindling number of staffers to call for help. In recent weeks, multiple prosecutors who handle the city's most serious felonies have left Gardner's office, including one who wrote of a "toxic work environment" in her resignation letter."

This comes as Missouri's Republican Attorney General, Andrew Bailey, is seeking to remove Gardner from office.

Republicans in Missouri have been enraged at Gardner ever since the investigation of former Gov. Eric Greitens, who resigned in disgrace after a sex scandal. Last year, an ethics probe looked into Gardner's conduct during the Greitens investigation, and she was fined $750 by the state Supreme Court but allowed to keep her law license.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
For the life of me, I cannot fathom the mind of your average democRAT/left leaner; how even they are not howling for this stupid bitches firing for her obvious inaction. Politics aside, people are being murdered and essentially set free with no repercussions… back into their community. Any one of them could just as easily fall victim to these savages no matter what their income, gated community security, etc. The lengths the supporters of criminally negligent officials will go just so they can say “my side won” is astounding.

Leftist liberals are truly a mentally deranged bunch.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15569 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hearing gave a good preview of what is to come if/when this ultimately goes to trial.

It was somewhat tedious as they went down a list of about 40 some items of contention in an attempt to winnow out those items on which both defense and plaintiff agreed. That number was far less than those on which they disagreed.

As a non-lawyer, some of what the defense argued against was surreal. When asked to produce the number of cases assigned to individual Assistant Circuit Attorney's, the number of warrant requests received along with the number of warrant requests rejected and also how many warrants issued, the defense objected strongly asserting that such a request represented an unprecedented intrusion into the inner workings of the office.

How that information could possibly be construed as an 'unprecedented intrusion' is beyond me.

The judge told the parties that he would prefer that they work out as many of these issues as possible adding that while he could certainly rule on each issue, he generally favors disclosure in such cases.

The state strongly pushed for a speedy trial citing public safety among other reasons. They settled on a late September start with the trial expected to last 2-3 weeks. There will be regularly scheduled status updates leading up to the trial date in an attempt to ensure that things are proceeding on schedule.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Late September?? Oh, for fuck's sake.

posted Hide Post
^^^^
The defense was not thrilled with that, either. They cited unavailability of one of Gardner's out-of-town attorney's. It turned out that he was scheduled to teach during that time.

The AG's office jumped right on that suggesting that trial lawyers routinely adjust their schedules based on upcoming trials and hinted that teaching was not a sufficient excuse to be unavailable.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The Bumbling Buffon Train Wreck continues:

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Facing possible contempt of court for the second time this week, Kim Gardner was held to account after having skated during the first hearing.

The judge in the second hearing described her office as a 'rudderless ship of chaos' and ordered her to be prepared to make her defense by the end of May.

Link

posted Hide Post
Hah! Her worst nightmare.

https://yourmissourijudges.org...of%20Law%20in%202004.

Judge Michael W. Noble was appointed a Circuit Judge in the 22nd Judicial Circuit on March 13, 2013. He is a graduate of the United States Military Academy in 1988 and received his JD from the Saint Louis University School of Law in 2004. He previously served as the Drug Court Commissioner from 2007 to 2013. He also worked as a patent lawyer and an assistant public defender. He is a member of the Missouri Bar, Patent Bar, Mount City Bar Association, the Bar Association of Metropolitan Saint Louis, and the Lawyers Association of Saint Louis. He is a member of the Missouri Supreme Court Committee in Treatment Courts, and a board member and past president of the Missouri Association of Drug Court Professionals.

Discussion
The survey of lawyers who practiced before Judge Noble returned overwhelmingly favorable responses, with no ratings less than a 4 on a 5-point scale; likewise, surveys returned by jurors who had served in Judge Noble’s court were also overwhelmingly favorable with the lowest favorable return on one question of 97.4 percent and 7 out of the 10 questions being 100 percent favorable.

A review by the Committee of written opinions submitted by Judge Noble found that they were written in a knowledgeable and workman-like manner and were well found and based in law and fact, in view of the type of cases in which were decided by him. A survey of selected court personal who were chosen by Judge Noble to submit surveys were also favorable with the only unfavorable comment being that “he tried to do too much”. One member of the committee, by chance, severed as a prospective juror in Judge Noble’s court and found that the survey responses were well founded based on the manner in which he was observed to conduct his Court.

Posts: 3593 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Besides the recent Contempt of Court charges (one dismissed, one on-going), and the State Attorney General's case for Malfeasance/Incompetence/and General Skullduggery, Gardner has not complied with subpoenas from the State Auditor's Office. We were talking about that the other day in that Gardner has a budget for over 60 attorneys but only has two trial attorneys currently working.....I wonder where the rest of the money is going to? Perhaps some Soros backed and based progressive justice groups, maybe some local activists? Follow the money.

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With this resignation, which was effective immediately, there is one assistant circuit attorney left in the office.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Even the most cynical person should now be able to see the handwriting on the wall. This incompetent, lazy, white-hating, disgusting, useless woman has to go, and it doesn't matter how loudly her racist supporters cry and shout "racism".

If all of this is not enough to get rid of her, then, the justice system in that county loves living in a sewer.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I would imagine the last prosecutor in Garndner's office will soon quit as well.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The video above says the remaining assistant circuit court attorney suffered a medical emergency in court a month or so ago, but that he is back to work now.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
The video above says the remaining assistant circuit court attorney suffered a medical emergency in court a month or so ago, but that he is back to work now.

It doesn't say what type of medical emergency it was. I suppose he could have tripped on something and broke his ankle. But if it was a stress-induced problem, how long might it be now before he has another one? Or, how long will it be until his wife makes him quit?

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

It doesn't say what type of medical emergency it was. I suppose he could have tripped on something and broke his ankle. But if it was a stress-induced problem, how long might it be now before he has another one? Or, how long will it be until his wife makes him quit?

He had a seizure based on stress and work load. Medical protocols usually require the person to be off for a couple months and no driving for 6 months. He was off on required medical leave when Gardner sent her "investigators" to order him to be back at work immediately.

BTW, there are a TOTAL of 23 attorneys left in Gardner's Office (about 20+ have left the office since February 2023), with only 1 attorney now handling ALL the Violent Crime Unit Cases (400+ cases). The rest of the attorneys handle child support and non-violent crime cases, and representing Gardner for her various contempt of court cases. The 22 other attorneys only have a combined 150 years law experience, let alone trial experience.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
He had a seizure based on stress and work load. Medical protocols usually require the person to be off for a couple months and no driving for 6 months. He was off on required medical leave when Gardner sent her "investigators" to order him to be back at work immediately.

And now he finds himself alone, with an impossible case load, perhaps hundreds now.
The clock is ticking.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post