SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I was adding to my post and apparently typed a "trigger word". Hence my entire post was deleted. Not sure what that trigger word might have been...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What will it take to mount a forceful response to all of the violence from protesters and cover from corrupt politicians? Well I don’t know. More, I guess. I think those who occupy the space right of center are moral people. They are peace loving people. So I don’t think they will gather in large groups and attack their opposition. In my case I think what it would take is actual personal self defense and defense of my family. We aren’t there yet. But I think it’s coming. Which is why it bothered me that these people could be indicted For simply defending their home and themselves from an angry mob.

If it were ever established that what they did was afoul of the law then I couldn’t defend myself nor my family similarly. And that is the final straw. I think the reason for the most part we don’t see violent protesters coursing through neighborhoods destroying family’s homes or worse is because that would be the final straw and they know it. We are not organized by a central authority the way they are. We are governed by morals and ethics and principles.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'll need to figure it out for yourself. I'm not interested in defeatism.

You need to reconsider that CUT of yours. Based on this latest post from you, it's just not a good fit.

Truth Wins? How did my post compromise that?

This isn't an argument with you in particular, but you brought it up. So I'm asking. Because I hear it a lot. "Something is going to happen if this doesn't stop." What? What's going to happen, and when? It's more rhetorical than a challenge, because everyone is different. But since you mention it, why not talk about it? What's the threshold? If people are going to riot and loot and burn if Trump gets re-elected , then how is that different than now? And why should what happens then not be the threshold now, since there is no difference? How much riotous, murderous, treasonous behavior does a decent people have to endure before they actually do something?

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't want to hear this cynical shit. Go tell it to one of your fellow defeatists. There's plenty around.

When the shooting starts, I'm certain you'll pipe up to admit you were wrong.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I run a company and live in the suburbs. Other than reading about this shit in the news, it doesn't affect me at all. My weekends are spent doing fun stuff with my kids. My week days are spent at work focused on "work stuff," and reading about guns of course. Wink

When will something happen? When the majority of us who are busy going about our lives and busy being happy get impacted. Once they start to fuck with our lives, then something will happen. In the mean time, I've got shit to do while these jackasses spray paint and burn their own cities. To expect anything to happen before then seems unlikely.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
When will something happen? When the majority of us who are busy going about our lives and busy being happy get impacted. Once they start to fuck with our lives, then something will happen.

In other words, when they bring it to the suburbs. I'm in the suburbs too.... and I agree.

The McCloskey's are in the City. It's a nice part of the City. They live on a private street in a historic house which they have renovated to its' former glory. But they are still in the City and even on a private street they are not very insulated from the crime and violence and leftist politics which are on the increase in the City.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Crime, violence and leftest politics are definitely on the increase in the City. Soros-backed Kim Gardner and her office are in large part responsible for those increases.

As you know, Soros-backed Wesley Bell was elected in the suburbs so it may well only be a question of time before you begin to see similar increases in the suburbs, probably just not at such a rapid rate.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
^^^^

Crime, violence and leftest politics are definitely on the increase in the City. Soros-backed Kim Gardner and her office are in large part responsible for those increases.

As you know, Soros-backed Wesley Bell was elected in the suburbs so it may well only be a question of time before you begin to see similar increases in the suburbs, probably just not at such a rapid rate.

Wesley has backed away from some of this progressive BS. He knows he is going to face stiff opposition in the primary and election, he already has pissed off the west and south county voters so he has a slim and none chance going into the next election. In St. Louis County, I am seeing a lot more warrants issued now than from when he first became the County PA. We got quite a few warrants issued on "protestors" who were doing the same shit as they did in St. Louis City but Gardner refused and released all of those. Yep, the rioters were shocked when they found out they had warrants and substantial bonds on their asses.

August is going to be tough: the annual Mike Brown Memorial Weekend (August 7th to 9th) and the Terry Tillman shooting one year anniversary (August 28 to 30).

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Opps.....Gardner just tampered with evidence. The pistol taken from the McCloskeys was re-assembled and put in working order at the direction of Gardner's staff to show it was "readily capable of lethal action" (which is required to make a charge of exhibiting or flourishing in Missouri).

A seasoned prosecutor would have taken the same type of pistol, render it non-functional like the pistol in evidence and THEN have the expert re-assemble it correctly to show how it could be "quickly" put into lethal capable action.

Gardner staffer ordered crime lab to reassemble Patricia McCloskey's gun

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I was taught the first rule of digging yourself into a hole was to put down the shovel. I hope THAT Karma comes back to bite her in the Gluteus Maximus...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Opps.....Gardner just tampered with evidence. The pistol taken from the McCloskeys was re-assembled and put in working order at the direction of Gardner's staff to show it was "readily capable of lethal action" (which is required to make a charge of exhibiting or flourishing in Missouri).

A good attorney will have a great time with that bit of stupidity.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

As much as I hoped AG Barr would step up, the most we've gotten out of him is an investigation or two that hasn't yielded anything. He's turning out to be another Jeff Sessions, who stood waste deep in evidence of democrat corruption, yet his only inclination was to go after a couple to Republican politicians who had violated campaign finance laws. I can see why Trump is so frustrated. He can't find anyone with balls or willpower.

Man, seriously? How in God's name can you compare Sessions to AG Barr?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The evidence will be ruled inadmissible if it were tampered with. It would be like putting THC in CBD oil,to prove it was a controlled substance at one time.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
The evidence will be ruled inadmissible if it were tampered with. It would be like putting THC in CBD oil,to prove it was a controlled substance at one time.

Sure. But isn't tampering with evidence illegal? As in against the law? A chargeable offense?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That kind of obvious prodding moves us towards the breaking point. If they keep pushing, they're going to find out.

I'd like to think they would. But will they? I mean, if what has happened to date isn't enough, what will be? Rioting, looting, arson, murder, taking over city blocks. They do all this with impunity.

...snip...

What is it actually going to take to literally pull people like this circuit attorney out into the street by their hair, and cover them in hot tar and feathers? What's it going to take to make a physical example of the NY Times building? What's it going to actually take to before enough really is enough? How deep will things have to sink before the right side literally starts fighting back?

When are you prepared to start killing people with whom you disagree? When will you be willing to kill your local Kim Gardner? We have courts and elections before it comes to this.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
A second article on the dismissal says neither weapon was capable of lethal force - P230(?) was a trial mock-up & AR15 safety engaged at all times.....no ammo present......as always, time will tell.

https://lidblog.com/dismiss-against-the-mccloskeys/

quote:
Watkins noted that the handgun he gave to the police wasn’t really kept for self-protection. It wasn’t a working gun. It was only used as an exhibit in the McCloskeys’ own law practice for a lawsuit against the handgun manufacturer.

quote:
During the incident with the mob, Mark McCloskey had the safety of the semi-automatic rifle engaged and did not finger the trigger. Per KSDK, A source familiar with the investigation told them that police did not find any ammunition at the McCloskey’s home, and the rifle was not loaded when they seized it. So neither firearm was capable of lethal force.

They were DAMN lucky to get through that with an unloaded gun.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I see it happening sooner rather than later. When President Trump is re-elected in a landslide in three and a half months, these mindless savages are going to have nowhere to go except to riot, burn buildings and attack people.

Yep. I think it's coming. Prepare accordingly. They are already playing the 'republicans are trying to suppress voters' angle to gin up sentiment that he is working to steal the election.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:

As much as I hoped AG Barr would step up, the most we've gotten out of him is an investigation or two that hasn't yielded anything. He's turning out to be another Jeff Sessions, who stood waste deep in evidence of democrat corruption, yet his only inclination was to go after a couple to Republican politicians who had violated campaign finance laws. I can see why Trump is so frustrated. He can't find anyone with balls or willpower.

I haven't given up on Durham and Barr yet. The breadth of that investigation is massive and Durham has put protected class type individuals in prison before.

I think that is part of the reason why we are seeing so much panic and effort from the left right now. They know it is coming and they are desperate and scrambling.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IndianaBoy,

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Edit your post, please, to remove my username. I did not say that. I most certainly would not say that, although others here would. Roll Eyes

William Barr has my full support.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Yes, IndianaBoy, I said it. And I stand by it. If indictments arise from the Durham investigation that amount to anything substantial, I will gladly admit I am wrong. But I am skeptical that will happen. Barr has already said that Obama and Biden would not be investigated in connection spying on the Trump campaign and the "pee" dosier because "that would be political." Hell, even Biden's blatant gloating of his quid-pro-quo threat to the Ukraine went nowhere.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post