SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
“We also have rules about do not disturb,” Wynn said. “If a room goes on do not disturb for more than 12 hours, we investigate. We constantly -- we don't allow guns in this building unless they're being carried by our employees and there's a lot of them. But if anybody's got a gun and we find them continually, we eject them from the hotel.”

That's a shitty policy Mr. Wynn. Really shitty.
Hotel room = Domicile.

Yep - note taken. I definitely will not stay in a hotel with this policy. I don't want maids rummaging around in my room - ever. I always put up the 'Do Not Disturb' sign and leave it for the duration of my stay. I will exchange towels as needed, otherwise I do not want people in my room.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Yep - note taken. I definitely will not stay in a hotel with this policy. I don't want maids rummaging around in my room - ever. I always put up the 'Do Not Disturb' sign and leave it for the duration of my stay. I will exchange towels as needed, otherwise I do not want people in my room.

My policy as well.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

My policy as well.

Yup. That sign goes up the second I walk into the room.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I agree.

Also, apparently Jason Aldean, who was performing when the shooting started, opened SNL last night.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wynn is just covering his ass guys. Do not take "the investigate after 12 hours" shit seriously. Remember Wynn was around when the Mob ran Vegas. He is using corporate speak to defend attacks against the industry. They take security of THEIR MONEY very seriously, guests is another matter, I assure you.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
I agree.

Also, apparently Jason Aldean, who was performing when the shooting started, opened SNL last night.

Apparently the UFC asked him to perform the National Anthem at the event last night in Vegas and Aldean's people turned them down. The UFC donated $1M, had 1500 first responders and some survivors in attendance, and wanted Aldean to perform.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/07/...a-white-ufc-216-snl/

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
But he'll go on SNL so SNL can mindlessly "make a point" about gun control. It's time for Aldean to go disco.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
The longer that the authorities fumble around and not give a motive the Las Vegas shooting, the more I lean toward a conspiracy theory for the shooting.
Specifically that Paddock was conducting a gun deal for the FBI and it went south. Nothing else makes any sense.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
The longer that the authorities fumble around and not give a motive the Las Vegas shooting, the more I lean toward a conspiracy theory for the shooting.
Specifically that Paddock was conducting a gun deal for the FBI and it went south. Nothing else makes any sense.
Help me out- I can't tell if you're being serious.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

It seems to me that no motive until they have something solid to go on is vastly preferable to one that is concocted with no actual facts whatsoever.

There is no requirement to provide a motive quickly, or at all, actually.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Conspiracy - always a remote possibility. Some contradictory facts - yes, we have that here. But a gun deal for the FBI? How do you connect the dots on that one?

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:

WTH are talking about? You had the fake pancake syrup with HFCS and artificial flavors instead of the real stuff again, didnt you?

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
A gun deal for the FBI?

Ninja what?

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the laugh. haha

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
for the FBI.

So you're saying he's a spy, he's an undercover agent for the FBI and he's been sent down here to infiltrate the Ku Klux Klan? Interesting....hey that would make a pretty good song.....

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Here are my probable motives for Las Vegas Shooter (which most people won't care.....the Tasha prostitute ninja story has already got traction and fits the media's narrative):

1. Psycho (and or brain tumor) planning for his moment of infamy. No history of mental issues but was a rich loner.

2. Alt Left Anti Trump radical loony with sympathies toward Muslims and ISIS.

3. Alt Left Anti Trump radical loony who was radicalize via ISIS and other Islamic terror propaganda.

How many times has the FBI told us there were no DIRECT connection between our lone wolf terrorists in the last 8 years and ISIS? By direct connection they mean ISIS leaders telling them what and when to do it, providing training, weapons, funds, and personnel. Indirect connection is via the ISIS on line propaganda that radicalizes these shitheads and instructions on various methods of jihad on the infidels.

quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
quote:
for the FBI.

So you're saying he's a spy, he's an undercover agent for the FBI and he's been sent down here to infiltrate the Ku Klux Klan? Interesting....hey that would make a pretty good song.....

Hmmm........would have to have a character in the song nicknamed "Green Teeth" and it would have to occur in a bar in Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night........we may have a damn good song if we can put the rest of it together. Big Grin

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

Conspiracy - always a remote possibility. Some contradictory facts - yes, we have that here. But a gun deal for the FBI? How do you connect the dots on that one?

To be fair, if there are no dots to connect either way then why not choose to believe the most fantastical batshit thing you can come up with? At least it’s entertaining...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Hmmm........would have to have a character in the song nicknamed "Green Teeth" and it would have to occur in a bar in Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night........we may have a damn good song if we can put the rest of it together. Big Grin

I think you may be right. I have a buddy who's good at this type of thing. I'll give Charlie a call, see what he can come up with. Wink

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You've been on 4chan haven't you? Shame. Shame. Shame.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As it stands, arlen, this is nothing more than trolling.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post